Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #1

showers

woundering if most rv/ers use showers in rv or bath house, worried about water damage
snoopdogjr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
We have been using RVs for over 30 years and never use the CG showers. When our kids were with us they would use the CG showers.

Nick
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Hmmm, walk across the campground in cool/cold weather or shower in a heated RV with my clothes on hangers and in a drawer right next to me. Even if it's warm I'm not lugging all my stuff anywhere.

IMO one of the main reasons to have an RV is to have your own sheets/shower and commode, otherwise save the $$$$ and just drive to hotels.
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #4

Never used the campground showers or toilet facilities. That's why we have an RV.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
For us it depends upon the type of site we're staying in. If we don't have a sewer hookup at the site then we use the CG showers. Otherwise it's much nicer to use the MH shower with everything at our ginger tips.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #6

We often us the campground facilities. We usually don't get full hookups, usually short stays and we try to conserve our fresh water and our waste water space. It's all good. But we usually camp in the warm months. If it was colder I'd certainly change my mind"..
Bucksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Like others have said, We use the MH facilities. One word of caution since you are worried about water damage & you should be aware of the possiblity. If there is any area in your shower that has silcone sealant on a seam, be sure this sealant is secure & intact. My shower walls are flexible. I can push in on them near the tub where they are sealed with silicone bathroom sealant. I have in the past 3 years that we have owned this MH resealed it just about every 6 months. We try very hard not to lean against the shower walls & that helps keep the seal.
We always use the vent fan when using the shower. Helps keep the condensation down. we use it even in the winter when it is very cold outside, we just don't open it up all the way.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We use the MH shower. That's what I love about having an RV. I am not a fan of using facilities strangers use. Even when we stop at a rest area, I use our own bathroom.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsirby View Post
We use the MH shower. That's what I love about having an RV. I am not a fan of using facilities strangers use. Even when we stop at a rest area, I use our own bathroom.
+1
DrivinMyHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivinMyHome View Post
+1
Make that +2
ottffss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
We've talked to some campground hosts that are reconsidering their hosting jobs because of some of the GROSS things that happen to bathhouse toilets and shower stalls that some campers have inflicted upon them...another vote for using our RV's facilities. Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #12

i use rv showers i hope i can spell athletes feet i had jungle rot that took many years to control and not toatly control (Korea)
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopdogjr42 View Post
woundering if most rv/ers use showers in rv or bath house, worried about water damage
Not certain what water damage you are concerned about but I would be upset with an rv without a proper shower. We never use campground facilities.
jzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #14

We purchased a self-contained RV so we would not have to use public facilities, and we don't.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evergreen