Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #71

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I pity the poor unsuspecting soul that buys it next.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #72

iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm another one who feels you were wise not to accept the "repair." Even if they headed off the cut truss (which I seriously doubt they did), your roof will always be weaker there since there would be only two trusses expected to carry the weight that three would be able to support. Then you will have the weight of the A/C stting on a weakened roof. Add the fact that Keystone will not warranty the roof anymore. Frankly, at this point, I wouldn't accept anything less than a new trailer. Why should you get back a trailer that has lost part of its warranty because of the incompetent work done when you went in with one that was practically brand new with nothing wrong with it?

Old 03-11-2012, 06:31 AM   #73

Well, like I said in an earlier post, we met again with Camping World this weekend. We were offered our camper back with the new AC installed (we declined). We were then offered the choice of having Camping World purchase us an identical trailer from another dealership (Camping World doesn't carry our camper at that location) or choose a "comparable" trailer that they sell to replace our original trailer. We choose the later.

We were givin a few trailers to choose from that they felt were "comparable" to ours. We settled on a Dutchmen Denali travel trailer. We were then told that there was a price difference in what our trailer was worth and what that trailers cost was. They asked us for $5300 difference. Really? Needless to say, that didn't happen. Long story short, we ordered the trailer with all the extras our original one had. It should be delivered in 6 to 8 weeks.

I think we did the right thing. We hope we did the right thing. Living in the south (Houston TX area) our summers are extremely hot and our original campers 1 AC just couldn't keep up. This new camper is a 50amp camper and will have 2 AC's in it when it comes in. If we were to have them simply "replace" our camper, we would just end up with what we pulled in in the first place and going through all this for nothing.

With that in mind. The last hurdle is accepting delivery and finishing up all the paperwork. I know we won't accept paying anything more for this one and I just hope that's how it goes in the end. It ain't over till its over. I won't be relieved until we leave with our trailer and see them in the rear view mirror.

So, in the end (which we are not there yet until delivery and pull out) I believe they are doing the right thing. I am appreciative of there offer to replace our trailer. I think, if all goes well till the end, that there offer was very fair and makes up for all that happened. I hope they learned as much from all this as we have.

And finally, Thank You Mr. Lemonis (CEO Camping World) for reaching out to us and making this right. Very honorable thing to do. Thank You

Till delivery...... I'll update + pictures..

Thanks everybody for listening. In the end, they did the right thing. (just no surprises at delivery please).
Old 03-11-2012, 06:53 AM   #74

With over 80,000 members on irv2, more dealers need to pay attention to what is posted here.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #75

Congratulations! It's nice to hear Camping World stepped up and did the right thing. (as long as they follow through)
Old 03-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #76

Amazing about the power of the Internet to get the right person's attention.

Don
Old 03-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #77

Monaco Owners Club
There are a lot of folks following this thread and waiting to see how this plays out. It's pretty safe to say we are all pulling for you Bear. I have to admit that I have been a Camping World fan up until now because their Draper, UT location bailed us out when we lost our inverter. Weather or not I continue to be a fan will depend a lot on the outcome of this situation. I believe there are a lot of "lurkers" on this thread that are doing the same thing. Mr. Lemonis and the management teams of all of the Camping Worlds need to be watching the thread if they aren't already.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #78
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We all know things happen in life it's what is done with those things that count and if they follow through they will have proven they will be a stand up company.

I know you've covered this already but what about any delivery, taxes, license fee's etc.? I can't fathom out how I would feel about that in your position. I know there would be many who say make them pay for it for what you have been through so far but what is the worth attached to getting another unit from the factory with a second AC installed? That would be my problem.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #79

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
A call to the corporate office in Bowling Green is in order. 1-800-626-6189. I spoke with a woman named Jean a few years back but don't know if she is still connected.

Don
Old 03-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #80

Workhorse Chassis Owner
i hope the new one comes in perfect cond., cause if it don't they will probally screw it up also.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #81
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the update, Bear. I hope all goes smoothly with the delivery of your new TT. I'll be watching for your post when you take delivery.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #82

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I wonder if replacing a RV here and there beats hiring competent employes at a livable wage. Just thinking. Congrats on your solution now I wish I had pushed mine farther bit could not deal with no more anger. I got my MH out Friday with a new cooling unit and other items fixed and ready to travel again.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #83

Either way you look at it, to me Camping World did come back at the end and made it right. It took some time getting to an end but they did good by us and made up for the mistake. (still have to take delivery though, just saying). Is is a replacement trailer so no monies will be exchanged. Like I posted earlier, I also agreed to let them keep the original $1600 we paid for the original additional AC unit. Im not looking to get anything free here, just be made whole again. When we pull away in 6 to 8 weeks from now I can't say that I will never go back. I've never went through anything like this with any company before but I can also say I've never heard of a company stepping up like this (without litigation) and making it right. I see us giving them another chance. Along with CEO Mr. Lemonis, the General Manager of the Katy store, Mr. Olsen was helpful and made it happen. I will add though that my guard is still a bit up until we take delivery. After that I'll exhale.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #84
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree that CW appears to have stepped up to the plate. But I have to wonder if your outcome would have been as favorable if you had not posted on the internet for the world to watch? (The power of the internet!) At any rate, I hope this will all be resolved to your satisfaction SOON.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, camping