Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #43

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by no18yes View Post
Well! Stu, you got a lot of good info. These guys know what they are talking about.
Hope you and Cindy did not find too many hang ups in the coach. I like the gentleman's comment about the walk through. I guess it is kind or like the walk through of a 777 and then they turn it over to you to fly.
Have fun!! Rick
Thanks, Rick!

We're having lots of fun, so far. The drive up here was kind of "sporty" for my first outing. 35 mph winds pushing me around, narrow two lane roads, Amish folks in their buggies, TREES reaching out to touch me, overhead wires (am I going to safely pass under them???). Such a DIFFERENT perspective.

Right now, I need to do some more research on the LCI leveling system. Trying to decide whether it's operator error or there's something wrong. One of the tech guys at the dealer commented that he much prefers to manually level. Also, one of the jacks has some seepage...not really a leak, but, there's some fluid on the pad. Not liquid, per se, just damp with dust/dirt collected on the pad. The other pads are dry. I think I'll get under there in the morning and thoroughly clean it, retract the jacks and re-level, then check for any evidence of leakage. It's a new coach, is it unreasonable to expect no hydraulic fluid leakage?

There was some (quite a bit, actually) condensation behind the headlight lens cover. I was able to get access by pulling out the generator and with the tools I brought (thanks contributors for the tool advice...already came in handy several times) and remove the headlight assembly and blow some warm, dry air through to evaporate the condensation. I'll keep an eye on that after our next drive.

Tomorrow night, we'll disconnect the power and try running off the batteries/inverter.

So much to learn and only ten fingers to fiddle with stuff.

Take care,
Stu & Cindy

P.S. Rick is the one who initially recommended IRV2.com as a source of info. GREAT ADVICE!!!! Thanks.
777 Driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2010, 07:01 AM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
Stu...... I havent read this in suggestions yet so I will say it now....
DEVELOP A CHECK LIST AND A ''WALK AROUND'' LIST.
Being a pilot I am sure you are very familiar with this concept. This is an absolute ''MUST'' when you get a tow vehicle. Like an aircraft, you should do your ''CHECK LIST'' in an order established by yourself. Walk slow and check each item in your mind and if someone interferes with you for some reason, START ALL OVER AGAIN AND DO IT AGAIN and do this every time you start out in the coach. In the few times I have not done my check list properly I have left the emergency break engaged on the ''toad'',(burned out the emergency break) left the steering locked on the ''toad'', (busted 2 front tires), forgot the antenna and almost ripped it off the top of the coach, almost drove off with the water and electric still hooked to the hydrant (a fellow camper stopped me) and other stupid things that you will miss if you dont do your ''WALK AROUND''.
One other thing............ When you and Cindy start enjoying the coach ''together on the road''.........for goodness sake when you stop and get gas or food or whatever,,,,,,, BE DANG SURE SHE IS BACK IN THE COACH BEFORE YOU PULL OUT. this sounds silly but you would be amazed at the times people have left their ''better half'' in a store thinking she is in the bathroom of the coach. No matter if you just leave her for five minutes, when you go back to get her SHE WILL NOT BE A HAPPY CAMPER and you will get cold beans for supper and a night on the sofa for a few nights .....
Enjoy......
Seajay the sailor man
God bless our troops and bring them home soon and safe
God bless our vets ....ALL GAVE SOME .... SOME GAVE ALL....
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #45

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post

DEVELOP A CHECK LIST AND A ''WALK AROUND'' LIST.
Being a pilot I am sure you are very familiar with this concept.

One other thing............ When you and Cindy start enjoying the coach ''together on the road''.........for goodness sake when you stop and get gas or food or whatever,,,,,,, BE DANG SURE SHE IS BACK IN THE COACH BEFORE YOU PULL OUT...if you just leave her for five minutes, when you go back to get her SHE WILL NOT BE A HAPPY CAMPER and you will get cold beans for supper and a night on the sofa for a few nights .....
I'm good with checklists; the owner's manual has a checklist. I've seen others on other threads here on IRV2. I've even seen checklists available as an iPhone app. I'll probably modify several of those to tailor them to my specific use.

Yes, indeed, I'm sure life is much more pleasant when Cindy's a Happy Camper! Willa must be quite forgiving; I'm guessing that I'd be sleeping in the basement if I ever left Cindy.

We've enjoyed four nights in a beautiful campground. Stowed most of the outside stuff this evening in anticipation of leaving in the morning. The forecast is for some rain overnight; seemed better to put stuff away dry.

We'll stop by the dealer tomorrow to have them take care of a couple issues on our way home. Some loose weatherstrip around two of the slides (doesn't seem like it should be a big deal) and I think my road side forward slide is sagging. I can't get the basement doors open with that slide out. I'm guessing there's some adjustment that can fix that. I'll be happy to watch the experts do that.

Take care,
Stu & Cindy

P.S. Maybe I'll get to drive this rig in the rain...Oh, Boy!

777 Driver is online now   Reply With Quote