Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2015, 01:13 AM   #71

Tiffin Owners Club
I'm making myself a promise to be more organized, ask more questions before booking, and making our trips more pleasant by finding nice, friendly people to be around. Makes for a more fun trip.

Unfortunately, on any given day, you may come across someone who likes rules a bit too much, maybe in a bad mood, and that's hard to take after driving all day, when tired and needing to rest. The poster had called and made reservations, so it is frustrating to find you drove the extra mile and then wasn't welcome!

I never once had a place turn my "C" down! This is news to me....
there can be incidences one makes exception to rules in order to promote business showing they care about their clients and reputation. Not everywhere, though. Sorry this happened to you.

480w Go Power solar
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2015, 02:14 AM   #72

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 336muffin View Post
Prevosts are not 50ft, they are 45ft.
Well having not owned one..... But I have seen them advertised to be up to 50' although I know 43-45 is common. There is one on two longer on RVT claiming to be 46 & 47 ft and a Newmar claiming to be 49.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Don't need a "rational" reason! Their property, their rules.

If people here are so worried about it then call and ask what their rational is rather than speculating about it. Probably they don't even care about what you think about it.
100% correct sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
They own the facility. If they want say only blue RV's are allowed, that's their privilege. Get over it. It's a big world and someone else will be happy to take your money.
Again, 100% correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOwl View Post
I'm making myself a promise to be more organized, ask more questions before booking, and making our trips more pleasant by finding nice, friendly people to be around. Makes for a more fun trip.
A novel idea to some.

This park is actually more like a housing development without the houses. Most of the lots are actually owned by RV'ers and the have CC&R's like a condo would. The owners of the lots allow the park to rent out the spaces when they are not gong to be there. Offsets the cost of owning the lot.

So........... it would seem the place has multiple owners and they have all agreed on the rules. Keeps the property values up should they choose to sell their lot.

Besides, bottom line is you are a guest when you stay in a park unless you own the slab. As a guest you accept the rules or you leave. To argue anything else only shows you have no respect for the rights of others if they interfere with your desire. If your that person, I don't want you as my neighbor in an RV park, campground or my S&B.

1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2 | YouTube | Twitter
Old 04-10-2015, 02:47 AM   #73

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
..........{Edit} Besides, bottom line is you are a guest when you stay in a park unless you own the slab. As a guest you accept the rules or you leave. To argue anything else only shows you have no respect for the rights of others if they interfere with your desire. If your that person, I don't want you as my neighbor in an RV park, campground or my S&B.
I agree with those that uphold the property owner's rights to establish rules within legal limits. I also agree with 99% of the posts I've read from Old Car Nut.... except for the post quoted above with emphasis I added.

I lease both commercial and residential property as a property owner. Conversely, I have stayed in my share of RV parks, condo's, time shares, cruise ships, and other rental properties as a paying customer. I don't consider my tenants "guests" nor do the Statutes of the State of Texas. Additionally, I don't consider myself a "guest" when I'm paying for the lease of property... regardless of term of the lease/rental agreement, and accept that I'm bound by the laws regarding tenancy and the specific rules of the facility.

Perhaps I misunderstood the crux of the "guest" reference?
Old 04-10-2015, 03:23 AM   #74

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderfoot View Post
Perhaps I misunderstood the crux of the "guest" reference?

In the context of in a park or on my private land. In the hospitality industry all customers are called guests. If you are on my land you are a guest unless we change your status to resident for some reason.

Commercial lease or lease of a residence are altogether different and so are the laws, however you can restrict pets can you not? You can have terms to the lease, correct? No RV's? In-Op vehicles for extended periods?

Now if there was discrimination that falls under race, creed, color, faith et al that are well established, the laws on that apply in all cases but one. My personal land not operating a business. Not that I would personally use any of those. My only bias when it comes to people are manners and that you have no intent to cause me harm. OK, I don't like moochers and looters either, but then that would be harm.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:25 AM   #75

Legally the owner can do what they want. But anyone who says it isn't snobbery or discrimination obviously don't know the meaning of the words! I think it is a shame that people think discrimination is ok as long as they are not one being discriminated against.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:22 AM   #76

I think things are going way out of the context of what occurred. The park is one that is mostly owned by the various lot owners which makes the park much like any homeowners association. There are rules with any homeowners association which are meant to protect the property values of all who own there. If you consider that to be snobbish and discriminatory then so be it. Apparently any rules will be considered to be snobbish. Some parks don't allow dogs or no dogs over 30 pounds or no more than 2 dogs, or so on.

