Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2016, 11:34 AM   #1

Screen to block sewer and water hoses from your neighbor's view?

I'm trying to find a portable screen to block my sewer hose from my neighbor's view. Something 1' - 2' tall and maybe 15' long. A lot of folks in my RV park have custom fitted fabric snapped along the lower edge of their RV that drops to the ground. I don't want to go that far but I'd like to be a good neighbor and at least cover up the sewer/water/cable TV hoses/wires that run along the street side of my RV to make it a bit more tidy.

Does anybody use something like this and if so, where did you get it?

Thanks!
bertschb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2016, 11:49 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
This would be a good time of year to buy discounted plastic Christmas garland. Perhaps plastic ropes of evergreen, holly, even poinsettia are probably on sale. You might buy enough to cover up the unsightly utility pedestal to make it appear like a bush.

Is this really an issue in your RV park? What about your unsightly mirrors, wheels, and wipers? Perhaps garland vines could be used to cover them too.

If they really bother you, why not only deploy them after dark and coil them up at dawn?

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:56 AM   #3

Covering the hoses and pipes isn't something I care that my neighbors do - I'm considering doing it for them because a lot of folks in my RV Park do this. Again, I'm trying to be a good neighbor. It's a very nice RV park and folks really do work hard to keep everything clean and tidy. Our neighbors bought a 4' tall fake ivy covered thingy to block the view of their water softener and pedestal. They also cover their sewer hose with what looks like landscape fabric.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
I'm trying to find a portable screen to block my sewer hose from my neighbor's view. Something 1' - 2' tall and maybe 15' long. A lot of folks in my RV park have custom fitted fabric snapped along the lower edge of their RV that drops to the ground. I don't want to go that far but I'd like to be a good neighbor and at least cover up the sewer/water/cable TV hoses/wires that run along the street side of my RV to make it a bit more tidy.
Does anybody use something like this and if so, where did you get it?
Thanks!
bertschb
How about "silt fence"?

https://resinetbarrierfence.com/stor...FQgaaQodfAcNbQ

BTW are you going to cover up the sewer/water/cable TV hoses/wires coming from the RV parked on your curb side too?
Woodchopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 12:12 PM   #5

I'm not sure how I'd anchor the silt fence so it stood up. The pad is concrete.

I'm not trying to block the view of anything on my neighbor's lots. They don't bother me at all.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:12 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Home Depot sells garden mesh in tan and black. It's a nice looking, tight weaved mesh, and comes in rolls of 18" x 20'. Yo could buy this mesh and use clamps or even close pins to clip it under the edge of your RV.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Xcel-120-...-85T/301024866
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 12:18 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Lots and lots of stuffed animals?

spinroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 12:28 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I wonder how many neighbors have given any thought about seeing these necessary accessories being exposed, I know I never have as long as they are not leaking.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 12:28 PM   #9
tcg

You could get one of these for the end. It would draw their eye away from the hose.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewiepig.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	251.1 KB
ID:	147097  
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 01:00 PM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
LOL

The elusive 'Long Tailed Pig' !
Old 12-20-2016, 01:03 PM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
My first thought was the Sewie Pig.

https://www.amazon.com/E49-Enterpris.../dp/B00J9C5AFU
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 01:35 PM   #12

How about ONLY having sewer hose out and exposed WHEN you dump ....then put it away until next time.

Sewer hose only seen for the time needed to dump then not seen again until next time.

I never leave my hose out and connected unless dumping tanks
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:45 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
How about ONLY having sewer hose out and exposed WHEN you dump ....then put it away until next time.

Sewer hose only seen for the time needed to dump then not seen again until next time.

I never leave my hose out and connected unless dumping tanks
Best idea yet. Why leave the hose out to sit in the sun and weather when you only need to use it once in a while?
Old 12-20-2016, 04:22 PM   #14

The original poster asked a reasonable question, but I have never seen the sort of utilities concealment that he described. The RV park sounds like it caters to long term residents, or maybe seasonal snowbirds? (My list of esthetic and/or operational concerns in RV parks is more basic, and I'm sure others have a list too, but we should stay on topic and not highjack this thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
Covering the hoses and pipes isn't something I care that my neighbors do - I'm considering doing it for them because a lot of folks in my RV Park do this. Again, I'm trying to be a good neighbor. It's a very nice RV park and folks really do work hard to keep everything clean and tidy. Our neighbors bought a 4' tall fake ivy covered thingy to block the view of their water softener and pedestal. They also cover their sewer hose with what looks like landscape fabric.
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scr, water