Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2016, 08:41 AM   #15

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm in the camp that if you didn't fix something like the camera, as a buyer I would be worried what else you might not have fixed. When we were looking at used RV's, it was pretty comforting to meet sellers that cared for their coaches and everything was functional vs. the discomfort of being told numerous things don't work (and letting my mind wonder if they didn't service the unit routinely if they didn't fix small things)
trimacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2016, 12:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimacon View Post
I'm in the camp that if you didn't fix something like the camera, as a buyer I would be worried what else you might not have fixed. When we were looking at used RV's, it was pretty comforting to meet sellers that cared for their coaches and everything was functional vs. the discomfort of being told numerous things don't work (and letting my mind wonder if they didn't service the unit routinely if they didn't fix small things)

As far as the camera, when we bought it, the seller told us it didn't work. He replaced it once already and that didn't fix it. So we brought it to a repair shop, they tried to fix it, ended up replacing it, it worked for a month and then stopped working. So we drove it for 4 years with no backup camera! Thankfully, the side view cameras worked really well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
One factor in the desician is how old is the coach and what it's worth? If older/low dollar the less money I would put into it.
It's a 2008 Fleetwood 40X Diesel Pusher, so it's on the higher end.
4tfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 01:02 PM   #17

It was my experience a couple of years ago when we bought our RV that nobody fixed anything nor did they empty their rig or even clean it. If you want to sell your rig, you have to make it more desirable than the competition. Clear it out, fix all issues and then clean it till it shines.

I am not a mechanic but I do play one in my garage!
OlYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 06:30 PM   #18

I've looked at a number of used MH's with so called minor problems and I always figure the most expensive repair cost to fix the problem. Example the Refrig doesn't get cold enough=replace the whole unit for $4,500. Thats what Camping World charges. I also wonder if the problems that can't be fixed are the reason why the owner is selling it.
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote