Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2017, 03:19 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
When our daughter was born we were 19 and 20. We had no money for things like disposable diapers. We used cloth and washed them ourselves.

Good times.
Yet some would marvel you are still alive. With all that stinky bio-hazard and all.
Gotta laugh at how hysterical some people get over a used piece of tp.
awol50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2017, 03:28 PM   #44

Yeah, kids these days are pretty squeamish. And a kid is anybody under the age of 55. LOL [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]
bfisher003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:20 PM   #45

Another point to consider is TP is expensive for a city waste water system. When you consider that the discharge water must meet federal clean water standards to be released into a river (for the next town downstream to reuse as drinking water). So the city waste dept has to remove all the solids including TP which adds to operation cost. Consider also that the waste solids are then sent to a farmers field as fertilizer to grow the sweet corn you eat next summer. So next time you eat vegetables (actually any food), enjoy your recycled TP.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:42 PM   #46

Nobody is squeamish. The idea is just silly. The toilet is where TP belongs.

Do you put TP in the trash can at home?
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:40 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325BH View Post

No. But if I only had a 60 gallon holding tank at my house that is a bear to unclog, I probably would.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:05 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by awol50 View Post
No. But if I only had a 60 gallon holding tank at my house that is a bear to unclog, I probably would.

If your holding tank is a bear to unclog, you are doing it wrong. That is what we have been saying.

It is not rocket science to drain the black tank.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:54 AM   #49

Quote:

Yes, we always had a septic system and always used a waste basket for TP, so it was a easy method to do in our camper for us. We never once had a septic system failure and never even had a pump out of our septic tank in over 40 years. I had 2 rental houses and every couple of years, I would have to open the septic tank and remove the floating TP raft.
It appears 325BH dosen't like used TP, which is fine, it's all a personal choice, just don't knock others for their choice and reasons which may better benefit the environment.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:13 AM   #50

Sewage Draining ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post

Yes, we always had a septic system and always used a waste basket for TP, so it was a easy method to do in our camper for us. We never once had a septic system failure and never even had a pump out of our septic tank in over 40 years. I had 2 rental houses and every couple of years, I would have to open the septic tank and remove the floating TP raft.
It appears 325BH dosen't like used TP, which is fine, it's all a personal choice, just don't knock others for their choice and reasons which may better benefit the environment.

That’s is over-the-top crazy and unnecessary.

The rest of the world uses toilets as they were designed. LOL!

Visitors to your home and camper must think you are [Mod Edit] crazy...
Old 11-16-2017, 08:52 AM   #51

Holy high-jacked threads Batman!!
Dropthejacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:20 PM   #52

Quote:
If your holding tank is a bear to unclog, you are doing it wrong. That is what we have been saying.

It is not rocket science to drain the black tank.
I never had a problem. Guess I inferred I did though.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:03 PM   #53

I think that placing used TP into a waste container is akin to people that use bidets; more worldly than USA ways of doing things.

For those that place used TP into containers, have you changed your toilets into bidets? If not, do you just put up with the outhouse odor?

We are weeks at a time travelers, and we empty with the 3/4 float level. When we get close to home, we use the black tank flush to rinse the tank, then use gray flush and then gray tank flush to rinse the walls.

I just changed out both knife-valves for black and gray tanks, and not a bit of ick was part of the job..
Old 11-16-2017, 05:28 PM   #54

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holy High-jacked Thread Batman is absolutely right!

Wow, what was the original question?
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:37 PM   #55

I have a dump set up at home, when I get home it either tank is not full I add water until they are both 3/4 full and have had no blockage problems.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:04 PM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post

I grew up with a septic system as well. In fact, my dad still lives there; been there since 1969. Never once had a septic system failure, and never even had to pump out the septic tank. Just like you. However, not once did we ever put toilet paper anywhere other than down the toilet.
4x4van is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sewage