Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2017, 07:23 PM   #15

Forest River Owners Club
Rarely the campground showers. That's only if we are trying to stretch our water or traveling while winterized. For us it's a convenience thing as well as we know who has been in it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2017, 07:35 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We use the RV shower every day.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:46 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
After seeing some of the disgusting shower accommodations during our tent camping years, having our own shower became the one of the main reason we got an RV. Never been in a campground shower since. Our Bounder has a 53" shower stall - WAY better than any shower anywhere...except our S&B which has a 5ft walk-in shower.

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:50 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If dry camping or no sewer connection, we use CG shower if available. If no CG shower we use ours navy style. If we have sewer hook-up, we use the shower, dishwasher, and laundry at will.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:26 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
I didn't spend this money to drive somewhere to use someone else's shower or their toilet
Old 04-18-2017, 08:51 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
I didn't spend this money to drive somewhere to use someone else's shower or their toilet

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:51 PM   #21

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matfam1 View Post
Showers are not the greatest in a camp trailer, but I know who's been there. I won't shower in a campground shower again. The wait time, inconvenience and and gross factor, all point towards my own shower.
Agree.That pretty much sums it up.
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:55 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Same here!

I know it costs a bunch to have the motorhome but it's all worth it to have our clean, not sweated in, low in shed skin cells, low in dust mites, non bedbug infested bed. Having a clean shower, one that isn't scummed up and that i know hasn't been piddled in, is very important to me. Toilet, i know who/what has sat on it and that it's cleaner than any public toilet.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:18 PM   #23

OP: You stated you're looking at travel trailers and Class C's; some with full baths and some with wet baths. Therefore, you're probably looking at small RVs and you will have small tank sizes. You'll need to learn to take 'navy' showers to conserve your space. This means quickly wet down; turn the water off; soap up; quickly rinse. The same goes for hand washing and teeth brushing. Dish washing can be done with minimal water and you don't have to do dishes after every meal. A vegetable pot can be reused and also a fry pan... just wipe it out. Grill outdoors and use paper plates from most things. You'll be surprised at the low amount of water you'll use and how you can extend your tank limit.

Also, if possible, don't consider a 'wet' shower. You'll soon get tired of every surface being wet and having to wipe it down.

Also, many campground showers are kept very clean. Wear flip flops on your feet. You don't have to have your body touch anything.

Good luck in your RV search.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:34 PM   #24

We have always used our RV shower in both the TCs and MH. Always "Navy showers" to conserve water. We also use a lot of paper and plastic eating utensils for the same reason.

Steve
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:04 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
We have a nice big shower and use it as we would our home shower. Why not? If we are dry camping we take short showers, but still enjoy being clean.
Some people just do not know how to conserve water.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:47 AM   #26

The 5x6 ft bathroom with neo-angle shower was a large part of why we bought this motorhome, so we certainly use it.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 01:10 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebear.nm View Post

If you're water heater is dual propane and electric, turn on both heating elements at shower time to extend your shower time. Also if city water pressure is low, turn on your water pump to add pressure for showers.
Will the water pump supplement the city water or will it only pull water from the fresh water tank?
Old 04-19-2017, 04:46 AM   #28

We use the shower in our coach. Our first RV was a Winnie View (24'). The second time the "door" to the dinky shower fell off while the DW was taking her shower was the day it went up for sale. I hope that gives you a hint. While where a male showers usually doesn't rank as a priority, most females want the privacy and cleanliness that can only be provided by your own shower, sink and toilet. I suggest you find out for sure before you commit to a particular RV. Run the movie in your head of you and the DW trudging up to the CG bath house every day for a 5 - 7 day stretch. I posit that the shower consideration in selecting an RV is just as important as what you sleep on.
Sandy Swede is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shower