Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2015, 10:32 AM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
I dislike Snobby RV parks even less than they like me, (and/or my 19 year old coach).
There are thousands of RV parks without ridiculous, (aka: ELITIST), rules.
I choose to spend my $$ where they are wanted and appreciated.
Mel
'96 Safari
Without rules being followed you get dogs and drunks from hell sometimes!.....Wish it was class A only!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	91129  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2015, 10:41 AM   #142

So, I've been reading this thread since it began. This one and one other recently criticizing outdoor resort type parks have both really bothered me. I keep rereading the OP trying to figure out the intent of the post.

Is it an RV park review? Then why not just say that the park does a poor job of gathering information in it's reservation process that caused real inconvenience to the OP and if you want to stay there be sure you meet their criteria before you make your reservation. Rate them one star.

Was the intent to start a political discussion? Then success!

Or was it an opportunity to engage in the name calling that has become so common these days on social media? This is where I think I have my problem. And I admit it's my problem, not the OP's. Why do we insist upon labeling people that have a different preference, opinion or lifestyle as "snobs" or " elitist" or even "haters"?

The RV community is probably the most diverse community I have ever been a part of. You may have anything from an inexpensive pop-up TT to a million dollar motorhome and you are part of this community. You may choose to use your RV to camp in the wilderness or stay in a luxury RV resorts or even live in it full time and you are part of this community. TT or motorhome we share many of the same challenges and great experiences. In the short time (3years) my DH and I have been part of this community, we have only met people that would give you the shirt off their back if they thought you needed it and we stay in all types of places, campgrounds, resorts and occasionally luxury Motorcoach resorts when we meet the criteria. We have yet to meet any snobs.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:44 AM   #143

Loving this thread, the upper crust at its finest trying to justify exclusion. I would never consider staying in a place like that, who would want to associate with people who would. Because I have money that makes me a better person, I have found that to be exactly the opposite of how it is. Thus the need for parks such as this
Old 04-11-2015, 10:48 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarsti View Post

I feel that he was being rude by creating noise pollution for everyone in the vicinity, including the people that had nothing to do with the situation. Noise pollution is all-inclusive.
What noise was he making?
Old 04-11-2015, 10:55 AM   #145

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
What noise was he making?
PM the OP. He did not go into detail. Only that he made as much noise as he could.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:16 AM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by az bound View Post
PM the OP. He did not go into detail. Only that he made as much noise as he could.
I assumed the person who called the op rude had more detail then was posted.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:24 AM   #147

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89sandman View Post
Loving this thread, the upper crust at its finest trying to justify exclusion. I would never consider staying in a place like that, who would want to associate with people who would. Because I have money that makes me a better person, I have found that to be exactly the opposite of how it is. Thus the need for parks such as this
I don't agree. If it is as you say then you have defined everyone with a class A over 25 feet as upper crust. I represent that remark but . . .

I do not go to restaurants that require jacket and tie,
I do not go to night clubs that refuse jeans,
I do not belong to clubs that admit based on income or social status,
etc.

Yes, I would stay there if it suited my purpose. Same as I would stay in any location that will accept me, if it suits my purpose. Many state parks will not accept me because of length. But I could get into many of their lots if they would let me try.

You may not want to associate with me but that would be your loss.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:30 AM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
I don't agree. If it is as you say then you have defined everyone with a class A over 25 feet as upper crust. I represent that remark but . . .

I do not go to restaurants that require jacket and tie,
I do not go to night clubs that refuse jeans,
I do not belong to clubs that admit based on income or social status,
etc.

Yes, I would stay there if it suited my purpose. Same as I would stay in any location that will accept me, if it suits my purpose. Many state parks will not accept me because of length. But I could get into many of their lots if they would let me try.

You may not want to associate with me but that would be your loss.
X2 Gordon, well said, that about sums it up it's all about choices in life and what values you place on those choices. We are about the same in thought, and I don't like going out to eat if I have to dress up, it's not about the cost it's about the comfort. And we don't throw the "discrimination" flag and just go somewhere we are comfortable with.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:41 AM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89sandman View Post

Just to clarify, the park is one where the lots are owned by individuals. Many of these folks have paid several hundred thousand dollars for their respective lots and have paid a great deal to have those lots improved with things like stamped concrete, landscaping and more. Apparently there is a group that thinks that someone who has made this type of investment has absolutely no right to try to protect that investment. If the owners feel that an 'A' only atmosphere helps to protect their investment what right does anyone else have to change that?

Is this policy exclusionary? Of course it is, but we all have things that make us exclusionary or discriminatory if you prefer. I like kids but I have no problem going to an adults only resort. Is that exclusionary or even discriminatory? You bet it is, but it is also my RIGHT to do that if I so decide. At the same token it is the rights of others to not go to a particular resort or RV park if they don't like the rules. Is it elitist? I hardly think that it is being elitist to want to protect one's own investment.

Generally speaking RVer's are the least judgmental folks I have been around. Those that have invested a great deal in their respective lots are not being elitist in just wanting to protect their investments just like those that live in developments that have homeowners associations are doing nothing other than establishing guidelines to protect their investments.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:45 AM   #150

So only travel trailer owners or toy hauler owners can be drunks or bad neighbors? I have a corporate sponsored TT, and the 4+ year tour I am on has only positive motives. I promise you I am quieter in my 33' toy hauler than most rv'ers. I don't drink often and I was raised with manners. Your "I wish it was class A only" statement is what brings out the snob comments.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:14 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by qchair62 View Post
So only travel trailer owners or toy hauler owners can be drunks or bad neighbors? I have a corporate sponsored TT, and the 4+ year tour I am on has only positive motives. I promise you I am quieter in my 33' toy hauler than most rv'ers. I don't drink often and I was raised with manners. Your "I wish it was class A only" statement is what brings out the snob comments.
Really?? it was more about the 4 dogs tied up on ropes that barked at everyone walking by headed to the dog park with their dogs, including me......laundry hanging off their truck....I don't care what you have or don't have. I started in a home made RV from a bread truck! I'm a drunk too, just ask my wife

BTW I happen to own at a Class A only resort and they watch the rules very closely.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:23 PM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by qchair62 View Post
The I wish it were all class A comment was pretty bad. The park isnt snooty they are just catering to snootys.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:28 PM   #153

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Dang rub some salt on it ! I means don't rubs some salt on it ya'll !
Safe-T-Plus
Old 04-11-2015, 12:30 PM   #154

Being a drunk is no excuse.