Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Sleep Number Bed

I have a sleep number bed in my motor home. Both controls remain blank at all times. I can inflate and deflate the bed but have no idea what number settings I have. The screens on both controls remain blank. Does nanyone know of a fix for this?
travelman696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #2

Call Sleep Number. You probably need new controllers.
jzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #3

Sleep number has a web site with some test procedures. Very friendly on the phone and they can walk you thru the test.
CHCam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I don't know how old your bed is but I can say without a doubt that Sleep Number is the best company to deal with. Just call them and they will work with you. I had a kinked hose and the bed wouldn't air up or down. Finally figured it out, called and they offered to send me replacement hoses AND a new pump free of charge on a 2 yr old bed. I said no, hoses would fix the problem and I got them in 2 days. Had a controller go blank on one at home and they replaced it free after 3 years. I believe in Sleep Number customer service, can you tell?
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:14 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If your bed is over 2 years old the control are about 125 a piece. We just had to replace ours
BlueOx Aladdin Toads: '19 Tahoe, '22 JLU, '17 JKU, IRV3 Brake System
mc4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #6
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc4fun View Post
If your bed is over 2 years old the control are about 125 a piece. We just had to replace ours
You should not have been charged anything to replace 2 yr old controllers. Ours were replaced nc when they went out at 5 yrs old.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:25 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
In my experience, their warranty is prorated. I had a leaky air cell. They replaced the entire mattress that was 2 years old. It cost me $170. I have had a Sleep Number mattress in the S&B. To replace a part under warranty was also going to cost money.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sleep Number just replaced both of my controllers for free. Just give them a call. Very pleasant to work with.
stuhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:13 AM   #9

Off topic...
I have heard of Sleep Number mattresses blowing up in higher altitudes. If so, does the number change, or does it just get harder until it pops? Also, is, say, a 50 at sea level the same hardness as a 50 at 7000 feet? I have too much time on my hands this morning....
Old 05-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #10

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My bed is so old it has the wired inflator without numbers. Before going up more than 1,000 ft I deflate my bed or it will become rock hard. Being about 18 years old, I worry that the air bladder won't take as much pressure as it used to when it was newer. I just lay down and inflate it until comfy. I don't sleep well without it.

I only wish they had a 12 volt inflator or at least a way to deflate, other than unhooking the hose, that didn't require the generator or shore power.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote