Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-10-2015, 11:21 AM   #85
Senior Member
 
Old Car Nut's Avatar


 
Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Woodward, OK
Posts: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
So you made me look. I just pulled the title on mine, and here's what it says:
Year model: 2014. Make of vehicle: Four. Body style: MH. Weight: 16400. There's nothing on here that says Class A, Class C, Super C, etc., so I'm not sure how a manufacturer can say "they are titled as class A".
Perhaps because not all info the state has about your vehicle is printed on the title. There is other federal paperwork tied to your VIN that you likely don't have copies of that spells out lots of things more specific about your RV. Like the appliances it was built with and how those comply with federal statutes at the time of manufacture. Your title does not say how long you are does it? But they do know if they look you up in the computer.

Titles also vary by state. I have one in front of me from WA and one from CT. Several more data points printed on the WA title, like fuel type that are not on the CT one.

I'd could go on but drifting off the main topic a bit and I have done plenty of that. Thank you mods for giving me some leeway there.
__________________

__________________
Jay Devereaux
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2 | YouTube | Twitter
Old Car Nut is offline  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2015, 11:33 AM   #86
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Western NY
Posts: 2,801
Let's see if I can sum up the preceding six pages of this thread. What are one person's rights are snobbish to another person. Having restrictions is just rules to be followed to some and discriminatory to others. Does that about do it?
__________________

__________________
2011 Berkshire 390bh (traded) 2018.5 Entegra Aspire 44R on order
wnytaxman is offline  
Old 04-10-2015, 11:34 AM   #87
1977-2006
 
USMCRET's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Let's see if I can sum up the preceding six pages of this thread. What are one person's rights are snobbish to another person. Having restrictions is just rules to be followed to some and discriminatory to others. Does that about do it?


This has been a very odd thread indeed.
__________________
2005 Newmar KSDP 3910
ISC on a Spartan
USMCRET is offline  
Old 04-10-2015, 11:35 AM   #88
Senior Member
 
bullheaded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 980
Maybe.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seafood festival 2013.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	265.2 KB
ID:	91046  
__________________
2014 King Aire 4593
24' Stacker w/toys = 75' of fun
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bullheaded is offline  
Old 04-10-2015, 11:55 AM   #89
Senior Member
 
bulldog2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 260
hey at least U know who,s camping there
__________________
bulldog2 is offline  
Old 04-10-2015, 12:02 PM   #90
Moderator Emeritus
 
RickO's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Litchfield Park, Arizona
Posts: 10,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBadger View Post
Interesting that no one seems willing to admit that there is no rational reason for the park to restrict their clientèle to Class A's. Its not as though the hook-ups won't fit a Class C or a 5ver, or the concrete pads will be too hard.

Its clear the park wants to restrict itself to new, expensive rigs with owners that have a lot of disposable income, either because they believe they'll get a higher "class" of people or because its their way of justifying overcharging for a 20x60 foot chunk of pavement.

Of course its snobbery, economic if not social. And of course the owners are perfectly entitled do whatever they wish with their property. I just find it interesting that no one is willing to admit the bias. Because they buy into the snobbery too?
I think all of these objective observations are correct... but drawing the conclusion that it is "snobbery" is subjective.

I'm surprised that nobody has focused on the point that this isn't just a run of the mill RV park/campground, but rather an association made up of individually owned and developed RV sites. Think condo association. These individual owners paid as much as several hundred thousand dollars to ensure that they had the kind of environment they wanted when staying there.

They made their site purchases under the belief that the environmental rules would be enforced and would probably raise holy heck if the person at the front desk began bending those rules.

The comment was made that people who like HOAs would probably love this place and I believe that is true. Personally, I like both. Naturally, everyone is free to think that these types of restrictions (as well as stick houses located in gated communities) constitutes snobbery but care should be taken so as to not aggressively defend the rights of one set of folks (campers) while ignoring the rights of others (site owners).

Rick
__________________
Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline  
Old 04-10-2015, 12:04 PM   #91
Senior Member
 
Gordon Dewald's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,164
Just like any development it is obvious the park or homeowners association has a "builders caveat" on the land within their control. Bring the correct house or find another lot to sit on.

It is simply a fact, not discrimination or snobbery.
__________________
Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is online now  
Old 04-10-2015, 12:19 PM   #92
Senior Member
 
Old Car Nut's Avatar


 
Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Woodward, OK
Posts: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
I think all of these objective observations are correct... but drawing the conclusion that it is "snobbery" is subjective.

