Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2016, 10:45 AM   #1

Secrets to Reserve America

Any ideas / suggestions on getting sites on Reserve America , seems you can log in on the first hour of the first day of a new year and all sites are taken at all
Campgrounds !

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2016, 04:49 PM   #2

What state, or area?

I have used them several times this year. at several campgrounds in Ohio.. no problem..
just 2 weeks ago for a weekend..

have you cleared you computer buffer/internet program... "Cookies"....

Chuck_Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 04:55 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00DAME View Post
Any ideas / suggestions on getting sites on Reserve America , seems you can log in on the first hour of the first day of a new year and all sites are taken at all
Campgrounds !
Depending of the campground, some do not take reservations from Oct to April. and it will default as no sites available.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:11 PM   #4

FWIW along with showing sites not available because the campground is closed I also think some states have different starting periods for reservations.

We use RA for mid week trips in NY to work around the weekenders. You may find that a lot of places are booked Friday & Saturday night but open the rest of the week. I have been known to look at 2 or 3 night slots then stack two. I need to move to dump by then anyway.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:21 AM   #5

Connecticut also Rhode Island. I get thru on different computers but all booked .
Old 09-18-2016, 08:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00DAME View Post
Campgrounds !
We use Reserve America a lot. And there is a little secret to booking if you're trying for a popular CG or a holiday weekend.
As stated, different states may have different policies. However, most are quite similar. Here is the policy for Utah regarding reservation timing: "Individual campsites are available for reservation on a four-month rolling basis. For example, on January 10 individual sites are available for reservation through May 10. Length of stay generally is limited to 14 days within any 30-day period."
So here's the secret. Let's say May 10 is a favorite holiday and the campground you want is the most popular in the state and you want to stay 5 days through the 14th. According to the policy Jan 10 is the first day you can reserve for May 10. But! if you login on 5th and reserve from the 5th through the 14th you'll have a better chance getting your spot since most other folks are waiting for the 10th. Later, once the reservation is confirmed, you can change the reservation to the start date you really wanted (small change fee will apply). That's why when you log in on the first hour of the first day no sites are available. Also, some parks will hold out a certain number of sites for "walk up" campers and these will also show as unavailable for reservations.
Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_1547.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	393.1 KB
ID:	139270  
5D Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 10:14 AM   #7

From mid-Sept thru April some public parks stop taking reservations even though they are still open. On the reservation site all the sites will be marked as not available even though you can still drive up and stay.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:35 PM   #8

Yes, things may book within the first hour of availability. Sometimes in the first minute. The most popular are gone in a second....the State parks in the Keys at peak season, for example....picture loads of people posed to click at precisely 8 am on 11 months before. I was one of those people many mornings trying to get winter sites in Keys, and despite my efforts I never scored on opening day (I did pick up some cancellations later).
So try sooner in that first hour. Beyond that, if anybody has tips, I'd be happy to hear them, along with the op.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:46 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Fleetwood Discovery 2015

I refuse to pay fees, Reserve America fees are excessive. Except for weekends, we do walk ups or call the day the day we want to visit. Rarely do we NOT get in. Once I tried booking 4 different parks with RA and they wanted about $45! In a year it could be hundreds.
On weekends we park on Thursday or Fri waiting it out.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:11 PM   #10

in Ohio, using Reserve America.. and having a Golden Buckeye card. if you live in Ohio and over 62.. you get a discount more than RA fees.

and weekdays and weekends has nothing to do with it.

in several states.. you pay the RA fee, even if you walk up.. its in the daily fee.

Chuck_Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote