Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2016, 06:41 AM   #1

Shopping for a diesel at CW...

I have been thinking about purchasing a larger coach. Camping World was recently having a sale on Thors and the Palazzo 33.2. I went on line and found Thor was having a ten thousand dollar discount. While searching I came across a new 2015 Palazzo out of Waconda Illinois CW marked at 130,000.00 . So I call to if it is still available am told yes they put me in touch with another person at their store. So I am lining up flying back there am really happy with my find. Finally they call me with the deal of 121,000.00 and some change then tell me the coach is already sold. I have continued with my search and have kept and eye on this coach as it kept saying deal pending. Yesterday it now comes up again now it is 127,595. I call them and am told it is available so I told the woman I went through this last time and she assured me it was available. I call the store and get internet sales and we start the whole thing again. I tell them that this is not right. I think this is not good business practice. Now I went back on line and see CW has changed it all again and this time this same coach is 133, and some change but if I call again I am sure I would be put through the same stuff!! I think I am going to call Thor and see if they want their products marketed this way. I don't think I trust CW for any thing at this point.
RonnTerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2016, 06:45 AM   #2

It would be prudent to look well beyond Camping World for a new coach. Depending on the brand you settle on, there are a large number of dealers who sell and service some very good brands.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:46 AM   #3

If CW means Camping World you might want to expand your search. Their bread and butter is low end gas units.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:51 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnTerF View Post
I have been thinking about purchasing a larger coach.
Know what you're looking at and remember, the salesman job is to sell!

Will that lie, probably not. Tell the whole truth all the time? My brother bought a class "C", someone had turned the tires around so he didn't see that they all were age cracking.

Wherever you buy.

Buyer beware!
Old 05-03-2016, 01:49 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I guess I don't see much of anything unusual. They had a buyer at some discounted price but the deal fell through, so they put it back on the market again at a higher price. Advertised prices change all the time - they call them sales or promotions. CW is one of many that churn prices like that all the time, hoping to attract an impulse buyer. If someone makes an lower offer, maybe they sell or maybe they don't.

CW would not be high on my list of RV shopping locations, but sometimes they have a rig in inventory that is an exact fit for your needs, so you deal the best you again. Since you seem to know what model and floor plan you want, I would put out feelers to dealers all across the country and see who is tempted by your offer.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:34 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
You better be sure you get an "out-the-door" price, IN WRITING! I understand they are famous for switch-and-bait tactics!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 10:19 AM   #7

Think I have decided to stay away from these dealerships. It seems they do bait and switch. Also think I will look at different small diesels there is plenty out there with a close floorplan I like.
RonnTerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:47 AM   #8

Do yourself a favor- STAY AWAY FROM CAMPING WORLD!
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:20 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdst51 View Post
Do yourself a favor- STAY AWAY FROM CAMPING WORLD!
I agree. Stay away from CW.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:56 PM   #10

Camping World

Run like h___. And definately
stay away from their service departments.
cmsdcb1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:10 PM   #11

Camping World is Scum.
TS192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:23 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Try Lazydays

We bought our coach at Lazydays near Tampa FL. They have a huge inventory and knowledgeable salespeople. I'm sure you can find some jerks on their staff but we haven't run across any.
They only have two locations, the other being a much smaller satellite in Tucson AZ.
If you're having trouble finding a unit you're happy with you might want to check them out on line or pay them a visit.
Snyderwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:34 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyderwheels View Post
We bought our coach at Lazydays near Tampa FL. They have a huge inventory and knowledgeable salespeople. I'm sure you can find some jerks on their staff but we haven't run across any.

They only have two locations, the other being a much smaller satellite in Tucson AZ.

If you're having trouble finding a unit you're happy with you might want to check them out on line or pay them a visit.

Lazy Days has 5 locations. They bought out 3 dealerships in Colorado.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 03:54 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Spartan Chassis
The only thing I would buy at CW is toilet paper...
vonkamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel