Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #85

Excel Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAU MAU View Post

If Keystone is stating that due to the damage caused by CW that your warranty is now null and void, then you are owed a new trailer. Period.

You were smart in not accepting your trailer back and look forward to CW stepping up to the plate and doing the right thing.

Hey Bear,

I agree 100% with Mau Mau..

I am sorry you had to go through this and I'm sure there are hundreds of "Untold" stories, exactly like yours. Fortunately, we have a lot of friends at the Winchester, VA Camping World and we get treated right. One of their techs used to work at the Terry/Fleetwood/Northwood factory in Winchester and knows how campers are built. He also takes great pride in his work. Other than myself, he is the ONLY person that works on our rig. Too bad you don't live closer... Roger would have done you right... The first time!

Please let us know the outcome of this nightmare..

Gary

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #86

Congratulations Bear -

Before you know it your new trailer will be delivered, and this rather unpleasant experience will be nothing but a distant memory.

As mentioned, you had many fellow RV enthusiasts rooting for you.

Looking forward to the pictures of the new unit................Rob

Old 03-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #87

FYI 'All American RV' right down the road from CW Katy, they have worked on our Casita a few times including installing new brakes and a window where the stove exhaust vent used to be. Good work, young entrepreneurs, very work conscience.
Cheers,
Erika and Brian

Fulltimers aboard a Casita 17SD, waiting for their Koala 26SS (two weeks)
Old 03-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #88

Even though Camping World finally stepped up to the plate, it was only due to the massive negative press this issue was getting. I will never purchase another thing from them and would obviously never let them do any service work on my RV.

This well publicized fiasco that Bear was forced to deal with will conservatively cost Camping World millions of dollars in lost revenue due to their total lack of quality control.

I am looking forward to Bear receiving a new trailer and saying goodbye to CW forever.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #89

I don't think all CWs should be banned, just be aware that it could happen to you too. It does give me good ammo if Sun City RV doesn't treat me right if I have a reasonable request. They already have 4 out of 4 "poor" reviews on the RV Service Report web page.

Either they haven't seen it or don't care. In either case, myself and others don't need to put up with poor service. I just wish I had done some research before taking it there. Masseys's Diesel and RV Service has mostly excellent reviews. I just felt that I would get good service at the dealership I bought my MH from. We'll all find out in a couple of days.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #90

Well, it's been about 2 months since all this started. Our "replacement" TT is in and we are scheduled to pick it up this weekend. Man, I am sooooo happy that this is coming to an end. We have missed 2 scheduled camping trips so far. I'm excited and nervous at the same time having to go do the walk thru and bring her home. I hope it all goes ok.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:14 PM   #91

Monaco Owners Club
Good luck with the new TT! I'm glad Mr. Lemonis stepped up to the plate and took care of you after a service experience I would wish on no one.

We all want pictures of course.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #92

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Dog View Post
FYI 'All American RV' right down the road from CW Katy, they have worked on our Casita a few times including installing new brakes and a window where the stove exhaust vent used to be. Good work, young entrepreneurs, very work conscience.
Cheers,
Erika and Brian

Fulltimers aboard a Casita 17SD, waiting for their Koala 26SS (two weeks)
So sorry to hear that someone had to endure all of this but am grateful for sharing the experience so that others won't have this happen. Another good thing to come out of it is learning a recommendation to a good service center in the area. Hope that I never need it but if I do, it's now in my contacts on my phone. THANKS!

GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #93
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear25314 View Post
Well, it's been about 2 months since all this started. Our "replacement" TT is in and we are scheduled to pick it up this weekend. Man, I am sooooo happy that this is coming to an end. We have missed 2 scheduled camping trips so far. I'm excited and nervous at the same time having to go do the walk thru and bring her home. I hope it all goes ok.
Fingers crossed that you love your new TT!!

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:47 PM   #94

Good luck, I hope it all works out the way it should.
lenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #95

Well, how'd it go?!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:54 PM   #96
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2kskibum View Post
Well, how'd it go?!
Yeah, that!!

Old 05-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #97

We took delivery of our replacement TT from Camping World last Friday. It is a 2013 Dutchmen Denali 287re. Its a very nice unit, 3 slides, modern windows, power awning jacks and slides all on remote leather swivel recliners and remote fireplace (I paid for the recliner and fireplace upgrades myself). All seems to work well when we took delivery. We plan on bringing it home sometime next week and "camp" in the driveway to check her out even better (she's in storage now).

I have to first say "Thank You" to everyone on here that spoke up on my behalf and also gave me insight on how to handle this. At first I was not aware of how much damage the "install job" created until others posted on here. The suggestions to talk to the TT manufacturer (Keystone) about the ramifications of the install were priceless. I am very grateful to you all for your ideas on how to handle this. I took them all and used them with a good outcome thanks to you.

I would also like to thank Mr. Lemonis. He saw this thread and contacted me personally. He also contacted the store and worked out this deal to replace my property. Thank you Mr. Lemonis. That was truly a very honorable this to do.

This will be the final update I give on this topic. I think its played itself out. Am I grateful? Sure I am. Do I think that I would have had the same outlook if I simply went back into the store with my broken TT and "talked to the manager"? Absolutely not. But, enough has been said on the subject. I'm just looking forward to the summer now and pulling my trailer from campsite to campsite when I have the days off and popping open a cold one. Thanks again everybody. It's been a real eye opening experience and I am forever grateful to you all. My first cold one is to you.... Best Wishes.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #98
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congrats. I hope you have many years of happy travels in your new TT.

Tags
install, camping