Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2011, 11:49 AM   #29

IF the campground showers are very nice (infrequent) and we are parked close to them (also infrequent) and the weather is mild then we might use them. Not really much of a reason to, though.
M2HB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #30

Lets see here in FL some where around 90 deg.,bugs with big teeth, sand, shower stall with all the above. I'll take the rv every time.
bbeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottffss View Post
Make that +2
Why have an RV shower and not use it?
Paulandvicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
When we first started camping with pop-ups we did. But as the kids got bigger and we went to TT we never have. Kids are not as careful as adults so that is one reason and now when we take the grandkids they also shower in the RV. Bath is big enough for privacy and I have plenty of room in the shower as I am not super large. I empty the gray tank daily as it is usually 2/3 or more full. I will wait until it is at least that full to empty. We do not do "Navy" showers in the RV the benefit of large tanks. Why spend the big bucks and not use what came for spending them.
goldwingerx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:57 PM   #33

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I use both depending on where I'm parked..

Advantage RV shower.. It is "Indoor" as it were, on site, no waiting save for the wife. HOWEVER the water flow is a bit anemic unless I seriously over pressure the system.. one of these days I'll upgrade the shower head (And yes folks, I know about flow restrictors and there are none in the system.. IT's just the 45psi when I'm used to 80)

Advantage park shower.. Greater water flow. full 1/2 inch pipe.. Greater hot water supply (longer hot shower) and such.

I keep reading about the "Dangers" of public showers.... However.. Well.. I survived several years of School showers, both public and "private" school, And servicemen share showers all the time, and ... Well... Let's just say I think those dangers are over rated a bit. DO however, use "Due care and caution" for example.. In some showers I wear diver's slippers.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:04 PM   #34

I only use the campground shower if I am too dirty to come into the RV, or in the past, when the kids would bring friends, and the water would not heat fast enough to shower everyone before an event.
With our current water heater, with both gas and electric heating units, I can shower 4 people before having to worry about hot water.
Happy Trails.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:16 PM   #35

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I, to date, have never used a CG shower/bathroom. As others have already stated, that is one of the plus' of having an RV; your own bed, kitchen, frig, couch & bathroom.

I have an Oxygenics shower head and it gives me a great shower for very little water.

I have had no issue with leaking. If you think that your caulk isn't doing the job, then add some more, or strip the old (not hard) and reseal. It is no different than your shower or tub in your Stix 'n Brix. It also needs to be resealed, every now and then, or it leaks too.

I love being able to take a nice hot shower, in my bathroom, and then walk a few steps to the living room or bedroom.

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:41 PM   #36

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchStar38 View Post
We use the RV facilities exclusively and I dump tanks every morning and flush the black water tank at the same time. Only time it stays more than a day is if we don't have sewer hookup which is not very often.
Tanks (especially the black) should never be dumped till ¾ full, do you fill them that full in one day?
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:02 PM   #37

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Always use the RV...uh that is why we have one.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:27 PM   #38

Ford Super Duty Owner
Having not installed any plumbling at in mine I must use the CG shower.
No big deal to me.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #39

With our previous travel trailer we would use the campground showers on occasion. We always take our dog for a walk around the entire RV park when we arrive so we can check it all out. Part of checking it out, is looking in the bathhouse. The facility there really says a lot about the park and the people that maintain it. The pressure and the amount of hot water that the land based showers offer, have enticed us a few times. The big thing for us, was in winter. The travel trailer was never properly setup for winter use, but we would still be out in it, in the snow and ice. When that happened, we might need to use the provided showers so our tanks wouldn't freeze full....or if they already had!

We will see how it goes with the Hitchhiker, I have a feeling it will be better for winters and letting us use it's own features year round.
TravelingJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:51 AM   #40

Ford Super Duty Owner
I would edit my last if i could.

Also I am so used to tent camping a shower isn't all that big of a deal.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:06 AM   #41

Us too.

It's always amusing to see people leaving a nice RV in the morning and trudging to the campground showers. The only time we have used campground showers was near a ski area in the wintertime. You have to feel the soles of your feet freeze to the shower floor to really appreciate wintertime camping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegd007 View Post
Always use the RV...uh that is why we have one.
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:45 AM   #42

We use both. We stay mostly at state parks with no sewer hookup and out tanks are not very big. So if we want a short shower we will use the RV's. If we want a nice long hot shower we walk to the cg showers. If we use the cg showers we tend to avoid the time when everyone else is trying to use them. If we happen to have sewer hookups we always use our own.

We find the colder the weather the fewer showers we need, and the more likely we won't use the cg's. In summer take a dip in the lake and rinse off with the outside shower and good to go.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
evergreen