Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2006, 04:51 AM   #15

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Two Bit:
Here is the LEGAL answer for Texas State and County Parks:
In Texas State Parks (and other non-private parks in the state) the roads are state roads and thus all vehicle laws apply, thus scooters are not legal. ALL vehicle laws can be enforced including speed, driver license, seatbelts, alcohol, insurance requirements, type of vehicle, license plates, ect.... just like any highway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the same thing that I was told in both TN state parks & GA state Parks as well as the National Forest system. If you are legal in your home residence state (like your scooter is legally not required to be tagged), then that is how your scooter should be.

To find our you tagging requirements, e-mail your state's DMV and print/save the response. You may need a motorcycle license as well. In TN our vespa style scooter is supposed to be tagged. Bought (used) in NC it had no title because it didn't need to be tagged or titled in NC to drive on the roads. I had to have the manufacturer send me a MSRP(?) which is like a generic title with all the info on it. This thing is in my name and I had the original dealer get it for me (they knew the story behind our buying the scooter). Local DMV says the 49cc scooter doesn't qualify for a tag but it needs a tag to drive on TN roads (cops say it needs tags, local motorcycle store says DMV is brain-dead because they go thru same thing every time they sell/tag/tile a scooter). Our Marion County TN DMV is bonkers. I figure that I will get an NC title than transfer over to TN but we may be selling it. The scooter was bought for the girls in their pre-car days. Now that Anna is driving the Saturn we bought the girls and Stacey has appropriated my Jeep, they have showed no interest in the scooter. My point is that you shouldn't wait until the last minute to tag/tile your scooter.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!