Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2014, 02:48 PM   #15

Evergreen Owners Club
Only thing that I lock up is the Dish Network Tailgater. Cable it to what ever is close by. Anything else they can have if it's that important to the thieves. Never have had a problem.

mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #16

Sorry I don't have a pic but I have a piece of coated 1/8" cable 30' long that I have coiled up in one of my bays. One end is bolted inside the bay. Depending on where we are and for how long, I run the cable out and through all of our stuff like BBQ, chairs, tables etc and then install a padlock at the end. Bay door closed and locked.
I have a loop on the end that I crimped to facilitate the lock.
I suppose it would just take a good bolt cutter to chop it but then locks are only for honest people.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:09 PM   #17
Alaskan Member

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
In 20 years of camping the only thing we ever lost was a clean empty cooler that we use to keep fish in and it was a four leg critter (black bear) that took it.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:12 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikermike View Post
In 20 years of camping the only thing we ever lost was a clean empty cooler that we use to keep fish in and it was a four leg critter (black bear) that took it.
Don't know about you but I think I would rather the bear take the cooler than to have it locked to the RV and the bear trying to do what bears do with coolers! Lol.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:21 PM   #19

Wow, very trusting.....the New Yorker in me is sayin cmon. I like the long cable thingy. Anything else?
Old 03-18-2014, 07:24 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfix View Post
Wow, very trusting.....the New Yorker in me is sayin cmon. I like the long cable thingy. Anything else?
Yo. I'm from The Bronx and agree.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:48 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
Sorry I don't have a pic but I have a piece of coated 1/8" cable 30' long that I have coiled up in one of my bays. One end is bolted inside the bay. Depending on where we are and for how long, I run the cable out and through all of our stuff like BBQ, chairs, tables etc and then install a padlock at the end. Bay door closed and locked.
I have a loop on the end that I crimped to facilitate the lock.
I suppose it would just take a good bolt cutter to chop it but then locks are only for honest people.
I likey.....Do you have a key or combo lock? Anything to elaborate on?
Old 03-18-2014, 07:56 PM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
I left the kids out but always find extra ones don't understand it at all
aschuh53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:01 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
...I don't have a pic but I have a piece of coated 1/8" cable 30' long that I have coiled up in one of my bays. One end is bolted inside the bay. Depending on where we are and for how long, I run the cable out and through all of our stuff like BBQ, chairs, tables etc and then install a padlock at the end. Bay door closed and locked. I have a loop on the end that I crimped to facilitate the lock...
dennis45: This sounds like a great idea! We leave bikes out but sometimes have to find a tree/pump/fence to lock them to. Kayaks stay on the TJ. A long cable would make it easier for both things! Thanks! \ken
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:26 PM   #24

If a real thief wants your stuff, he will bring what he needs to overcome your efforts to secure it.
I have only lost one thing, a pair of muli-colored suspenders for my tool belt, in many years of camping. I lock my bay doors to keep the honest people honest. If they want what is outside, my God bless them because maybe they need it more than I do.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:47 PM   #25

Camping since I arrived on this orb.
Never lost nuthin.
Its a "camper" thing. Relax!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:53 PM   #26

In over 40 years I've had one thing stolen. my cooler sitting under the RV. It was full of beer, some steaks, hamburger,etc. When the cops found the cooler two teenage boys were sitting beside it drinking the beer. They had thrown the meat over in the bushes.
This CG was a city park beside their rodeo arena. The cooler disappeared while we attended the night event, along with almost everyone else in the CG.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:09 PM   #27

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Yo. I'm from The Bronx and agree.
I never lock up anything except when I am in NY, especially in the Bronx..... LOL
Old 03-18-2014, 09:13 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
I never lock up anything except when I am in NY, especially in the Bronx..... LOL
Where do you camp in the Bronx?
Must be a Walmart there. ;-)

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote