Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #57

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
I don't smoke tobacco either, but its legal. If'in ya don't like it, move. Its pretty much a no brainer to me. When you pick a CG where you're stacked up that close, there's going to be conflict.
Actually, in some states, and the number is growing. It is illegal to smoke in many places.. Depending on the state.

Restaurants are the first place they ban, and then doctor's offices and hospitals, Government buildings, and then all "public" buildings (Shopping malls, office buildings and such) some ban smoking on all private property save your own, and some outdoors as well.

So it might just be illegal, depending on the state. or the city/township/county within the state,, I think that "Any where except in the privacy of your own home" is a city law in one California city, but since I'm not affected by it I really don't know which one .
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #58

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Go to Wally World, buy an electric fan, open the window on the other side of your RV, and position the fan to blow out on the side of the smokers. This way you will have your fresh air from the other side. If this doesn't work, offer the use of the fan to the smokers to disperse the smoke away from you. Or start smoking yourself, if you can't beat em, join em.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
Last winter, the neighbor asked us to move our picnic tbale because we were smoking there and the smoke was going into her RV. We moved the table. Did we care???-- NO. IT IS NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL!

The permanant solution occurred a few months later-- We quit smoking!!
Good for you on both!!
Old 07-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #60

Thor Owners Club
Its always worrysome when more rules, more laws, more instructions seep into our lives. We live in a progressive state of "the nanny world", where we are told what we can do or not do. Dangerous slope to stand on.....Here we are debating about neighbours smoking and what to do......This kind of debate seems to go everywhere and no one uses common sense anymore or engage to resolve a problem....We look to government to make a law about this and that and before you know it you have no more rights or ways of making a choice because over time you lost it. Take this CG smoking debate.....taking it one step further maybe there should be a camp fire free section along with the no smoking area....and a pet free zone.....or an alcohol free area....The point I'm making is that everything which isn't illegal is part of the human/RV experience and makes life a little more interesting....you never remember the vanilla but we do remember the odd or different......and reasonable risk is ok other wise you may as well as stay home...wrap you and your love ones in bubble wrap and sit next to your heppa filter and drink filtered water
Old 07-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #61
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1609 View Post
Take this CG smoking debate.....taking it one step further maybe there should be a camp fire free section along with the no smoking area....and a pet free zone.....or an alcohol free area....The point I'm making is that everything which isn't illegal is part of the human/RV experience and makes life a little more interesting....you never remember the vanilla but we do remember the odd or different......and reasonable risk is ok other wise you may as well as stay home...wrap you and your love ones in bubble wrap and sit next to your heppa filter and drink filtered water
If we put the discussion of citizen "rights" aside for a moment... seems to me that free enterprise solves this issue over time if enough people are prone to want to camp where there are no.... fill in the blank, dogs, smoke, fires, etc.

If enough people are bothered by these things and complain, someone will open a park with these sections available and when word gets out... if they are popular, more parks will follow.

The system should work, over time, to provide what is in demand. This takes the "they want to take my rights away from me" argument out of it. On the other hand, if those wanting a respite from these things are truly in a small minority, then the problem will be theirs and theirs alone... unless government intervenes.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 07-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #62

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by stearn View Post
Maybe a fan blowing out the area, were the smoke is entering ?? Would switching lots with them get the smoking futher away??
The lot switching is a great idea.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #63

American Coach Owners Club
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1609 View Post
Its always worrysome when more rules, more laws, more instructions seep into our lives. We live in a progressive state of "the nanny world", where we are told what we can do or not do. Dangerous slope to stand on.....Here we are debating about neighbours smoking and what to do......This kind of debate seems to go everywhere and no one uses common sense anymore or engage to resolve a problem....We look to government to make a law about this and that and before you know it you have no more rights or ways of making a choice because over time you lost it. Take this CG smoking debate.....taking it one step further maybe there should be a camp fire free section along with the no smoking area....and a pet free zone.....or an alcohol free area....The point I'm making is that everything which isn't illegal is part of the human/RV experience and makes life a little more interesting....you never remember the vanilla but we do remember the odd or different......and reasonable risk is ok other wise you may as well as stay home...wrap you and your love ones in bubble wrap and sit next to your heppa filter and drink filtered water
Wa ! Wa! Wa !
I'm with Fred on this one myself. I've seem campers burn fires to the wee hours of the morning and never complained so Smoking whatever next to you is none of your business ! period !
By the way I Love the Smell of Diesel in the Morning ! Starting and leaving bitchy neighbors like you !
Old 07-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #64

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It's Perfume!

