Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2012, 07:22 AM   #99

Excellent Bill!

I would wish your horrible experience from the incompetents at Camping World on no one, but am thrilled that your new trailer is finally in your hands.

As you enjoy it in the years ahead, it will be a reminder that sometimes good things do happen to good people.

Wishing you only the best..........................Rob
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #100

Nice looking TT!! Way to go CW
timetogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #101

Monaco Owners Club
all the way around, and especially to Marcus Lemonis for stepping up to the plate and making things right.

Very nice looking new TT. I hope you and your family get years of enjoyment out of it.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #102

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sorry you had so much trouble but glad that you got things straightened out. Mr. Lemonis stepped up to the plate and made a bad situation right. While I dont think such shoddy work should happen in the first place, we all know that it does happen. The management at the CW store that did this so called work, should have stepped up immediately and made it right, Mr. Lemonis should not have had to step in. Hopefully what he seems to be doing will turn the bad reputation that so many CW stores have, around. I hope Mr. Lemonis made a lasting impression on that store manager.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #103

Don't you kind of wonder what happened to the original trailer that CW inherited...
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #104

They said they are going to sell it.
Bear25314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #105

Because I was curious, I checked their online inventory & it doesn't show it in stock (a Keystone Outback with the model number mentioned earlier, or any Keystone Outback for that matter).

"Pity the fool"...
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #106

Most likely it will end up at another location. Or just hold it till this thread is forgotten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post
Because I was curious, I checked their online inventory & it doesn't show it in stock (a Keystone Outback with the model number mentioned earlier, or any Keystone Outback for that matter).

"Pity the fool"...
WhenIm64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:10 PM   #107

I took my old clunker RV to Camping World near Chicago to fix the furnace. Thye told me it would take three hours to "pull it out" before they could diagnose the problem. It's the size of a toaster under the pullout bed. Told them to forget it. Three hours @ $85 per hour? Took it to a private RV repair shop near Peoria, IL and the guy fixed it in 45 minutes. Camping World is a rip off.
GNHebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I am unimpressed with that forum and the moderators on it. Does CW own them? Interesting. (I was wondering why the CEO of CW responded to that thread, so now it makes sense.)

When I think that we actually considered having our towing setup installed at the Katy CW, I cringe.

Bear, I wish you the best and I hope this unfortunate situation will be resolved to your satisfaction so that you can enjoy your new RV.
CW/Good Sam's owns RV.net. The CEO is responding to all complaints, but not as effectively and I think he could.
Oldedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNHebb View Post
I took my old clunker RV to Camping World near Chicago to fix the furnace. Thye told me it would take three hours to "pull it out" before they could diagnose the problem. It's the size of a toaster under the pullout bed. Told them to forget it. Three hours @ $85 per hour? Took it to a private RV repair shop near Peoria, IL and the guy fixed it in 45 minutes. Camping World is a rip off.
When inexperienced technicians have to learn their jobs on your project, they need a lot of time. You pay for their educations, as far as I can see.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
We all know things happen in life it's what is done with those things that count and if they follow through they will have proven they will be a stand up company.

I know you've covered this already but what about any delivery, taxes, license fee's etc.? I can't fathom out how I would feel about that in your position. I know there would be many who say make them pay for it for what you have been through so far but what is the worth attached to getting another unit from the factory with a second AC installed? That would be my problem.
The power of the message board. Congrats.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #111

Monaco Owners Club
Why didn't YOU inspect the job,BEFORE PAYING !, ?
woodfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #112

Your right. I should have Inspected THEIR work before I paid them. It's sad that a customer would be expected to "inspect" work from a "professional" dealer. If I knew what to look for I would probably have done the work myself. What should people do getting their breaks done. Crawl underneath the thing and and take it apart to inspect the work? Hopefully we both, myself and CW, learned a lesson from all this. I know I did.
Bear25314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, camping