Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-04-2014, 05:49 PM   #15
Few more thoughts. Sorry the first ones may be unclear. You are stating your wanting two chairs and desk. The setup in my rv is that but it is 80" x 32" so we know that it is possible. What I ment that making the table/desk in the center down the 5" to make fit.
The platform looks hollow, so the wires could be relocated to take care of that issue. Have you taken the cover off to see the slide drive. Since there was a couch there they may have just made the cover that way not thinking of a lower profile. It is possible that the cover could be made lower or rounded to like a hump and leveling out the platform may not be needed. Carpeting over it could be doable or it could be used as a foot rest for the non reclining chair. You may have to take the top layer of the platform off to install some bracing because the couch was mounted on bracing and mounting the chairs may need some type to support for bolting.
My pullout table was part of my rv, with your rv the wall is straight where mine is curved. Recreating the unit with the pullout table and the pop up flat tv would be simple.
Chairs can be re upholstered to ones thoughts.
Sorry sometimes my mind works too much on improvements to items, I have two rv both elandans one is 1985 model that I had for past few years that I have working on, motor, transmission installing vortex 454 with 4l80e. And then other odds and ends. But just got the 89 model that PO took off parts to fix his, this one is in better shape and more items that I have been looking for. So now I am going to move some of the parts off the 85 to the 89. Project never stop.
Still like to chat to bounce ideas one projects.
Ps...understand on posting on something other than my computer, used wife's iPad and had long reply just to find out the lost connection after I sent and lost it all.

cook elandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!