Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2017, 06:09 AM   #1

Question Sewer hose storage?

When we got the Alumacraft 5th wheel, all of the sewer stuff was in a tote in the basement, but there is small door right nest to the dump valves labeled
"sewer hose". Wondered why they would store the hose in a tote, when it had a home provided. When I opened that door, I found a big package of throw away gloves, and nothing else. When I tried to stow the hose, I found that the round hole is 4" diameter, and none of the hose end fittings will go through it.
Now I know why they didn't use it, but I'd like to. Do I try to make the hole bigger, or is there a special hose that fits? Seems like a wasted space if left unused, and to store the stuff in a tote would surely take up some valuable space. Anybody else run into this?
TheOldMan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2017, 07:00 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
On our Newmar MADP we have the same door for storage. I keep a hose used mostly for dumping. It does not have a fitting on one end, Other end is a 45 fitting but needs to be the smaller variety and not the version with the larger locks. It just fitts into the compartment.
But I also have a tote in the basement with additional hoses. These hoses have fittings both ends and all the required fittings for a full hook up at a campsite.
Spk64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:29 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I added one of these, Quality product, easy installation.

Adjustable EZ Hose Carrier, 50-94”L, Black - Valterra A04-5094BK - Sewer Accessories - Camping World
Old 04-11-2017, 07:57 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Not 100% sure by your description, but it sounds like you have a storage tube behind a small door attached to the tube within your trailers body. If so, you might be interested in replacing it with a Sanitubes Max Tube sewer hose carrier. Its a larger diameter and works for the Rino type hoses that do not fit in the standard 4" diam hose carriers.
I have bought one from them directly and they ship really quickly and are well designed and built.

http://www.dwincorp.com/products/46/MAXI-TUBE

Hope this helps!
Old 04-11-2017, 08:29 AM   #5

I used to keep a cheap sewer hose in my rear bumper, but when I got a RhinoFlex, the ends wouldn't fit so I got at storage tube like the one mentioned above and mounted it under the belly with the end cover near the sewer connection. I had to file the connector tabs down a little to get it inside the tube, but a MUCH better solution than the bumper or a tote.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:48 AM   #6

sewer hose

Try this.

Mount your door assembly onto a 4 3/4" X 4 3/4" OD post cover.

Use a vinyl rain gutter as a hose tray.

OLD
vs

NEW

finished project

C.B.
C.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:21 AM   #7

C. B.,what a great idea. I will be looking at my rig to see if I can find a spot for sometning like that.
woodworker414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:44 AM   #8

storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworker414 View Post
C. B.,what a great idea. I will be looking at my rig to see if I can find a spot for sometning like that.

Thank you.

Here's another way to use the fence post cover.

Storage for 7' double sided step ladder.

C.B.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:02 AM   #9

C. B. another great idea. What are you doing to plug the back end of the tube? On the ladder tube, what are you using for the door. What kind of glue are you using?
Old 04-11-2017, 11:03 AM   #10

Yes, if you've had several different campers, you ll find that the engineers and mfgs have never had to negotiate the pitfalls of different places to stay and hookup. What's up with putting sewer and fresh water in the same hole? And size matters. You soon find out the inconveniences of there designs. Really, shouldn't they have to live in there designs for awhile and go back to the drawing board!
Still, it's a great life for us and stores like Lowes and Home Depot..
GBDTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:45 PM   #11

tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworker414 View Post
C. B. another great idea. What are you doing to plug the back end of the tube? On the ladder tube, what are you using for the door. What kind of glue are you using?

Silicone a post cap on the back end of tube.

You can do this.

Ladder tube. The wing nut is on the pin so you have something to grab onto for removal

C.B.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:01 PM   #12

C. B. all great ideas. I have already looked at my rig and sthinking about where I will put my new sewer hose caddy.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiSmuggs View Post
I used to keep a cheap sewer hose in my rear bumper, but when I got a RhinoFlex, the ends wouldn't fit so I got at storage tube like the one mentioned above and mounted it under the belly with the end cover near the sewer connection. I had to file the connector tabs down a little to get it inside the tube, but a MUCH better solution than the bumper or a tote.

I was able to store my rhino tube in the bumper less adapter.

Tags
storage