Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2017, 08:56 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
I only accept certified/cashiers checks when I get them from the hands of the issuing banks teller. Usually when the amount is for more than I want to carry around as cash. Certified/cashiers checks are forged everyday.

Doing a long distance deal makes it a lot more complicated.
Exactly how I would do it. I would never accept any kind of check for a substantial amount of money from a buyer. It would have to be handed to me by the bank teller.

Better yet just do a wire transfer. Once verified the money is in your account then hand over the keys. That's the preferred way and safest for both buyer and seller. Just make sure the seller is the true owner and is authorized to sell the vehicle.

timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2017, 09:09 AM   #44

We had a similar situation happen selling online and was contacted by a scammer. Here is a blog post from our boating site we wrote about it and some helpful tips on not being scammed, https://trawler-beach-house.blogspot.com/2016/07/how-to-avoid-scammers.html . The counterfeit cashiers check looked like a legit check. No local law enforcement or even the post office had no interest in looking into this. Even the bank the counterfeit check appeared to be from had no interest. That's why these people continue to scam folks out of their money. There is no consequences. Not until we stop falling for this nonsense will it finally stop. Chuck

chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:47 AM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
I did not spell out, he would have to wait till his check clears his bank/financial Institution......Like mentioned above, if he can write a check ......just tell him to bring cash.......

Cheques can be cancelled/found to be bad weeks, months even after they are cashed.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:47 PM   #46

Definitely a scam. I have sold lots of items on craigslist and get those types of responses all the time. I will not even reply to them.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:07 PM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
i purchased my my class a mh , from cl, with a cashiers check from my bank.
previous owner had lien at bank, their banker talked to my banker, i carried check to his bank with him and he (the banker) completed the title transfer to my bank.
now i have a payment to my bank, to get their name off of the title.
i was very happy seller worked with me, he also thought at first i was a scammer . i had him call my bank and confirm that i was not a scammer, but a legit buyer. i didn't have the cash ,but i have very good credit , bank is happy, so am i
happy glamping!
billgallivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:20 PM   #48

Scam.
Usually within a few minutes of posting the ad.
JohnH12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:35 PM   #49
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My iPhone 6 has just started tagging some calls as "Likely Scam" rather than a phone number. Something has changed in the cell phone world and I like it.

okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote