Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2012, 02:20 AM   #71

Well I DO smoke and I am sick and tired of people infringing on me with their will.If they don't like it pack it in and go home,sell everything off,and live in a sealed box the rest of your life.I have every right to enjoy camping and the outdoors as much as the next person.Note to yourself the OUTDOORS,for god's sake how huge can that get??. It's all in your head!!!!. Make a appointment with Dr Phil because the issues you have are YOURS.Man up!!!.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2012, 03:41 AM   #72

Atta go guys.....brilliant defense of campground a--holes, boorish behavior & insensitive actions. Keep up the good work.

PS...also enjoying the bullying of anyone in this post who dares to expect some degree of civility & respect while enjoying the RV lifestyle. I know, I know...shut-up and stay home.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #73

Tit for tat.Let's say where going to take away all cell phone use outside of your home with a foundation.It is for the "greater good" of all of us for the following reasons:No more texting and driving or talking while driving,I do think enough is said about that,to improve your parenting skills so your not ignoring moments that a gone by all too fast,Lord knows our children need our undivided attention,to become a better pet owner,for the same reasons given as parenting,to prevent brain cancer from cell phone use,still isn't a unproven fact,to prevent rude use in public,cell phones is the scourge of our society,to wake you up in this life you get one chance to live it AS YOU CHOOSE.

Now we have taken away one of your personal rights too....................."big brother"????...............:ma d:

But do remember this.I am the one who stops when you broken down on the road.The first one to help.

People take their agendas to extremes.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:11 AM   #74

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Now, while I think smoking is one of the stupidest things ever invented for all the reasons that I won't iterate here, I defend the right for people to make stupid decisions, as long as others not affected by those stupid decisions. You want to drive drunk? No problem, just make sure no one is in the car with you, you have no one that cares for you and you are on a closed road with no one else on it. Same goes for riding your Harley without a helmet. Same goes for smoking. Not only does it stink, even second hand smoke is known to increase the rate of cancer to those around them. So when does your right to smoke extend to your right to physically affect my personal life?

Looking back on my OP, maybe I had a bad day and was venting, knowing that probably there was no good solution.

Several of you tried to offer rational solutions, others were just offering some humor in an otherwise dull world, yet some of you chose to make personal attacks, not knowing me personally.

And to SC2383, my 10 year old gasser pales in comparison to most DPs in the CG, my point of noting my neighbors smaller (and newer) RV was to explain why they spent most of their time outside.

Hey, religion and politics are out, so we need something to fire up this group once in a while! (No pun intended )
Old 07-22-2012, 07:28 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
Atta go guys.....brilliant defense of campground a--holes, boorish behavior & insensitive actions. Keep up the good work.

PS...also enjoying the bullying of anyone in this post who dares to expect some degree of civility & respect while enjoying the RV lifestyle. I know, I know...shut-up and stay home.

Keep hugging those trees and NO ONE will be able to break a starter branch to light our fires. You kill me with your soapbox "civility & respect" garbage. Lighten up and allow people to enjoy the outdoors, that's all that's left after the enviriomentalist chop up our rights. Does that stike "home" by any chance?
Old 07-22-2012, 07:31 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc3283 View Post
We all need to reread the OP's 1st post. It doesn't appear smoking is an issue....he has made sure to tell all of us that he was at an "upscale" campground and that a "smaller" RV was parked next to him. He is wanting us to know he was in an upscale CG and his RV is bigger than his neighbors. Sounds like gloating to me!

Another look at me and what I have, while I tell you what you must do because I have more than you do!
Old 07-22-2012, 07:35 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Actually, in some states, and the number is growing. It is illegal to smoke in many places.. Depending on the state.

Restaurants are the first place they ban, and then doctor's offices and hospitals, Government buildings, and then all "public" buildings (Shopping malls, office buildings and such) some ban smoking on all private property save your own, and some outdoors as well.

So it might just be illegal, depending on the state. or the city/township/county within the state,, I think that "Any where except in the privacy of your own home" is a city law in one California city, but since I'm not affected by it I really don't know which one .
Maybe you could just buy a "Genturi" and head mount it on all the people around you and it wouldn't matter if they smoke or build campfires, well you get the picture.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #78
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole
Now, while I think smoking is one of the stupidest things ever invented for all the reasons that I won't iterate here, I defend the right for people to make stupid decisions, as long as others not affected by those stupid decisions. You want to drive drunk? No problem, just make sure no one is in the car with you, you have no one that cares for you and you are on a closed road with no one else on it. Same goes for riding your Harley without a helmet. Same goes for smoking. Not only does it stink, even second hand smoke is known to increase the rate of cancer to those around them. So when does your right to smoke extend to your right to physically affect my personal life?

Looking back on my OP, maybe I had a bad day and was venting, knowing that probably there was no good solution.

Several of you tried to offer rational solutions, others were just offering some humor in an otherwise dull world, yet some of you chose to make personal attacks, not knowing me personally.

And to SC2383, my 10 year old gasser pales in comparison to most DPs in the CG, my point of noting my neighbors smaller (and newer) RV was to explain why they spent most of their time outside.

Hey, religion and politics are out, so we need something to fire up this group once in a while! (No pun intended )
And we all know you can't fix stupid, now for evident reasons hence as one poster said more legislation to cage them in so they don't infringe on other people.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:50 AM   #79

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Just be patient. "On average, adults who smoke cigarettes die 14 years earlier than nonsmokers" (source-CDC) You will outlast them.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #80

Smoking is just a vile habit all around. I don't feel the need to tell you NOT to smoke around me or the family, I'll just move. That's how I "man up" as some of you stated.
When my wife was pregnant, she could not tolerate second hand smoke. It made her sick and vomit at times. Of course normal reaction is to get angry at the perpetrators, but a cooler head prevails once you sit back and analyze the situation.
But we need to put ourselves in the other person's shoes so we don't go off half-cocked and make personal attacks on one another.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #81

Our roof fans are reversible. That might help next time.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #82

Click image for larger version

Name:	iRV2 serenity prayer.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	23824

Closed Thread

Tags
campground