Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #15

I don't smoke, and I really don't enjoy the smell of others smoking. That said, when friends and family join us at a campsite it is not unusual for the guys to sit around the fire and smoke a big ol cigar and enjoy some fine spirits. I do enjoy my spirits.
If you are uncomfortable with you campsite, it is your option to seek a different site.
A few weeks ago, we were at a lovely campsite where the neighbor informed us that he was "medically allergic" to dogs, of course we travel with two small dogs. The campground has a no pet area, and we had reserved a location which allowed pets. We did our best to keep our pets, children, grandchildren, and friends on our side of the imaginary line between sites.
Guess what I am saying is if you don't like others smoking outdoors in a campground you either have the wrong concept of vacation or you are camping in the wrong places. Stay near San Francisco and New York City.
JMHO

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #16
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Everyone speaks about "rights." Well, what rights? The right to indulge in smoking and in a place where others smoke? What about the right to breath clean air? It's a lose, lose situation where rights are violated no mater what happens. So what is the solution, not taking side but providing a solution.

Politely asking them if they could move their picnic table a few feet in either direction? Changing sites, even changing with them which would put their picnic side opposite but then bother the other neighbors? As previously stated, change schedule dates? Maybe even change campgrounds. I just think there are many solutions, one just needs to seek one that benefits all, or even just you.

Happy trails and good luck.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
I don't smoke tobacco either, but its legal. If'in ya don't like it, move. Its pretty much a no brainer to me. When you pick a CG where you're stacked up that close, there's going to be conflict.
yep, go to a bigger campground
Old 07-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by burfurd
Ya forgot the neighbors dogs and cats crapping under your camper and all over the campground also!

burfurd
And that effects you how? You sound like someone that should stay home in your own little world. Camping around NA is an experience, good and bad. It takes the right additude to enjoy, if you don't, you should try something else.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #19
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Just another in the LONG list of reasons why I prefer to boondock. Have you considered trying to find a quiet spot nearby? Hookups come at a very high price in terms of dollars and privacy.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you like wading through the dog crap then be my guest, all I'm saying is for pet owners to be responsible and pick up after their pets.

As far as staying home, NOPE!

burfurd
Old 07-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #21

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
And that effects you how? You sound like someone that should stay home in your own little world. Camping around NA is an experience, good and bad. It takes the right additude to enjoy if, if you don't, you should try something else.
Someone's pet craps under my MH, the owner had better be crawling under it with a plastic bag.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #22

sounds like its time for someone to put their big boy pants on and accept the world doesn't revolve around them! The fisherman are NOT breaking any laws nor breaking any campground rules!

On the flip....what happens if I camp next to you and don't like the smell of your aftershave or your wife's perfume? DO I go complain? heck NO!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:45 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrun View Post
Someone's pet craps under my MH, the owner had better be crawling under it with a plastic bag.
LOL!!!

Kathryn

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Old 07-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by burfurd
If you like wading through the dog crap then be my guest, all I'm saying is for pet owners to be responsible and pick up after their pets.

As far as staying home, NOPE!

burfurd
I have dogs and they dont leave my site. We clean up after them and I understand some dont. No CGs allow pets to run loose, so if loose animals are dumping on your site, you need to contact mgt. If they dont take take care of it, you are in the wrong CG.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole View Post
How would you handle this, and do you think a no smoking section in some campgrounds is warranted?
We don't camp where they pack you in like sardines... to where someone's cigarette smoke would come right in our windows. That sounds more like a RV parking lot than a true campground. I would look for another place to camp where there's more space between sites.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelheadbluesman View Post
Wow. There are lots of problems in campgrounds, that's for sure, from loud drunks to speeding kids on bicycles and skateboards, smokers, all-nighters, dopers, fighters, boring people, unresponsive managers, holier-than-thou neighbors, low voltage and water pressure either too high or too low, thieves, boomboxes and people who spit. It just ain't as easy as everybody told me, havin' all this fun in the RVing life. But, you know what? I'm still willing to put up with all of them, if they are willing to put up with me....
Right on!

Don't miss the religious fanatics out to save the souls of campers. They come complete with book-bag full of religious tracts and bibles.....
Old 07-20-2012, 11:11 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr

Right on!

Don't miss the religious fanatics out to save the souls of campers. They come complete with book-bag full of religious tracts and bibles.....
I keep all the Watchtower mags I get at home and take them with me. Then when I get an annoying neighbor, I hand them one
Old 07-20-2012, 11:20 PM   #28
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
If someone is smoking or has a smokey fire that affects us, I eat some beans and chocolate and than go fart in their in their site.

Closed Thread

Tags
campground