I'm surprised that nobody has focused on the point that this isn't just a run of the mill RV park/campground, but rather an association made up of individually owned and developed RV sites. Think condo association. These individual owners paid as much as several hundred thousand dollars to ensure that they had the kind of environment they wanted when staying there.

They made their site purchases under the belief that the environmental rules would be enforced and would probably raise holy heck if the person at the front desk began bending those rules.

The comment was made that people who like HOAs would probably love this place and I believe that is true. Personally, I like both. Naturally, everyone is free to think that these types of restrictions (as well as stick houses located in gated communities) constitutes snobbery but care should be taken so as to not aggressively defend the rights of one set of folks (campers) while ignoring the rights of others (site owners).

Rick
Well I have, several times. Thanks for joining in.
__________________
Jay Devereaux
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2 | YouTube | Twitter
Old Car Nut is offline  
Old 04-10-2015, 12:44 PM   #93
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Western New York
Posts: 517
Well if the park is like a condo or hmo park then all of their marketing and advertising should be slated towards that. Something to the fact of saying "A private class A motor home resort". But they like to take in the road weary monies too. I'm with the OP on this any anyone else that called it snobbery. They should have on their reservation form the amount one paid for their "class A" more so than the type of rig because that is what they are looking to attract, the monied folks. Of course this is their prerogative and I get the whole spiel about they can do with their land what they see fit. Just make it clear who you want, and who you don't in plain bold letters and again with the notation of how much you paid for your rig. That way every day folks such as myself know at a glance to avoid resorts (certainly not campground) like this.
__________________
vincee is offline  
Old 04-10-2015, 12:45 PM   #94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: St. Augustine
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post

It is simply a fact, not discrimination or snobbery.
It's a fact that such policies are intended to discriminate. One thing that cracks me up about modern Americans is their wish to discriminate by social class while at the same time being unwilling to forthrightly admit that's what they're up to. And even being unwilling to admit that social classes exist--we're all middle class, right? ;-) When I describe myself as working class some people look at me like I'm Trotsky or something.
__________________
Menendez is offline  
Old 04-10-2015, 01:08 PM   #95
Senior Member
 
Brockx's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Punta Gorda FL.
Posts: 2,631
Now if you get tossed out of here you may have a legitimate complaint.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	redneck-mansion.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	296.7 KB
ID:	91047  
__________________
2008 Bounder 38P F53 24/30K V10, 2013 Kia Soul Basic 6 speed manual, Ready Brake Elite tow system (previous equipment 1996 Pace Arrow Vision w/Acme Dolly)
Brockx is offline  
Old 04-10-2015, 01:21 PM   #96
Senior Member
 
Old Car Nut's Avatar


 
Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Woodward, OK
Posts: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menendez View Post
It's a fact that such policies are intended to discriminate. One thing that cracks me up about modern Americans is their wish to discriminate by social class while at the same time being unwilling to forthrightly admit that's what they're up to. And even being unwilling to admit that social classes exist--we're all middle class, right? ;-) When I describe myself as working class some people look at me like I'm Trotsky or something.
Could be what else they hear you say. This post does.
__________________
Jay Devereaux
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2 | YouTube | Twitter
Old Car Nut is offline  
Old 04-10-2015, 01:23 PM   #97
Senior Member
 
wa8yxm's Avatar
 
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 22,816
There are many parks that, it appears, have so much business they need to turn customers away... So, my recommendation is that you help these parks by posting their names, addresses and discrimination policy to as many RV forums as you can, Facebook, Twittr, instagram and so on,,, Let the world know why you were refused parking.

That way I and others like me can save them the trouble of deciding if we are fit to park there,,, And perhaps.. if enough of use do that... They will not be so... Discriminating... in the future. (or even in business) .
__________________
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline  
Old 04-10-2015, 01:26 PM   #98
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Western New York
Posts: 517
Well said Menendez!
__________________

__________________
vincee is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another negative recommendation of an RV Park Medico Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 27 09-02-2014 09:49 AM
Park Brake system failure on a W24 chassis Knightly Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum 9 08-04-2014 01:35 PM
Low Air presure - Park Brake iamduane Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 15 05-07-2014 05:49 PM
State Park in Florida myshaggydog Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 0 02-23-2014 03:26 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.