Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear25314 View Post
I will keep you all updated. I received a copy of the schematics that Camping World received from Keystone. The service manager told me that Keystone told them to cut the truss to install the additional AC unit. Well, at the top of the schematics Keystone wrote, "Below is the print out the the Outback 298re. As I explained on the phone, due top production changes,mI am unable to speak for the accuracy of this print. Should damage occur while cutting/and framing a vent for an AC in the bedroom, KRV would not be responsible for the repairs. With the unit being a travel trailer, it is most likely a 30 amp electrical system and trying to run a second AC may prove challenging as well". Hello? Why didn't they contact me before even starting this job if the manufacturer even told them this may not work.?
And it just keeps getting worse! I can't believe they proceeded with that installation without contacting you first after that email from Keystone. Good grief.

ETA--although it's probably not unheard of for 30 amp RVs to have two A/Cs. Many 50 amp motorhomes with two A/C units plug into 30 amp service at some campgrounds. You'll just have to be careful about how many things you try to operate at once.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #44

Actually, plugging is wasn't gloomy to be a problem. The additional AC is wired independently from the RV. It has it's own plug to plug into the pole. 110 volt. But. Nowhere on the schematic does it show where to cut a truss like they said it does. And they gave me a copy of this! Show how arrogant they are, like I wasn't going to look at it?
Bear25314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Well, that's good. I hope this whole situation will have a good outcome for you.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:25 PM   #46

Good luck in getting it all fixed and sorted out.

Just one thing why didn't you check the install out before taking the trailer home? have a look at the fit & finish of the roof inside and out. Would of definitely checked after having someone cut a hole in perfectly sound roof of such a new trailer.

Even not checking it out at CW would of made sure to check the operation & finish once getting it back home.

Doesn't excuse such a shoddy piece of workmanship and bad customer service really hope the trailer makes it back safe and with it fully fixed.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:33 AM   #47

It is a lesson learned. I've been kicking myself in the head ever since I left with this mess.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:54 AM   #48

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
...As I explained on the phone, due top production changes,mI am unable to speak for the accuracy of this print. Should damage occur while cutting/and framing a vent for an AC in the bedroom, KRV would not be responsible for the repairs...
Five minutes or less with a $10-30 stud finder could have avoided the problem of cutting the joist. The old cliche about an ounce of prevention, etc. still holds true. Even then, they should have cut a test hole in the roof to make sure nothing was in the way.

Another issue I see here besides CW's incompetence is KRV no being able to produce accurate schematics. Do they not document production changes? CW should have been able to provide KRV with the model and serial number of your rig and received and received an up-to-date as built of your rig.

I also wonder if CW obtained the schematic before or after they FUBARed your roof?
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:49 AM   #49

Hey Bear,
I'll be following here as well- as the topic at rv.net is closed.

I am AMAZED how many threads/posts are moderated over there.
I agree with MAU MAU, it's absurd to delete comments because one might possibly 'offend' another. What have we come to in this country, where 'offending' someone can result in a lawsuit costing a man his livelyhood??
<sarcasm> A big 'thank you' to all the "politically correct" proponents </sarcasm>

What I find even more ridiculous, is deleting a potentially 'inflammatory' post, while leaving one where a poster gives obviously incorrect, ignorant, and potentially dangerous technical advice...

I digress...

I'll be following here, keep us posted

Thanks
Boondockdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

Howdy Boondockdad and welcome. Not to disparage "that other forum," but IRV2 is in an entirely different league as far as helpful posters and sensible moderation. I think it was wrong to close the thread over there, but some people do tend to get personal and ugly instead of staying on topic. (And unfortunately, bad advice is free and so you find it everywhere, especially on internet forums. )

I just hope CW will repair Bear's TT so that he can enjoy it.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #51

First of all, thank you ALL for the support. I know it's just a camper, but we really enjoy our summer getaways and looks forward to the memories we make with every outing. As I'm sure you all do too. I am happy to say that Camping World has extended an offer to us concerning our camper. I would rather not discus the details as we have to weigh our options as well but at least it's a start to an end. I'm glad they have opened the door to resolve this correctly. I promise to update you all when this is over but would rather wait until all the details are worked out. Like I said, it's a start. There are alot of variables that need to be talked about between us and them before settling. Thank you all again. I've never met any of you but it just amazes me how much support, ideas and encouragement I received from the online community. I'll update again when the time comes. Hopefully soon. Till then...
Old 03-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #52
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I would rather not discus the details as we have to weigh our options as well but at least it's a start to an end. I'm glad they have opened the door to resolve this correctly. I promise to update you all when this is over but would rather wait until all the details are worked out.
At this point in time that seems like a very wise decision on your part.

See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:52 AM   #53

Looking forward to seeing your new gold plated Prevost!
Old 03-06-2012, 06:37 AM   #54

We are looking to get this settled as soon as possible. Who knew that simply buying an additional AC and having it installed would turn into such a mess. We are hoping to get this resolved and moving on. Wish is luck..... And, thanks again everybody for your kind words and support. I REALLY ment alot!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #55

Cool Me Too

As a relative newbie, I am very interested to hear honest opinions of service providers in any area, I know that I will use the information to govern any future repairs or spending of my hard earned dollars. Good service is becoming more of a rarity these days. Please keep us informed of the final outcome. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!!
RABBITFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #56

Fleetwood Owners Club
I can't believe what I'm looking at. There are do-it yourself people on this forum that would have done a much better job.

Tags
install, camping