Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2006, 07:46 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sears has their 3 gal / 125 PSI compressor on sale for $90.00 this week. This is a good 110 volt unit to take in the RV on trips. It works well inflating the 22.5" tires.
They also have the Automatic Grease Gun on sale for
$29.99, this is $20.00 off-On sale in the Craftsman
Club special. Sale Arpil 1 thru 8.
This grease gun really makes it easy to lube the RV.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2006, 07:46 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sears has their 3 gal / 125 PSI compressor on sale for $90.00 this week. This is a good 110 volt unit to take in the RV on trips. It works well inflating the 22.5" tires.
They also have the Automatic Grease Gun on sale for
$29.99, this is $20.00 off-On sale in the Craftsman
Club special. Sale Arpil 1 thru 8.
This grease gun really makes it easy to lube the RV.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:02 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
rogueii, thanks for letting those of us that could use these know we can save some money.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 02:23 PM   #4

Glad to hear about the sale. My dad was a craftsman die hard.

This brings up a few questions I have about tools. My dh is not a "toolman". He is a chaplain and a thinker. I am more of the tinkerer. I had aquired quite a few tools over the years on an as needed basis. We lost all of them in Katrina. We are starting over. We now have a cheap electric screwdriver, a manual philips head and flat head screwdriver, a pair of pliers, a hammer, a small socket set, a rubber mallet, and a small adjustable wrench. Oh, and I just bought a pair of groove joint pliers. Most of those items were because they were in a crate in the back of the van. I know I want to replace my dremel tool for sure. I loved it. I am not a too big of a tinkerer, but am the fixer of broken things around here. I bought the groove joint pliers because we need them for the camper (neither of us can seem to get the hose screwed on tight enough).

OK, now for the actual questions. What tools would you recommend that we keep in the popup and what other things should we need for the house? I can't remember for the life of me what I had, I bought them as I needed them, but would like to have stuff on hand so I don't have to run to the store everytime something comes up.

I know I want a drill that can also be used as a screwdriver and that is cordless. I don't need much power. What should I look for? I used my dremel tool for most of the drilling I needed (I said LIGHT duty). ds and I plan on building 2 loft beds this summer for the 2 boys' room. I will need more than my trusty dremel tool. I am also looking for a saw (maybe a jigsaw) to cut the lumber with. I don't want to spend a fortune though, but hope ds will become interested and follow in my dad's footsteps.

HELP!!! I am totally confused.

mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 06:02 PM   #5

This isn't at Sears, as I can't get there, but WalMart has a cordless drill/driver by B & D 7v. lightweight for about $19.00. Sounds like you would need something bigger than a jigsaw for bunk building, maybe a small circular saw, though maybe a jigsaw would do it.

Don't Drink and Drive, EVER!!
LakeConroePenny,TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 05:19 AM   #6

Thanks 53 clipper. I am going to WM today and will look for it. It sounds like just what I need. I don't really want a circular saw. The wood for the loft bed is just deck planks I think. They are not big boards. Like 2x4s or such. A circular saw seems so big. My dad had one and I was always scared of it (That and the lathe and the planer.) He had a big craftsman circular saw on a table of some sort that you pulled down from above or something (it has been a long time). His workshop was so huge. He taught me how to use the jigsaw (maybe it was a skill saw, what is the difference), for my 4H projects. I am also not too strong of a person, so wonder if I could handle a circular saw. Is there any other saw (not a hand saw of course) that would work?

And I am still wondering what tools to keep in the popup.

Old 04-03-2006, 05:34 AM   #7

Jayco Owners Club
Powered Handsaw
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 05:59 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mammaloya:

Sears has good tools, but they can be pricey, if not on sale.
Look at Lowes and Home Depot and Walmart. They have many tools on sale--compare prices.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:26 PM   #9

I went into WM to look for the drill that 53clipper mentioned. I almost got it, but then I saw a B&D set with a drill (9v), a jigsaw, and a sander for like $59. I am going to get that. All of them were cordless. DS wanted a sander to make sure he did not get any splinters from his loft bed. That is all of the tools we would need exactly. I am so glad 53clipper sent me to WM. Thanks so much.