Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2012, 08:26 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
While I agree many of the mods on RV.net leave a bit to be desired, the reason for closing the thread has been to remove posts that have gone dramatically off topic. Even Bear has said that. Yesterday evening, the thread was still open.
While the tread may still be open, many of the comments regarding how Bear was being treated or how the Moderators were over-controlling the thread have been deleted by the Moderators. That in my opinion is not a truly Open Thread.

I commented that I had never seen this type of censorship except when I was a graduate student at Beijing University in Communist China many years ago.

And they deleted my post as well.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #30

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ya know, to me, it doesn't say much about an organization if the Chief Executive Officer has to get involved in order to get a dispute solved over an A/C install. I mean, think about it, does an organization the size of Camping World really have to go that far up the chain of command to get a problem solved? Not a good way to do business in my opinion.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #31

Well, the CEO has openly posted on that thread that Camping World will fix it or the camper will be replaced. Your right, it does say a lot for him to have to get involved. I do commend the man for standing up for his company and trying to make it right. Let's hope that happens.

Also, for the thread to be closed down for "off topic" posts. I'm not to sure I believe that. There over 3000 vies of that thread now and climbing every hour. Over 120 posts. (plus all the ones they deleted).

Anyways, to remain "on topic", Camping World needs to step up and fix all the issues THEY created. Remember, there was no issues with the camper when I brought it in. Its only 9 months old. We only used it 7days since I bought it. Now I'm stuck with a compromised camper for me and my family.
Bear25314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Bear, I am confident that a properly done repair will make your camper "good as new." I know that seeing that moron jump up and down on the roof must have been a cringe-worthy experience, though. Perhaps when all is said and done, you could request some sort of roof warranty (IN WRITING) from Lemonis/CW.

Between this forum and the other, your issue is being watched carefully by hundreds (if not THOUSANDS) of potential CW customers. I have no doubt that had you not posted there and here, your issue would not have ever gained the attention of any CW executive and you'd still be dealing with those Katy store managers. Yikes.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Ok...I see that Lemonis decided that the thread "over there" had served its purpose and had it CLOSED. That tells me that I am finished with that forum...and with Camping World.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #34

roof a/c

Shotty isn't the word i would use,but sounds alot like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear25314 View Post
Some pictures of our "install" of an additional AC in our travel trailer from Camping World oh Katy Texas. And we paid $1600 for this! Scrap wood and all.....
Old 03-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #35

Maybe Lemonis had your thread closed because he was afraid it would affect his bottom line. Or he threatened the admins with pulling his support?

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #36

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAU MAU View Post
While the tread may still be open, many of the comments regarding how Bear was being treated or how the Moderators were over-controlling the thread have been deleted by the Moderators. That in my opinion is not a truly Open Thread.

I commented that I had never seen this type of censorship except when I was a graduate student at Beijing University in Communist China many years ago.

And they deleted my post as well.
I would respond but that would take this thread way off-topic.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #37
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I wouldn't be too hasty to blame Lemonis for closing the thread. "This thread has run its course" is a common "reason" given for closing a thread over there, even when the discussion hasn't become heated. More often, the mods can't be bothered to even give a reason when they close a thread.
All the more reason to stay here.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #38

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I wouldn't be too hasty to blame Lemonis for closing the thread. "This thread has run its course" is a common "reason" given for closing a thread over there, even when the discussion hasn't become heated. More often, the mods can't be bothered to even give a reason when they close a thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
All the more reason to stay here.
After visiting "that other forum," I see that Mr. Lemonis may have had a hand in its closing. Also, the moderator did give a reason for closing the thread (this is not to say I agree or disagree with it) plus stated it will be reopened "...when significant new information concerning the matter becomes available." (I wonder how he will know or determine that?).
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #39

My post was also removed and I dont even think I said anything wrong our out of place.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Really, really sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately I'm with many others on this forum (and other forums) who will never get any service work done at CW. Just heard and seen too many horror stories. I'm sure there are good CW shops out there, but overall the CW quality is far too inconsistent and it's just not worth the risk for me to find out.

Hope it gets fixed properly. If nothing else the forum exposure helped to get the issue elevated. We'll be rooting for ya!
Old 03-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
This is obviously a case where big is not better. The CEO or manager should not have had to get so involved. His service manager should have resolved the problem right away. If he had a dollar limit on warranty cost fro his department, he needed to take the issue to his boss and got it resolve. By dragging their feet, all they did was create a bad image of their service department.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #42

I will keep you all updated. I received a copy of the schematics that Camping World received from Keystone. The service manager told me that Keystone told them to cut the truss to install the additional AC unit. Well, at the top of the schematics Keystone wrote, "Below is the print out the the Outback 298re. As I explained on the phone, due top production changes,mI am unable to speak for the accuracy of this print. Should damage occur while cutting/and framing a vent for an AC in the bedroom, KRV would not be responsible for the repairs. With the unit being a travel trailer, it is most likely a 30 amp electrical system and trying to run a second AC may prove challenging as well". Hello? Why didn't they contact me before even starting this job if the manufacturer even told them this may not work.?
Bear25314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, camping