Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2018, 02:51 PM   #15

When I bought my Senior Pass in person last month, the ranger told me online pass orders were taking 17-20 weeks to process and they were getting a lot of walk-in sales because of it. He did say parks would accept online pass receipts for park entrance fees, but not reservations. I used the pass to make online reservations the next day and it worked fine.
StephenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2018, 05:41 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
i ordered last july and mine took 4 1/2 months.
Radacravitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:09 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Ordered in Dec 2017 and it came in bout 4-6 weeks.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:46 PM   #18

Thanks all for the feedback and info.

Here's the info I've been given and my (lack of) progress:

My original web search led me to the U.S. Geological Survey site and I thought that I had purchased my pass from them, the email receipt had their contact info on it BUT because of the August price increase they became backlogged and outsourced everything to someone called 'yourpassnow". I've been bounced back and forth between the 2 of them with conflicting info. Apparently after taking my money, yourpassnow sends my info to another company for "fulfillment" and that takes 2 - 6 weeks (which has passed). Seems that all I can do is wait or dispute my credit card charge and drive somewhere to purchase it in person. Of course, the closest park to me is almost an hour away, only sells passes Monday - Friday when I work and might not be open until Memorial Day weekend.

Government at it's finest? I'm going to wait a few days at this point and hope the campsite I want doesn't sell out. Worst case, I'll have to pay full price and/or move my trip to a later date. Arrgghh!
Old 02-06-2018, 01:50 PM   #19

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
There is bound to be a COE office near where you live in CT. Call them, ask if they sell onsite. Should be able to do it without much travel or any delay.
BuzzWolfAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:37 PM   #20

I bought two of the $10 passes before the price increase so I would have a spare in case I lost one. In both cases, I got them over the counter at National Forest offices so no waiting.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:48 PM   #21

OP doesn't care where everyone else bought theirs, he just wants to get an idea how long his may take.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:42 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzWolfAR View Post
There is bound to be a COE office near where you live in CT. Call them, ask if they sell onsite. Should be able to do it without much travel or any delay.
Closest one is 45 minutes away and only sells passes Monday to Friday while I'm at work.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:03 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I got my Golden Access Pass around 1988 or so, luckily I still have it even though it's getting dog eared by now.
I carry mine in my wallet, and it cracked, almost broke into two pieces after 10 years. I went into the Rangers office at Death Valley a couple of years ago and they gave me a new one. That one is starting to crack also.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:57 PM   #24

It took almost 5 mo for mine at about 3 1/2 mo I called and wanted to know where it was the lady said that because of the $20 mail in app was before the increase and the extreme number of people that had applied it caused a backlog but said that It be processed in the order it was recieved.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:11 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken-55 View Post
Thanks all for the feedback and info.

Government at it's finest? I'm going to wait a few days at this point and hope the campsite I want doesn't sell out. Worst case, I'll have to pay full price and/or move my trip to a later date. Arrgghh!
Yeah, you should go ahead and make your reservations (for full price) but just pay for one night. When it comes time to go camping, you can register and pay for the rest of your nights, and hopefully you'll have your pass by then.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:12 PM   #26

Thanks for the info so far. Here's where it stands . . . at USGS's suggestion, I called yourpassnow again (and no, the irony of the "now" in their name hasn't escaped me) on Friday, 2/9. They agreed that I should have received my pass and offered to send me "another" one which would take 2 - 6 more weeks. I then asked to speak to a supervisor who thought that was a generous offer but when I pressed for something better said that she may be able to expedite my order by getting me put on a special list. She promised to email me with progress. We'll see, I'm not optimistic.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:12 PM   #27

I ordered one for DW back in August before the price increase, I waited until November and then sent them a email asking where it was at. The reply was that they sent a lot of them out but must have gotten lost in the mail (check is in the mail)so they would send another one. Then got it about 3 weeks later. I already had one so no need to panic, just wanted DW to have her own in case we visit a park or anyplace that charges an entrance fee we can take two vehicles with relatives or friends, her in one and me in another. I should have just drove 30 miles to the COE district HQ and got one on site but I was lazy.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:16 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT4Wextra View Post
I ordered one for DW back in August before the price increase, I waited until November and then sent them a email asking where it was at. The reply was that they sent a lot of them out but must have gotten lost in the mail (check is in the mail)so they would send another one. Then got it about 3 weeks later. I already had one so no need to panic, just wanted DW to have her own in case we visit a park or anyplace that charges an entrance fee we can take two vehicles with relatives or friends, her in one and me in another.
For a company doing business with/for the government, an large amount of their product gets "lost in the mail". I call B.S., for a card with a value of $80, why don't they track delivery? Who eats the loss on the cards that never make it?