Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2018, 08:45 AM   #1

Senior pass delay?

Soooo, I didn't turn 62 until after the America the Beautiful lifetime senior pass price increase but I went ahead and purchased it at the new $80 plus $10 processing fee a little over 7 weeks ago. I kind of forgot about it but went to make a reservation today and it asked for my pass number.

Anyone know how long they take to process orders? I have my confirmation email but that number doesn't work and of course, they don't answer phones on the weekend and maybe not for a while if the government shuts down again???
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2018, 08:59 AM   #2

We picked up my Wife's pass over the counter at our local Forest Service office; for mine, we were in Grand Teton NP on my 62nd b'day, I bought it over the counter at the 'backcountry permit' window at the visitor center. Wonder if you bought the non-senior yearly pass, as I had to produce my driver's license to prove my age. We bought ours years ago when they were $10. What a deal! Now if state and local parks would do reciprocity!
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:12 AM   #3

From my confirmation email:

"Thank you for purchasing a Lifetime Senior Pass. Your pass was purchased on 12/12/2017 and will appear on your credit card statement as Senior Pass in the amount of $90."

The only "advice" I can find today is to purchase a new senior pass with my campsite reservation and return the one I already paid for without signing it when (if) it shows up.

I guess I'll wait a day or two and try and call them?
Old 02-04-2018, 09:17 AM   #4

Still the best deal around! Good luck!
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:25 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken-55 View Post
From my confirmation email:

"Thank you for purchasing a Lifetime Senior Pass. Your pass was purchased on 12/12/2017 and will appear on your credit card statement as Senior Pass in the amount of $90."

The only "advice" I can find today is to purchase a new senior pass with my campsite reservation and return the one I already paid for without signing it when (if) it shows up.

I guess I'll wait a day or two and try and call them?
I'm not sure you can return it ... It's a non replaceable Card. lose it and buy a new one ! But if you can that would be good ..just know The card by mail will have your name printed permanently on the back of the card you don't sign it .
You sign the ones you get in person to validate them at purchase in front of the clerk you presented ID to. The mailed ones are already validated when you sent a copy of your ID
They were backed up weeks I heard because of the price increase and publicity but I would hope the have been caught up by now
Old 02-04-2018, 11:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
I'm not sure you can return it ... It's a non replaceable Card. lose it and buy a new one ! But if you can that would be good ..just know The card by mail will have your name printed permanently on the back of the card you don't sign it .
You sign the ones you get in person to validate them at purchase in front of the clerk you presented ID to. The mailed ones are already validated when you sent a copy of your ID
They were backed up weeks I heard because of the price increase and publicity but I would hope the have been caught up by now
I'm inclined to agree with you. I understand that they were backed up in September, just didn't think it would take so long now? I've never received another email after my order confirmation. I'll try calling them tomorrow. I wonder what happens if it really does get lost in the mail? Am I screwed?

Just posting here hoping someone in a similar situation either got theirs or received another email once it shipped.
Old 02-04-2018, 01:50 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
When I purchased my pass in 2014, it took just over 20 days to receive it. I bought mine via the snail mail route. I too was wondering about the delay. Your period of time lapsed seems to be excessive but maybe it's just taking more time now. A number to contact that I had at that time was "Customer Service" 888-627-3325 or email inforservices@usgs.gov Not sure the phone number or email is still current. My brother-in-law ordered his online and he received the same week. Hopefully you will receive it soon.
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:54 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I got my Golden Access Pass around 1988 or so, luckily I still have it even though it's getting dog eared by now.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 06:09 PM   #9

Pass

Mine took 3 months
ROCK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 07:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCK1 View Post
Mine took 3 months
Damn! [emoji15]
Old 02-04-2018, 09:40 PM   #11

Was it on your credit card statement?

Do you have any kind of national facility near you? national park, national forest ranger station, Corp of Engineers, National Wildlife? Perhaps if you took in your receipt to an office along with your credit card statement receipt and your camp reservation receipt they could help you in some way.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Was it on your credit card statement?

Do you have any kind of national facility near you? national park, national forest ranger station, Corp of Engineers, National Wildlife? Perhaps if you took in your receipt to an office along with your credit card statement receipt and your camp reservation receipt they could help you in some way.
I would doubt they can do anything...registration numbers and payments are religiously recorded. Our payment reciepts (volunteer at a federal facility) was created using a special key on the cash register when the card is paid for.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:39 PM   #13

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I went to the local COE office and bought mine onsite a few years ago.

Was very easy.
BuzzWolfAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 05:57 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
We bought ours at a near by Lock and Dam on the Mississippi River.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum