Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-10-2015, 04:51 PM   #113
Snobby RV park

I've read all of these posts & find it funny how polarizing people can be . People think there view is right, & if you do t agree , than your completely wrong.
While the OP really had no reason to be upset, he was I fact in the wrong , he does have the right to view them as snobs.
The park owner is 100% in the right for having they're rules. It's they're property. They want to attract a certain clientele , hoping to keep the cousin Eddies away.
Does that mean they're snobs ? No
Does the OP have the right to think they're snobs ? Yes
Welcome to America

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2015, 07:03 PM   #114
Winnebago Owners Club

Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
I've read all of these posts & find it funny how polarizing people can be . People think there view is right, & if you do t agree , than your completely wrong.
While the OP really had no reason to be upset, he was I fact in the wrong , he does have the right to view them as snobs.
The park owner is 100% in the right for having they're rules. It's they're property. They want to attract a certain clientele , hoping to keep the cousin Eddies away.
Does that mean they're snobs ? No
Does the OP have the right to think they're snobs ? Yes
Welcome to America
When the ability to put forward rational and logical arguements is expended there is a move to put labels on a situation which you cannot overcome.

Unfortunately there is generally a stigma of some sort attached to the label. Arguements like "Oh - you are one of those people", do little to move the discussion forward and simply make everyone defensive.

In the case of this thread the OP was offended by the dismissal of his unit. While the unit is very nice and appropriate for a lot of conditions it did not meet the criteria for the rv park. I am sure I would have been offended if someone thought my unit was not good enough to stay there if I had encountered the situation.

Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Old 04-10-2015, 07:27 PM   #115
the op had the ability to know prior to booking. his lack of research is not their problem. he should only be offended at himself. when leaving showed his true colors.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:54 PM   #116
Funny thing is I live in a small resource based town stuck looking out on the mountains over an ocean full of whales and fish...

Town had the same mayor for 50 years and no real thought to neighbourhoods..... We have houses worth top dollar beside lots with mobile homes on them... some lawn cut some lawns with spare cars parked on them... funny thing is houses sell based on their condition and seems to be no effect of the neighbours...

We can park on the roads full time (unless it needs plowed).... their are boats, RVs, trailers, dirt bikes, trucks parked in front... no one really seems to care...

AND IT DOES NOT EFFECT PROPERTY VALUES... my neighbours grass does not effect my house... and personally I think my neighbour deserves the freedom to choose fishing or lawn cutting...

Not arguing that private property or public property do not have rights to set rules... but the saying this rule is not discrimination or snobbery is just not true... but they still have the right...

And personally I will not stay anywhere I have to wear a shirt swimming
Old 04-10-2015, 11:00 PM   #117
Originally Posted by Menendez View Post
It's a fact that such policies are intended to discriminate. One thing that cracks me up about modern Americans is their wish to discriminate by social class while at the same time being unwilling to forthrightly admit that's what they're up to. And even being unwilling to admit that social classes exist--we're all middle class, right? ;-) When I describe myself as working class some people look at me like I'm Trotsky or something.
So "pricing" of a night's stay is actually part of any CG's Policy, so with your mindset any rule or policy that excludes anyone is meant to discriminate against someone. I would bet this place isn't cheap, so is it discrimination when someone can't afford to stay there, or is it being a "snobby" CG. So therefor the person should be allowed to get in for whatever rule/policy they need to change to meet there needs. No this is America, the land of Freedom and choice. Some people choose to work hard and live a lifestyle they choose, which may be staying in a luxury CG with standards that fit their needs.

The problem is a lot of people will throw up the "discrimination" flag on any issue that they don't agree with and really start to believe it when this is as simple as who ever owns the CG makes the rules, and all people can chose to go elsewhere if they don't like the rules or their RV is not accepted. Like said by Two Gypsies, we have been to some State Campgrounds that are "tent only" but we could easily fit our MH in and would love to stay there. So should we throw the discrimination flag or "maker a lot of noise' when we leave, no we just go where we are allowed by the CG's rules, and it has nothing to do with money or social class.
Mike & Charlotte
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3610
Orange County, California
Old 04-10-2015, 11:01 PM   #118