Rules are created by the park owners/association to protect their investment so those rules should be respected and then just move on to someplace where you fit within their guidelines. National or state parks don't allow rigs over 40 feet in many places. Is that discriminatory or snobbish? It's just rules and if those rules ruffle someone's feathers then they should just move on to somewhere that the rules fit within their parameters. Pretty simple really.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:35 AM   #77
Senior Member - DIYer

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
"General discussions of politics, general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion are not allowed in ANY areas of iRV2. Discussions about current or pending legislation or regulations, weapons and religion that directly pertain to RVing are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they wander off topic or become disruptive."

Thanks
And if you don't like the rules, go some where else and post.

It won't do MACH 2, but I can get a sandwich and take a pee.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:07 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorPro View Post
Legally the owner can do what they want. But anyone who says it isn't snobbery or discrimination obviously don't know the meaning of the words!
Well said. And then we have the so called "hospitality" business which doesn't acknowledge the difference between a customer and a guest; like the garbage industry PR people that have convinced the public to call dumps "landfills"--as though they were filling land, not dumping garbage. I guess they want to put the public in mind of the Dutch reclaiming the sea or Caesar wanting to fill the Pontine Marshes to rid Rome of malaria (something not done until Mussolini). As though ridding us of garbage isn't a beneficial thing in itself, no apologies or euphemisms needed.

In any event when I use a hotel or campground I consider myself a customer, not a guest, and feel vaguely insulted to be considered a "guest"--if I'm a guest why are you charging me? I'm not a childish fool, I'm fine being a customer.

Then you have the apologists who call gambling "gaming". Don't get me started. ;-)

I feel better now.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:48 AM   #79

iRV2 No Limits Club
The fact that they NEED a dress code spelled out would bother me.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:48 AM   #80

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorPro View Post
Legally the owner can do what they want. But anyone who says it isn't snobbery or discrimination obviously don't know the meaning of the words! I think it is a shame that people think discrimination is ok as long as they are not one being discriminated against.
So its snobbery to want your neighbor to keep his property well groomed rather than a let it go? We are talking matters of property value here. Are you willing to take a 10-20% hit when you sell your home because the neighbor never mows his lawn or paints his house in garish colors? Housing developments have similar rules to this park all over the country for the same reasons this park does. No one calls that snobby or discrimination.

Some people struggle with the proper use and meaning of words because they have been distorted by people with an agenda and a news media more concerned with eyeballs on the screen than facts for a very long time. Big difference between discrimination and being discriminating. You cant be discriminatory against a object. You can be however towards people and I don't see that in the rules, do you?

So please, let us not equate these park rules with something like "We don't serve your kind" or whites only from the 50's by using the word discrimination. I'm reasonably certain that no one who owns a lot in this park sees someone with a class c or b rig as inferior or of a lower class. Plenty of low class people in million dollar class a's too as I am also certain many here could attest. There are some that own private jets too. Money does not give you class. Just take a look at some lottery winners. EEK! Some of the classiest as well as snobbish people I know are poor as a church mouse.

We do not have a class a, yet. Our only motorhome has been a class c. An old 1984 Georgie Boy Dodge chassis we paid $1500 for and rebuilt it inside and out. It didn't look that old cosmetically when were done. We were not allowed in many parks because of age or rv class. We didn't and still dont have an issue with that. The class a's we are shopping for wont pass the 10 year rule despite the fact it will be well kept inside and out. So what? Neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket.

Lastly, isn't disparaging this park because you don't like their rules it's own form of snobbery? Get the rich guy is it? Brilliant. Myself I'd rather get my back up over the fact that the high fructose corn syrup is killing us all or that our schools systems are churning out people who cant make change at a cash register if you throw coins up on the counter at the last second.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:56 AM   #81
1977-2006

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
The fact that they NEED a dress code spelled out would bother me.
Written or intuitive, every park and campground has one.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:21 AM   #82
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
our schools systems are churning out people who cant make change at a cash register if you throw coins up on the counter at the last second.
Now that's a discussion worth participating in
See My RV Upgrades
Old 04-10-2015, 10:30 AM   #83

Monaco Owners Club
So you made me look. I just pulled the title on mine, and here's what it says:
Year model: 2014. Make of vehicle: Four. Body style: MH. Weight: 16400. There's nothing on here that says Class A, Class C, Super C, etc., so I'm not sure how a manufacturer can say "they are titled as class A".
Old 04-10-2015, 11:18 AM   #84

Quote:
So its snobbery to want your neighbor to keep his property well groomed rather than a let it go? We are talking matters of property value here. Are you willing to take a 10-20% hit when you sell your home because the neighbor never mows his lawn or paints his house in garish colors?
Caring what your neighbor does with his property pretty much defines snobbery to me. Nor is your neighbor responsible for your property values, and it's an infringement on his liberty (as well as a government interference with the free market) to force your neighbor to abide by your notions of propriety for <your> financial benefit. Take some personal responsibility.