Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2019, 04:39 AM   #29

I bought my RV financed through USAA. I arranged to have USAA wire the funds from my account to the sellers account. I can't remember all the details but USAA walked me through the process.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2019, 06:58 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
Not so, grasshopper. Many old coots like me can't hear well, or have a hard time with accents or mumble-mouth talkers. For us, email or text are the only ways we have to communicate.

What is wrong with text, BTW?
X2 i hate talking on the phone , I prefer email cant type on a phone too well.
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:21 AM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
I knew a guy who sold lots of used cars. A couple of things I learned; there were never two sets of keys to pass along, just one. ( he had the second set and could always go get the car if things went south). Never let the buyer leave with the title, he would mail it to them once everything clear. He also threw all manuals and documents in the trash before the buyer got there. And was as dumb as a rock about how things worked.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:29 AM   #32

I did end up listing on CL and that brings me to another question, I have a email that has my address at "TO: 12ea1a5a" (has more letters and numbers in the address) then the sender says he is having trouble with the mail going through CL and ask me to e-mail him at his address. to me it sounds like the start of a scam, but since I'm pretty new to CL I really don't know. So, scam or legit?
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:52 AM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
You got the message. Correct?
Sounds like scam to me. I stick with CL for the email communication.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:07 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippytwo View Post
I did end up listing on CL and that brings me to another question, I have a email that has my address at "TO: 12ea1a5a" (has more letters and numbers in the address) then the sender says he is having trouble with the mail going through CL and ask me to e-mail him at his address. to me it sounds like the start of a scam, but since I'm pretty new to CL I really don't know. So, scam or legit?
most of the scammers want your email address or your phone number ( they sell them ) then look out!
Mojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:11 AM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I'd only communicate through Craigslist until you are pretty sure you have a serious buyer.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:34 AM   #36

Quote:
Well, I posted my ad on CL yesterday. I didn’t have to pay a fee. So far 1 dealer called and 1 other guy called that may be promising. He is new to RVing and had a lot of questions, says he’s still in his research faze. But I do have a question for you all. He did mention that he would probably go thru USAA for financing. How would that work if he decides he wants my MH? Would USAA do the direct wire transfer to my account or send a certified check? If they send a check I guess I would have to have my bank verify that is a legit check or have the buyer wait till the check clears (can be up to 7 days).
We bought our current RV from a private seller and financed through USAA. It's really easy. We got pre-approved from USAA up to an amount that worked for us. We then went looking. When we found our RV, we have the guy a deposit. Then we immediately contacted USAA and worked out the last of the paperwork. They sent a cashiers check overnight via FedEx. We brought him the cashiers check, signed the bill of sale and we were done. USAA will send you details of the process. And they are great at answering a lot of questions over the phone.
CyrusL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:13 PM   #37

Quote:
I vote scam as he was able to contact you.
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sell