I don't know how many folks here have had, or are having, leaking around their Shurflo pump. I was. That is fixed as of today.
This was one of those aggravating little leaks that kept the pump mounting surface wet when the pump was on and it caused the pump to cycle frequently between water usage times.
The fix was simple. The time required was extended because the pex fittings needed to be disconnected. Once the pump was freed from the plumbing I removed it from the bay. Then I removed the 3 screws holding the pump to the motor and the 3 sheet metal screws that finished holding the pump housing together. That was a bit of a challenge because the screws were reacting with the aluminum motor housing and the others were a bit rusted and sticking to the housing plastic. I had to clean the threads with a 10-32 die on my wire strippers. With the pump off the motor I was able to apply a very light bead of Permatex Gasket Maker
to the pump housing where the pump gasket rests. This is where the leak was from. I reassembled everything and gave it a try. No leak!
As I have been writing this report I have had the pump on and the city water off. All has been quiet. When I run water the pressure is good.
Not mentioned above, I did coat the threads of the screws with a no-ox electrical compound. I figured it would do any harm.
Hope I am giving someone some encouragement with this fix.