Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-01-2016, 03:06 PM   #1
Slideout problem - switch is dead.

My rear slide won't extend - pushbutton has no response (no red led, no activity). Front slide (same power source) works fine - fuses checked - tweaked adjustment pot - still zip. At least it's stuck IN and not out, but wondering if anyone has ideas to try. Thanks. Peter

PeterFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2016, 07:17 AM   #2
A good way to check switch is to splice into the 2 wires that come from the motor and hook directly up to a battery with jumpers. This is how I move in 1 of my 3 slides currently. I have another slide thYs slow and wondering if jumping it also would fix but am to lazy. I can figure out why the switch h is up front. The wires lead to the middle of couch to relays and back to switch then to slide motor. I'd stop.working if I was strung out that far also. Seems crazy. Works great jumped to aux battery.

2004 discovery 39s 2007 blacked out lifted Chevy crew cab, 2015 Ktm 500 exc ,wife and 2 curtain climber.
Zonecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 06:22 PM   #3
I only suggest this because I made a panic-ed and angry call to Newmar customer service and had them suggest that I remove the key from the ignition. That was the problem. That was the first in a series of dumb mistakes I made before I got the hang of my new MH.
Denis, Ruth and Gracie
the K-9 Dashboard Ornament
2007 Newmar Baystar 3202
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 06:28 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I had a switch go bad on me. 10 dollars at camping world. Should be able to find a direct replacement I bet
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
2005 Fleetwood Revolution
'12 Chevy 2500HD
'15 Airstream International Signature 27FB
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 06:50 PM   #5
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
We just fried a slide controller. To get the kitchen slide in, we took the controller for the bedroom, plugged it in, ran the kitchen slide in, and returned the controller to the bedroom.
2007 Newmar KSDP. 3912
2010 Nissan Frontier SE
DGBPokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 07:41 AM   #6
Originally Posted by DGBPokes View Post
We just fried a slide controller. To get the kitchen slide in, we took the controller for the bedroom, plugged it in, ran the kitchen slide in, and returned the controller to the bedroom.
The only other time the rear slide wouldn't light up I believe there was also moisture in the compartment where the controllers reside - I had someone come look and he said it was a fuse, but I tested and swapped the fuses AND swapped the controllers with no success. I have now caulked and sealed the gaps around the exterior of the compartment against water intrusion so will see if this problem comes up again. I'm thinking a spare switch and controller would be good investments. Thanks for all of the responses - there are generally several possible causes of problems with an RV system. Peter.

PeterFTH is offline   Reply With Quote

slide, slideout, slideout problem, switch