Fleetwood Owners Club
He he, funny. What a different thread! I've been in about every type of CG, park, and resort. Not once, that means never!, did DW and I not take the time to review the environment of the business that we were paying our money to hook up and stay for x amount of time. Rarely, if ever have I researched a business with the ten year old RV rule. I've read about these CG, parks, Resorts, etc. on this forum but never in RV Park reviews or similar publications. I'm sure they exist. I'm sure some people with a thirteen year old rig feel upset? Discriminated against? I think not. Most business people that cater to RV travelers might have this rule but it's very subjective and noted by the large majority that have experienced this issue to either send a picture or stop by the office for a look see. I certainly don't catagorize this rule as discrimination. Just good business period. The same values hold true in many or most so called resorts that cater to owners that purchase a deeded lot under state condo rules. I live in such a place, we have several phases, one, only class A motorhomes, two, TT or Class C or 5'rs . Phase one would include by definition a showhauler not in the class A area. Again rules of the HOA, and phase three with Class A, Class C, and Super C. NO TENTS or TT's. Yes these are rules voted upon by the majority of the homeowners and pad owners according to laws governed by the state. I'm sympathetic to a degree but in no instance do I find the Resort mentioned by the OP as snooty. On the contrary, it is a published fact ! Voted upon by a majority of owners in a democratic manner in their community and mine. We indeed do have a relaxed dress code of sorts, however it's never been challenged by any visitor, sorry, customer as our community pretty well speaks and manages by appearance. Sure there are some not so great pads and homes but with time these are corrected by volunteers or legal measures. Our continuity flows well by pride of ownership and those customers that return year after year in each represented class of RV. I'm sorry if some of you find this form of RV community discriminating. However, there is no way to justify your thoughts based upon just plain common business sense. My two cents worth.
Clay & Pebble.. Miss Butter our sweet Goldie (Jan. 2005-Jan. 2015) Sissy our Border Collie
2012 Providence 42 M. Spartan Chassis, 450 ISL
Ford Edge toad, RM All Terrane, TST TPMS, SMI Air Force One, RVM95....
Old 04-10-2015, 11:36 PM   #119
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
Newmar Owners Club
"Old Car Nut" and "wnytaxman"......keep posting, your thoughts are right on the money, reasonable and reflect the values of what this country use to stand for.
Don & Mary
2014 Newmar Dutch Star - All Electric - 450 ISL
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab
Old 04-11-2015, 02:17 AM   #120
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Originally Posted by mrt_1111 View Post
If that pisses you off, wait till you get turned away for your RV being over 10 years old. There away other places to go, do what I do and say thank you and move on.
I find it interesting that this particular park in question (Outdoor Resort St. Lucie west) does NOT have the 10 year rule. It just says that it must be a class A and that it must be longer than 25 feet, nothing about age or condition, I wonder why??
Old 04-11-2015, 04:41 AM   #121
Entegra Owners Club
You have the right to call them snobs, but they have the right to set their own rules in their community. I don't consider it snobbery to want your community to look uniform. I think it adds to the visual appeal of the community and does help property values. But even if it does not, they built it and they are free to make the rules. Whoever doesn't care for their rules can go to a place where the rules are more to their liking, such as your home town.
Marc and Jill, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
Old 04-11-2015, 05:20 AM   #122
Ford Super Duty Owner
Right on Russell!
Old 04-11-2015, 05:53 AM   #123
Originally Posted by Whcopland View Post
First time this ever happened to me......We planned a trip to Florida in our 46ft Showhauler to visit relatives. We contacted Outdoor Resort St. Lucie west and made a reservation. We pulled in and I was greeted at the desk by the following: I am sorry sir but we do not allow that kind of RV in our park. She said it was a class C and therefor not allowed. I kindly informed her that my showhauler was taller and longer than anything else she had in the park and it definitely was not a class C. Then we left making as much noise as we could!
Nobody would want to experience that kind of rejection in person not to mention the inconvenience. Stick around ...its not always this snobby here at irv2
2008 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 340 Cummins
Old 04-11-2015, 06:17 AM   #124

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
We have edited and removed some posts. Our #1 rule here at IRV2 is " be nice " , there was a previous reminder regarding political discussions. We're trying to leave this thread open. Please help us.
You have more patience than I do. Rules are rules...
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:34 AM   #125
Originally Posted by calhyatt View Post
You have more patience than I do. Rules are rules...

the very basis for this entire thread. so, is irv2 discriminating by not allowing people to ignore their rules.
the cg posted their rules and people either accept and meet/fit their criteria or move on. you either conform to irv2's rules and post, or move on. i see no difference between the two. their sandbox, their rules.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:51 AM   #126
Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
There is a park here in Texas I won't name.... But they got so many over $1,000,000 rigs as you come into the place,,,,Me and my little rig just go about a mile down the road and stay at a smaller place... Oh I'd stay right in amongst them but their chrome is so bright you can't sleep . They do have parking for all types of rigs .

1995 Monaco Dynasty
32' B5.9 Banks, 6 speed Alison 3060
2008 HHR Panel toad
Closed Thread