"By the way I Love the Smell of Diesel in the Morning ! "

When I start up either of my 2 diesels I often say 'What's that sound?' and my DW answers 'It's music!'.

When I say 'What's that smell?' she replies 'It's perfume!'.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA225 View Post
Wa ! Wa! Wa !
I'm with Fred on this one myself. I've seem campers burn fires to the wee hours of the morning and never complained so Smoking whatever next to you is none of your business ! period !
By the way I Love the Smell of Diesel in the Morning ! Starting and leaving bitchy neighbors like you !
Couldn't have said it better myself. Some are never happy with anything unless it's what they like. Period. Maybe they should open a campground for oddballs. Naw....they would gripe about each other before it was over.

Like I said, "Quit camping and report to the retirement home". There will be no more campfire smoke, children running and having a good time and fishermen trying to bond with the little time they have before it's time to go back and deal with the whinners...
Old 07-21-2012, 07:48 PM   #66

Lets see now. Smoking and second hand smoke causes cancer but I have no right to limit the use of a cancer causing weed around my person. Your right to smoke stops at my nose. Smoking stinks and I had to tolerate it for many years in the workplace until "the government" stepped in and said "no more".
To those of you who feel that your rights have been "stepped on" I can only say tough s. Well you can fill in the rest.

Mike
Old 07-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn.Mike View Post
Lets see now. Smoking and second hand smoke causes cancer but I have no right to limit the use of a cancer causing weed around my person. Your right to smoke stops at my nose. Smoking stinks and I had to tolerate it for many years in the workplace until "the government" stepped in and said "no more".
To those of you who feel that your rights have been "stepped on" I can only say tough s. Well you can fill in the rest.

Mike
Easy solution for Mike the Mountain Man// Stay at home!
Old 07-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #68

We all need to reread the OP's 1st post. It doesn't appear smoking is an issue....he has made sure to tell all of us that he was at an "upscale" campground and that a "smaller" RV was parked next to him. He is wanting us to know he was in an upscale CG and his RV is bigger than his neighbors. Sounds like gloating to me!
Old 07-22-2012, 12:10 AM   #69

Solo Rvers Club
In all seriousness, I spend a lot of time in forested Pacific Northwest CGs, and on the weekends all the valley folks fill the place up and they all want campfires, and I mean ALL of them. Most are burning wet or unseasoned wood, so the smoke gets so bad you can hardly see your neighboring rigs! The air quality sucks, if there's no breeze it smells lousy, and there have been times I've just stayed inside my rig. BUT.... We don't need to outlaw campfires.

Consider.... All those kids are out there learning to roast hotdogs and marshmallows, people are telling stories, older folks are cooking and sharing food, some are listening to a little (hopefully soft) music, doing the family things, doing the parent-child bonding thing, all to the good for everyone else as well, meaning good for our society. You get my drift....

Everybody's just trying to have a little fun and share some good values in an otherwise uptight world. But not everyone does it exactly right....

I'm a fulltimer so I can enjoy the 'quiet excitement' of RV living twelve months of the year. Most of these other folks just get to have weekends or a vacation. And, of course, CGs get a lot of summertime use with the 'hurry up and have fun' crowd. So, I think those of us fortunate enough to be here a lot, should be somewhat tolerant of the sometimes noisy, loud and smelly folks having their fun around us.... Many of them are cramming a lot of experiences into a short time. Then they are gone.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:23 AM   #70

Steel, GREAT way of thinking. It is nice to know some still love thy neighbor instead of just thinking about themselves
World would be SO much better off is everyone thought as you do!!

Tags
campground