Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2011, 08:29 PM   #1

Smallest Rexhall??

Hi,

I've located a 1995 Rexhall Aerbus Series M-S526 in great condition with only 32k miles. This coach is just 26'6" in length, but has an open floorplan that doesn't feel cramped. So far I haven't been able to find any information on this model on the web except for the NADA sheet. All systems check out and it has been well maintained. The coach has new tires, batteries, etc. The owner had a complete screened surround made for the main awning. The chassis is the desirable "W" series and the engine is a Ford 460. We're weekend campers with the occasional 1-2 week-long trip thrown in every year. Any feedback on this particular unit would be appreciated. I'm wondering if it was a short run (no pun intended) since I can't find any similar units. I'm thinking I can pick it up for about $10k. What do you think??

Thanks!

RW
Donzi8622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #2

We have an 04/Roseair which has been a great coach.... Why don't you phone Rexhall ( they have a 1-800 number you can get from their website) have them provide you with details of this unit. You will need the VIN.
Theirs is also a Rexhall owners group you can locate through a google search.

If you have trouble finding either group send me an email & I'll look them-up for you.
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #3

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give them a call. I failed to mention that this is a Class A coach. 26'6" isn't unusual in a Class C, but is kind of a cool in a Class A. It has great headroom and all-around visibility with the advantages of a short wheel-base.

RW
Old 08-23-2011, 06:05 PM   #4

We rented a coach just like this before buying a 1997 Rexhall Airbus 29'. Both coaches were very well built. We put 20,000 additional miles on the 29' and sold it only because of the bigger RV bug. WE took it into about 24 states and it never gave a minutes trouble.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:44 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall

Just curious Donzi, does it have a full bed in the rear, and if so is it a center bed or a side wall bed. I have seen some of those in the past and they are neat.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:37 PM   #6

Our 29' Rexair had a King in the center in the back. Nice layout. It was 30 amp and both AC's didn't work at the same time. I could have bought a workaround, but didn't. The newer ones may have one. It was before slides and we spent 3 months in it once and it got a little tight. I took our the dinette and replaced it with a French recliner and a folding table. It worked out very well. It was a great coach.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #7

This one has a full bed on the passenger side in back. The small bathroom sits in the back also, has a small shower and stool and is accessed by an angled door that opens into the bedroom aisle. The sink and vanity are in the bedroom aisle on the driver side. I had the coach inspected and it came through with some minor issues. There is an exhaust tick that is fairly loud during acceleration. 460s are known for this and I'm not sure how serious to take it. Could be it just needs tightened up or ???
All else is acceptable. Fiberglass is clean and crack free. 26,000 miles on the odometer (believe it or not). Single roof air blows cold. Refrig and heater need a cleaning but fire up. Tires are less than 2 years old and have very low miles. New batteries all around. Generator starts immediately. There's a full screen room and carpet for the main awning. It has the W chassis and air-bag shocks. Drives smooth and does not wander. Overall shape is lived in but well cared for. Retail book is $8,500. The RV tech and I agree with the condition and all I should pay no more than $10,000. Owner is frozen at $11,500. I have a modest income and can't afford a $350k Prevost. I feel like if I walk away I'll look for a long time to find anything better at this price. Your go or no-go advice is welcome! HELP!

RW
Old 08-24-2011, 06:06 PM   #8

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
This is a buyer's market with lots of rigs available. If you can't find what you want today at a price you can afford, there's always tomorrow. And the 'frozen' owner may thaw a bit the longer it's on the market.