Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Seasonal campers

I was just wondering. Why does the forum not have a section for our fellow campers who have decided to use a seasonal lot, rather than traveling? They make up a large segment of our RV community. Has there ever been a consideration of starting one.

I spoke to a friend today and the subject of our RV's came up. During our discussion I mentioned iRV2 to him and his comment was that as a seasonal the Forum was not geared to him in many ways. He registered, but found that other than repair and technical subjects he felt left out as a member.

IMOP this would be a great addition. Then again there may be a good reason for not having a section geared to that community.

Anyway just a thought.

I PLAN TO LIVE FOREVER. IT'S WORKING SO FAR.
Akibase is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to JJH3rd
How about a group under Community titled "Seasonal Campers". I for one would like to know what is good, bad and going on in the world of seasonal campers.

JJ
JJH3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #3

I agree - seems that seasonal (aka snowbirds) who spend 3 to 5 months in their rigs should have an area. I forget how many million of RV'ers fit as seasonal.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #4

I am one of those that sit in one spot for long periods of time so I suppose I could be called a "seasonable" camper.

However, I see no need for a separate area, the questions, answers, and conversations would not be different than anywhere else so IMHO, a new area for this is just a "what about me" thing.

Ed
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to JJH3rd
When I select "Community" from the top menu the following selection are "Owners and Random" (in addition to "groups") if I select "Campgrounds" I get a list of campgrounds and reviews.

So If I wanted to ask about long-time rental in a campground or post a question or other statement, I'd have to use the general forum, which adds to the noise in that forum. Just Like the forums for MHs & Trailers etc and manufacturers gives me a place to post questions that will likely get responses, a group focused on seasonal & Long-term camping would provide a similar service.

Just saying
JJH3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:05 AM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to BlauMax
I think one of the issues the Admin's have is dilution. There are currently so many different forums that one would have to read all to get maximum benefit.

For instance. If I have a Monaco MH with a refrig problem and I happen to own a Hitchhiker 5er.. and the original poster asks the question under Monaco forum rather than the Appliance forum.. only a few select people benefit.

That same reasoning can apply across this whole forum. Just my 2¢
Old 04-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #7

Seasonal is just staying in 1 place longer.
iRV2 seems to have enough forums to fit that need already, me thinks.
Does "Seasonal" have issues/questions that are unique?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Seasonal Campers

I believe that there are specific problems and issues in reference to being in a long term seasonal park. If a person has a technical issue with stove, fridge, or other systems, they would not look for this information in the seasonal forum.
Again I feel that this would be a good addition to the forums.

I PLAN TO LIVE FOREVER. IT'S WORKING SO FAR.
Akibase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #9

I'm guessing that iRV2 would need to know what issues seasonal camping may have that cannot be effectively addressed with existing forums, before they would add another one.
Just guessing.
Are there specific issues?

Just sayin....
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #10
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Seasonal camping issues would be discussed in the iRV2 General Discussion forum.

We have no plans to add additional forums at this time.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Most campgrounds I have seen with what they call Seasonal lots.
Is the use date is usually from Memorial to Labor day weekend.
And seasonal owners only come to use the RV sitting on a site on the weekends and 1 or 2 weeks during their vacation time from work.
Not Full time use.

That is different then what others have posted about seasonal??
Where is the Full Timers forum? Probably be more questions from them then seasonal weekenders.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:21 PM   #12

I also had a similar thought / question that I would like to know more about places where I can live full time in a camper trailer for a longer period of time (at least 3 months in one place), as well as any issues to be aware of around that.
Cyborland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:58 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborland View Post
I also had a similar thought / question that I would like to know more about places where I can live full time in a camper trailer for a longer period of time (at least 3 months in one place), as well as any issues to be aware of around that.
Almost every campground except State Parks, National Parks etc campgrounds have long term sites.

Just ask at where ever you want to stay at for their monthly or long term rate. In winter warm area campgrounds, most have cheaper rates when staying 3-4-5 or 6 months and you pay ahead of time.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #14

Thanks so much! This is very helpful info. I had assumed since the State Parks were that way that the others were also, so I appreciate you clarifying this! This makes the options much more open now, thanks!
Cyborland is offline   Reply With Quote