Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2015, 01:05 PM   #1

Shammy on a pole! Drying high areas

Ok, please post any ideas and or pictures, of products you bought or modified to help dry the exterior of your RV, after washing. I've been looking for something online and have yet to find something that could be used say from the ground to aid in drying high ares. Short of using a ladder. More for the times when you do not have time for a good detail job.
Currently use a mop, that has its inherent issues. Hope this produces some input I now I would appreciate any ideas, that I'm unaware of or simply overlooked.

Thank you in advance, Johnny

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2015, 01:11 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had a few aluminum extension poles. I used one of those surgical rubber squeegees that had an attachment for the pole as well as a shammy mop that also attached to a pole and of course a soft brush ( yes, that attached to the pole ) to apply soap.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 01:11 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hello Johnny, here is a great thread to read through about spot free rinse/drying a Coach Best way to dry coach after washing it?
Make sure to click on/look at the links and read them, lots of picture's also.
Good coach washing product?
Old 12-27-2015, 01:14 PM   #4

I like the adjustable pole that came with my Wash All Wax All kit.

http://washwax.com/deluxe-mop-pole.html

Kind of expensive but well made. The site has some other great products too.
jtaylor1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 01:29 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I use a fiberglass painters pole with a short broom screwed on it and wrap a towel around the brush........ Works great and on the plus side you have a painters pole.
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 01:31 PM   #6

I purchased a flat dust mop at Lowes, I lay a micro fiber cloth on it and shazam, quick dry. This gives me a flat surface 6"X20" drying surface, great for the sides and windows. JH
Old 12-27-2015, 04:33 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Ditto for WashWax All system!!!
BoA36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:44 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I sometimes use an electric leaf blower for drying the high parts after washing our motorhome. Blow the high parts first, do the lower section with towel or chamois.
Old 12-27-2015, 04:57 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Here ya go, this mop is extendable to reach the height of any RV. The head comes with a "special cleaning mop that I use to wash. The plastic head has Velcro retainers that hold microfiber towels perfectly. Using Johnson baby shampoo (leaves no residue) I wash the coach, then rinse and then take damp microfiber towels (really wrung out well). I place them on the Velcro on the mop head and wipe the washed area down. Works like a champ! Plus, they have a windscreen cleaning head that if used with the Johnson Baby shampoo and microfiber towels will clean your windshield, from the ground without Windex!!
Old 12-27-2015, 05:54 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
I use a commercial squeegee from lowes with a pc of 3/4 inch cpvc pipe for a handle, cut to the exact leanth to reach to top of sidewall,then I blow down with leave blower,works great.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 06:44 AM   #11

I don't have a picture for you, but the easiest thing I found is a Swiffer mop. The holes on the back will hold any type drying rag. I did have a problem at first with it flopping over. I fixed that by drilling two holes and putting a twist tie through them.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 08:04 AM   #12

Rexhall Owners Group
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth01 View Post
Here ya go, this mop is extendable to reach the height of any RV. The head comes with a "special cleaning mop that I use to wash. The plastic head has Velcro retainers that hold microfiber towels perfectly. Using Johnson baby shampoo (leaves no residue) I wash the coach, then rinse and then take damp microfiber towels (really wrung out well). I place them on the Velcro on the mop head and wipe the washed area down. Works like a champ! Plus, they have a windscreen cleaning head that if used with the Johnson Baby shampoo and microfiber towels will clean your windshield, from the ground without Windex!!
$95.00? I could buy a LOT of microfiber towels for that. Wrap 'em around just about anything to do the job. $95.00, I don't think so.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:24 PM   #13

Thanks for all the input everyone. I'm really liking swifter and micro going steal the wife's and try that one. 😱
Old 12-31-2015, 05:10 PM   #14
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
My knees are making it hard to go up and down a ladder to dry. With a 40' coach, you also have to move the ladder about 8 times down both sides.

I bought one of the Costco deionizers, but it does have some short comings when washing an RV.

I collect old bath towels to do all of my cleaning and waxing. When I wasn't in the mood to get the ladder out, I would wrap a towel around a push broom and dry the upper half of the coach. It had it's downsides, like the towel not staying on, or the bristles popping out.

Finally, I took and old pole, mounted an 18" tube (perpendicular) to the end and then used a piece of foam insulation or pool noodle to cover the tube I added. It worked by just wrapping a towel over it, but the towel tended to slide off. I then used some of the old style cloth electrical tape and wrapped it around the tube. It gave the bite to the towels. It works wells and is made at home with stuff you already have.

Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote