Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-20-2013, 06:08 AM   #15
My opinion, CW had a shakey deal that fell through when it came time to deliver on one of their salesmen's complete BS stories. Had nothing to do with the funds - more like the buyers reluctance to hand them over.

1997 37' HR Endeavor, 275hp Cat, Freightliner
03 CR-V Blue Ox, Ready Brake
ahicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2013, 08:26 AM   #16
Bought our last coach out of state. As said above, we used a bank to bank transfer. The best way to go for both parties bar none.

06 TS-42-DS04
1040 watts of solar
2014 Jeep Rubicon
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #17
As a buyer, wouldn't wait several days for money to clear someone's bank, I want a same day transaction. There are so many used units out there I could find another that I like so I don't have to deal with that inconvenience. Trust goes both ways. Buyer wasn't being unreasonable.
bartlettj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Originally Posted by bartlettj View Post
As a buyer, wouldn't wait several days for money to clear someone's bank, I want a same day transaction. There are so many used units out there I could find another that I like so I don't have to deal with that inconvenience. Trust goes both ways. Buyer wasn't being unreasonable.
Not sure I follow the reasoning that the buyer wasn't being reasonable.

I'm in the camp that wants to know I have the funds transferred before letting them drive off in my coach. Either wire transfer or CW issues the check. I'm not sure trust enters the equation with me on something like this.

Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #19

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It is difficult to believe a buyer would walk on a deal if it was a reputable dealer. However; unless the issue was discussed up front and made a part of the initial conditions disclosed to the buyer, that possession takes place upon verification of funds received by the seller's bank (which IS unusual), then as the buyer, if someone told me that after I made the deal, I would be hot about it, but probably wouldn't throw my hands up in disgust and say no, I'd wait for the wire to hit the seller's bank, take delivery of the coach, and go down the road.

For instance: My loan funded and was wired to the dealer 4 days before I took delivery on my motorhome. Talk about a possible sham, what if it had been a dealer sham? I'd have been SOL. In a utopic world, the money would be wired same day as possession, like closing on a house, but that doesn't always happen.

There has to be some form of trust, otherwise you'd be carrying and counting out the cash to the seller, and who knows, if you are the seller, it could be counterfeit! There is no end to it.

It's like the Star Trek Next Gen Episode where Admiral Satee comes in and accuses Picard of conspiring with the Borg. Psychosis sets in and paranoia and conspiracy theories make us all crazy.

Anyway, I hold for the buyer, and I hold for the seller, there are points on both sides of that deal that are relevant.
Kent - '03 Fleetwood Storm Ford F-53 V-10
With Susie (Lhasa); Angie (Shorkie) Ferbie (ShihTzu)
In Memoriam: Katie, Spencer and Zoey
Lincolnboy2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #20

MISS the thrill and adventure in driving all over North America searching for the "buyer" who paid you for your $200K MH with a worthless piece of paper...?
John Day....|'88 Winnebago Super Chief 27ft. Class A
Eastern .....|'88 KIT model 240 24 ft. 5er
Oregon ......|'02 Dodge/Cummins 2500 Quad Cab
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #21
Personally I wouldn't surrender title & possession until funds cleared my bank....there are also lots of qualified buyers out there for a clean premium "well priced" RV.

BTW if someone drives off in your MH using a bogus cheque....not that it does you much good...but is this not a felony offense (grand theft auto). Does your MH insurance (theft) not cover you under these circumstances ( assuming you call the police & report)?
Jack & Maggie
04-Rexhall Roseair (37)
Cummins ISC / Spartan
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #22
Well people... let me tell you my story. When my wife and I were shopping for our motorhome last May, I found an interesting one about 200 miles away. After a few phone calls my wife and I decided to have a look. We happen to be close friends with our "Bankers", so we called them and asked if they'd like to ride along (they drive a class A, too). They suggested I call and ask if the motorhome people (private party) would take a personal check (due to the drive distance) if they verified my bank fund status to them....if we decided to buy the rig. I called and suprisingly they said... "no problem". To make a long story short....200 miles one way, liked the motorhome (07 Georgetown 349T w/6,000 miles), wrote out a 50k check and they signed the title right then and there. So people, there are still some trusting people out there in this world. But with that being said....would I do that......not a chance.

Mnflyboy is online now   Reply With Quote