Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #1

sealand/dometic model SC210 toilet

Seals have failed and bowl will not hold water. Original seals have a black rubber and white teflon seal combination. These seals are no longer available. Replacement seals currently said to work DO NOT. I have bought and tried both available bowl seal kits and the will hold water in bowl but they both weap water on the floor after flushing. They not only do this for me but also the licensed RV Tech I had come on site for help. Ball is clean and not damaged. Sealand says there is no problem with the new seals and dometic acknowledges there is a problem with the new seals. For some reason they have discontinued making the original bowl seal kit with white teflon seal. That kit is the ONLY one that will not weap water onto the floor after a flush. After having the toilet apart 8 times using different combinations I finally am able to hold water in bowl sometimes and not dump water on the floor by combining the blue seal from the new kits with both top and bottom of old seal kit. I have now a 3 piece seal kit until I get help for the correct repair. This allows me to hold water in the bowl long enough to enjoy its intended use. Is there someone out there who can help me? Thanks usmade56@yahoo.com

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmade56 View Post
Seals have failed and bowl will not hold water. Original seals have a black rubber and white teflon seal combination. These seals are no longer available. Replacement seals currently said to work DO NOT. I have bought and tried both available bowl seal kits and the will hold water in bowl but they both weap water on the floor after flushing. They not only do this for me but also the licensed RV Tech I had come on site for help. Ball is clean and not damaged. Sealand says there is no problem with the new seals and dometic acknowledges there is a problem with the new seals. For some reason they have discontinued making the original bowl seal kit with white teflon seal. That kit is the ONLY one that will not weap water onto the floor after a flush. After having the toilet apart 8 times using different combinations I finally am able to hold water in bowl sometimes and not dump water on the floor by combining the blue seal from the new kits with both top and bottom of old seal kit. I have now a 3 piece seal kit until I get help for the correct repair. This allows me to hold water in the bowl long enough to enjoy its intended use. Is there someone out there who can help me? Thanks usmade56@yahoo.com
This is follow up. I have replaced the toilet with a thedford model. I am happy, working as it should.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #3

usmade56,

Do you still have the Thetford part #?

The seal in my 210 is quickly becoming incontinent. I saw that the original seal has been discontinued and was preparing to buy the replacement. Glad I saw your post!

Thanks,
Steve
Old 04-27-2012, 06:00 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Re: 210 bowl draining

For others with problem holding water in bowl. I had slow leak and read manual. Instructions say to let it SNAP back. Once I started sliding foot off pedal, no more slow leak.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSteve View Post
usmade56,

Do you still have the Thetford part #?

The seal in my 210 is quickly becoming incontinent. I saw that the original seal has been discontinued and was preparing to buy the replacement. Glad I saw your post!

Thanks,
Steve
I replaced the sealand toilet with a thetford aqua-majic style ll china bowl pedal flush toilet. My paperwork does not provide a part number. I haven't used it much since installation but I can tell you it has a much more robust flush. The toilet doesn't have the clean up hose and because the flush is so much better, it doesn't need it. The thedford bowl seal kits I have seen in RV stores are much more robust looking than what Sealand offers. My first impression, thetford is a much better unit.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
For others with problem holding water in bowl. I had slow leak and read manual. Instructions say to let it SNAP back. Once I started sliding foot off pedal, no more slow leak.
Very true. My Sealand leaked at the two year mark. I did not replace the seal just cleaned it up and began following instructions to let the valve snap back. Toilet is now 8 years old with original seal. Still holds water fine.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #7

Is the leak being described a leak from the bowl into the black tank or from the bowl onto the floor? Ours slowly leaks from the bowl into the blank tank.

I am considering adding a riser to my Sealand 210, but if adequate floor seals are not available, I may reconsider. And I'm not sure the readily Thetford riser will fit the 210. I see references to the 510, but not to the 210.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:16 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Try lubricating the seal with vasoline. It has worked for me in the past.
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:23 AM   #9
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Not for nothing but this thread is 16 months old. I hope the op fixed it .

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote