Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2014, 11:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
The pass is not accepted at all National Historic Sites for free admission. We were at one site (can't remember where) that was being operated in cooperation with a state park. There was a $1 (I think) discount off the regular $5 or $7 admission price with the pass, but no free admission.

Likewise, the pass is not accepted at all National Park campgrounds for half price camping. If the campground is operated by a concessionaire like Trailer Village at Grand Canyon, there is no discount.
The campgrounds in Yellowstone N.P. are operated by a concessionaireand they do offer half price camping.

Joel

J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2014, 06:59 AM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
One thing the Federal pass is generally no good at state parks.

If there is a Federal campground you can check to see if the pass is accepted, Generally if the CG is government Operated it is.. if the CG is operated by a "Vendor" like the ones at Grand Canyon.. It's not.. (But admission to the park itself is free with the pass)

For those who qualify, Seniors, Disabled, those on SSI, and many others, the Pass is a great deal, The Senior pass is 10 bucks and where I'm currently parked the pay back is.. Well it saves me 11.00/night.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:56 AM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
The pass is not accepted at all National Historic Sites for free admission. We were at one site (can't remember where) that was being operated in cooperation with a state park. There was a $1 (I think) discount off the regular $5 or $7 admission price with the pass, but no free admission.

Likewise, the pass is not accepted at all National Park campgrounds for half price camping. If the campground is operated by a concessionaire like Trailer Village at Grand Canyon, there is no discount.
Historic Jamestowne is an example. They charge an additional $5 Preservation Virginia fee, Fees & Reservations - Historic Jamestowne Part of Colonial National Historical Park (U.S. National Park Service).
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:25 AM   #18
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Birder View Post
The campgrounds in Yellowstone N.P. are operated by a concessionaireand they do offer half price camping.

Joel
Sorry, I neglected to say I was talking only about the RV campgrounds with hookups. Fishing Bridge in Yellowstone does not accept inter-agency passes, but the no-hookup campgrounds do accept the passes even though the campgrounds may be operated by a concessionaire. The same is true in Grand Canyon and elsewhere.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:26 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT4Wextra View Post
America the Beautiful senior pass can be used at all state parks in Louisiana. 50% discount applies for campgrounds.
When I was checking into camping near New Orleans recently, I found that senior discounts only apply to people from states that also honor senior discounts at their state parks.

From the Bayou Segnette State Park website:
America the Beautiful Senior and Access Passes (formerly Golden Age & Golden Access Passports)
Holders of the Passes, whose state of residence also honors the America the Beautiful pass, are entitled to a 50% reduction on camping fees at Louisiana State Parks. (Passport holders are allowed one site per passport).
VAParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:59 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT4Wextra View Post
America the Beautiful senior pass can be used at all state parks in Louisiana. 50% discount applies for campgrounds.
KT4Wextra
That was true before 2011, but it is no longer true.....UNLESS you are a Louisiana resident... (OR a "resident of any other state that accepts the senior pass at their state parks").

However, I don't believe that "any other" states DO, (so if you are NOT a "Louisiana resident" you will pay full price to camp at Louisiana State Parks)!

BTW, since there is no LIST, the OP will have to "call ahead", (OR simply "wing it", like we do).

Mel
'96 Safari
Old 04-22-2014, 04:01 PM   #21

I just camped 2 weeks ago at South Toledo Bend State Park in Louisiana and got the 50% discount. Nothing on their website says it is restricted to Louisiana residents. I live in Georgia. I made a reservation on line and there is not a place on their registration form to apply for the discount. I called them and they said I would be given a 50% refund when I checked in at the gate and it would be applied to the credit card I used for the fee. Just got my credit card statement and the refund was there.
American the Beautiful is not honored in Georgia state parks. There is an entrance fee to the state parks that everyone pays. Seniors can purchase a discounted annual pass.

Just checked and, yes it does say you must be a resident of a state that honors America the Beautiful passes. So far I can't find where Georgia honors it though.