Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have no idea what the success rate is on eBay but that is yet another avenue. There are plenty of them there and you can determine the amount of time you want to have it listed. I like Craigslist as it does have a very large following. I had an older class C that I sold earlier this winter. I got what I was asking for it so I was happy with the results. It's a matter of the right buyer catching your ad at the right time.

There is also a national search engine available for Craigslist and most people who are serious buyers will know about the search engine so the chances of finding a serious buyer are not real bad. If you're creative enough you can post it in several states anyway. You just have to change up the pics and wording. I'll assume that a 2008 is gonna be in the $30K plus range so make sure you do some real good pics. I know when I look if there are no pictures or lousy pictures I just skip it. If you aren't proud of what you're selling, I'm not going to be very excited about it.

Good Luck

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #16

@AU MAU: During our conversation, I sorta asked him 'off the cuff'...if I was going to get a 'commission' or a one-time 'finders fee'...his reply..."What works for you?"...I went along and said "How about 2% of the sell price?...w/out even hesitating, he said 'OK!'...!

So, as of right now, I'm not worried about our relationship...and seeing as he lives in Indiana and I live in Washington...if things do go south, I'm sure by the time I see him again, we'll have both forgotten about it! LOL!

@Steve N Sal: Thanks for the reference regarding themotorhomebrokers.com! I'll check it out as a last-ditch effort if I can't get him (Step-Father) enough interested buyers on my own! ;-)

@LSC9901: As a marketer myself, I'm all to familiar with how Craigslist works and had already setup a plan of action to post in nearby states using an alternate pc/location, seeing as one can't post too many links from 1-IP address without the "ad" getting ghosted! ;-)

And for the record, the coach in question is a 2008 Winnebago Class A DP...so definitely a little higher than $30K! :-)

RogueRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Selling your motorhome, what's the best way.

RogueRver.
Can you give us more information on the RV? Maybe there is a proper place for classifieds here, I don;t know.
I am in the market for another Rv.

Thanks
Mark
camperme2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #18

Step-Father’s RV is now SOLD!

And I didn’t even lift a finger!

So, here's the low-down on how my step-dad got his 08' Winnebago sold!

Earlier today, I received a call from my step-father and he told me that he sold his Winnebago!

After the shock wore off, I asked how he managed that without even advertising it anywhere?

Come to find out, while he was his way back from Kentucky, where he went to go visit family/friends, he stopped to get a bite to eat (IHOP or Denny’s…can’t remember) and as he was on his way out back to the MH, he noticed a couple (with child) looking over his rig and pointing at a few things.

Being the outgoing and nice guy he is, he asked the couple if there was anything he could help them with and they merely replied that they were looking for a coach themselves and had noticed the ‘for sale’ sign in his window and started looking it over.

Step-dad offered them a view of the inside and what he thought was going to be a quick ordeal, actually turned into a 30-minute conversation, which itself then turned into a ‘sale’.

Apparently once inside, the couple really fell in love w/the interior, floor plan and everything else and after a few general questions, asked my step-dad how much he was looking to get for the Motorhome. Step-dad mentioned the price he was asking but did say that the price was ‘negotiable’…

They asked my step-dad for his phone number and told him they’d get in touch. Come to find out, they were also from Indiana and only lived about 45 miles from where my step-dad lives.

About a day or so later, when my step-dad had all but forgotten about that chance meeting, his phone rang and sure enough, it was the couple calling!

They asked if he had plans and if not, if they could drive over for a test-drive…just under an hour later they were knocking on his front door…and apparently they fell even further in love w/the coach once the test drive was over…so much so, that the next day they came back w/a cashiers check in hand and the sell is now final…and I didn’t even need to lift a finger…but at the same time, I also made nothing!

And here I had my eyes set on getting a new iPad3!

RogueRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #19

Now THAT was a good thread and a heckuva tale, thanks! Sandy n John
Mysticcherok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome