Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2014, 12:31 AM   #29

I agree with all of the above. More pictures really tell the story of your coach. You'll notice most listings on RV Trader or RVT.com have 20+ photos. Price wisely. A 2013 32CA w/5k miles just sold here for $87,500.00 - in one week on Craigslist.

Camping for most of America is wrapping up - and focus will shift to holidays and winter weather. Having sold 3 RVs - you can expect a good coach (priced right) to sell in 2-6 months. We all have quirks, must haves etc. - one family wants booth dinette seating, another family will want chair and bunk beds. At the end of the day (dealers say....) price makes the phone ring.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2014, 08:17 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSP1268 View Post
As far as the price we are asking goes, it is negotiable. Will we take less, you bet, but within reason.
Our family has always been vehicle junkies. Dozens and dozens of cars, motorcycles, boats and two planes. Buy on a whim, sell on a whim.

How to come to an asking price? We just looked at the "trader.com" site for whatever it was we were selling, found the three that were closest to what we had, and priced ours at the lowest price of those three. ..."OBO" was always in the ad, too.

Pricing in the middle of the pack would never have got my attention when I was buying. Looking at the lower prices generally meant that the seller really was interested in selling. Looking at higher priced units meant what? that it was a divorce or something where the guy needed to sell, but didn't want to sell?

P.S. some vehicles have few counterparts, so occasionally I'd correspond with one of the higher-priced sellers. Almost to the man, it seemed that they were quite proud of their items, and not inclined to discuss terms that were within reason (meaning, closer to the lower end of the price points). Don't be too proud of what you want to get rid of, because buyers sense that very quickly.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:00 AM   #31

First I would like to thank everyone here that gave us some great suggestions. Especially "mojoracing" who apparently is a dealer and gave away some of his secrets. He also got me to thinking that I know a retired RV dealer that lives in our community and I went and talked with him at length. Gave us a lot of good pointers.

First thing we did was change some of the photo's on the classified on this site.

Next we lowered the price from $95,000.00 to a more realistic price of $89,900.00 That price will still include the tow dolly and if it is not needed or wanted we will adjust the price accordingly.

Then we posted the coach on RV Trader.

Now we are going to wait and see what happens. We looked into Craigs List and E-Bay, but would like to avoid them if we can.

Again, thanks everyone for heading us in the right direction.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:34 AM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Always happy to help. I wonder if there is a little saint statue you could flush down the rv toilet upside down to help sell it a bit faster! LOL I hope you guys know what Im talking about and not reading this with a puzzled look on your face!
Old 09-11-2014, 07:19 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
Always happy to help. I wonder if there is a little saint statue you could flush down the rv toilet upside down to help sell it a bit faster! LOL I hope you guys know what Im talking about and not reading this with a puzzled look on your face!
We know exactly what you are talking about. It is a thought if worse comes to worse.
We would like to see the coach sold before the end of the year. It's not a real big deal, but that is when the storage fees are due, insurance etc. I'm sure it well sell once someone looks at it. It's pretty much spotless and is ready to go, full tank of gas and all.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:14 AM   #34

I thought about the little statue thing to help us sell ours. Instead, on the advice of the gal we bought our Ventana from, I created a "Dream Board" and posted a pic of our old coach with a SOLD sign across it on my board.

It sold about 2 weeks later!

Pics make a huge difference on the ad but no matter how many pics you have, someone will want to see more. I took many many more pics than I had in the ad and sent requested pics to interested parties.

I hope yours sells quickly now!
traveling in a 2011 Ventana 3433!
Old 09-14-2014, 04:12 PM   #35

As you all know, there's always somebody in the crowd that doesn't get the joke. I guess it's my turn standing in the corner about that saint statue....

Anybody care to give me a hint?
Old 09-14-2014, 04:28 PM   #36

Bama...many people have those lil saint statues around the house to give them 'good luck'. This has nothing to do with your accent.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:37 AM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bama, there is a tradition that if you bury a little statue of this certain saint (can't remember which one), upside down in your yard that you will sell your sticks and brick home quickly. So my joke was to flush one down the RV toilet. They even sell these little statues at Ace hardware! The myth is pretty popular and I have seen a few uncanny coincidences.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:41 AM   #38

As a bit of an update we have had a couple of more inquires, but no one has came to look at it so far. Never know though, someone may come along unexpectedly. I suppose this time of the year is not the best either because it is getting close to the holidays. Sure would make someone a good Christmas present!

Financing should not be to much of a problem as I see Essex has financing at 4.5% for up to 20 years on a used motor home. Of course one has to qualify.

We are still hanging in there though.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:48 AM   #39

RV and boat owners of fairly new units often want to recoup most of their investment, and the first 3 years are brutal, depreciation-wise.

While Buyer Motivation is key, so are financing constraints, and the free market. From what I see, there are six for sale of same make/model/year from $79995 to $99500. If yours is second highest price-wise, a buyer can't justify spending $95,000 if he can get one around $70,000 (asking, less bargaining)

Also, banks and CUs often use NADA in order to determine what they can loan on a vehicle. If asking price is far above NADA, then a buyer would have to come up with a whole lot more DP than he would with either a new one or the one asking $79,995.

Not trying to beat you up, but you seem to be genuinely interested in selling your unit, and there's a few reasons why people might not be beating a path to your door. Price it in the mid to low $80s, and lookers might show up.

Best of luck either way.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:03 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
Bama, there is a tradition that if you bury a little statue of this certain saint (can't remember which one), upside down in your yard that you will sell your sticks and brick home quickly. So my joke was to flush one down the RV toilet. They even sell these little statues at Ace hardware! The myth is pretty popular and I have seen a few uncanny coincidences.
St. Joseph
Old 09-26-2014, 07:26 AM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSP1268 View Post
As a bit of an update we have had a couple of more inquires, but no one has came to look at it so far. Never know though, someone may come along unexpectedly. I suppose this time of the year is not the best either because it is getting close to the holidays. Sure would make someone a good Christmas present!

Financing should not be to much of a problem as I see Essex has financing at 4.5% for up to 20 years on a used motor home. Of course one has to qualify.

We are still hanging in there though.
I hate to say this, but it comes from experience selling several MH's. If people are not coming to look at it....it is over priced. This has been a recorded improvement year for RV sales. The time of the year is perfect....many snowbirds are looking for units to head south for the winter, one of the busiest times for RV sales. If the MH is already here to spend the winter in....even better.

I had 15 people the first week I put my MH up for sale come look at it and sold it the first week. It was priced at retail NADA without adding the extras twice for my model and sold for full asking price because of condition and two buyers wanting it at the same time.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:13 AM   #42

Well after some more consideration we have decided to lower our price again. If anyone wants to look at the classified ad it is on IRV2 at 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 32 BA (MUST SEE) - RV & Motorhome Classifieds

Closed Thread