Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2019, 01:44 PM   #57

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcumminsw View Post
Let me start out by saying I am a non-smoker and never have smoked, also I have contributed to this thread already.

But I do see all of the indignation about smokers not following the no smoking sign at a gas station when filling up! I am some what concerned about smoking at service stations, although I find this thread very humorous. Because I bet a dollar to a doughnut that most of you are talking on your cell phones or typing in to your GPS systems as you drive down the road and are distracted by these devices.

According to statics distracted driving is just as dangerous as drunk driving. More people are injured and killed by distracted drivers than smoking at a gas station! I am more worry about a distracted driver hitting me than someone smoking at a gas station.

Just my last $0.02.
Exactly. Smoking while pumping gas is retarded. But only because smoking is retarded by itself.

The risk to others from smoking at the gas pump is minimal. However, it will quicken the process of natural selection for that person. So, it's kind of a "give a little, get a lot" type situation.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2019, 01:50 PM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I think this thread is beginning to flame out.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:05 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcumminsw View Post
Let me start out by saying I am a non-smoker and never have smoked, also I have contributed to this thread already.

But I do see all of the indignation about smokers not following the no smoking sign at a gas station when filling up! I am some what concerned about smoking at service stations, although I find this thread very humorous. Because I bet a dollar to a doughnut that most of you are talking on your cell phones or typing in to your GPS systems as you drive down the road and are distracted by these devices.

According to statics distracted driving is just as dangerous as drunk driving. More people are injured and killed by distracted drivers than smoking at a gas station! I am more worry about a distracted driver hitting me than someone smoking at a gas station.

Just my last $0.02.

Rational Thinking is NOT allowed .....

Old 04-16-2019, 02:09 PM   #60
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
The topic is smoking and pumping gas, not distracted driving. Lets stay with one topic per thread please.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:14 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
The topic is smoking and pumping gas, not distracted driving. Lets stay with one topic per thread please.
Thanks Barmcd,

All,

I am the OP, how about we put this thread to bed.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:28 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
If the folks trying to rationalize their selfish, dangerous and illegal behaviors can't change the subject you've taken away one of their favorite intellectually dishonest debate tactics. I kinda enjoy seeing if they can come up with something new.
I hesitate to post the following link in case I'm wrong to expect them to not put the effort into learning new debate tactics. In any case it can be a two-edged sword as those 80%ers can more easily identify most intellectually dishonest debate tactics in popular usage by the 20%ers.

http://www.don-lindsay-archive.org/s...arguments.html
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
Old 04-16-2019, 03:42 PM   #63

Must of worked on that all day!......lol
Old 04-16-2019, 04:24 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Must of worked on that all day!......lol
Are you calling me "slow?"[emoji848]
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
Old 04-16-2019, 08:48 PM   #65

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here's how they deal with cigarette smokers at gas pumps in Bulgaria.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:56 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
Here's how they deal with cigarette smokers at gas pumps in Bulgaria.

When they won't listen ya gotta protect yourself and your customers somehow.[emoji41]
Old 04-18-2019, 02:36 PM   #67

Just wondering what Fire Fighting school you attejnded !
Old 04-18-2019, 02:41 PM   #68

Newmar Owners Club
The vapors will ignite at 300 degrees. That’s what ignites first
Old 04-18-2019, 02:41 PM   #69

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by frizfreleng View Post
What, a fiery show of your car? Also, you are dating yourself fellow sojourner. Up until the late 60's there were no self serve gas stations. Being a "pump jockey" was a good entry job into the labor market. Last I checked NJ was the only hold out that insisted their 17 year old rocket scientists pump your gas. Who knows, they may have also come over to the dark side. Not allowed to go into NJ.
What about RV's pulling in with fridges on propane and lit. They always tell you to shut them off when fueling, but how many actually do so?
Old 04-18-2019, 02:41 PM   #70

I wasn't trying to be a wise guy Biscuit, but having been a forestry and structure fire fighter they will tell you to never smoke around any flammable liquid or vapor !
Closed Thread

Tags
gas