Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2015, 07:08 AM   #1

Snobby RV park

First time this ever happened to me......We planned a trip to Florida in our 46ft Showhauler to visit relatives. We contacted Outdoor Resort St. Lucie west and made a reservation. We pulled in and I was greeted at the desk by the following: I am sorry sir but we do not allow that kind of RV in our park. She said it was a class C and therefor not allowed. I kindly informed her that my showhauler was taller and longer than anything else she had in the park and it definitely was not a class C. Then we left making as much noise as we could!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2015, 07:15 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whcopland View Post
First time this ever happened to me......We planned a trip to Florida in our 46ft Showhauler to visit relatives. We contacted Outdoor Resort St. Lucie west and made a reservation. We pulled in and I was greeted at the desk by the following: I am sorry sir but we do not allow that kind of RV in our park. She said it was a class C and therefor not allowed. I kindly informed her that my showhauler was taller and longer than anything else she had in the park and it definitely was not a class C. Then we left making as much noise as we could!
Wow, they even have a dress code:

Dress Code: Casual attire is the generally accepted standard. Owners and guests, at all times, shall wear clean, appropriate clothing. Men are required to wear shirts at all times. Shorts are permitted. Bare feet are permitted in the pool or patio areas only.

It does state Class A only so not sure if you looked at their site ahead of time, but I get your point.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:16 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Sometimes folks are just doing what they have been told to do. I would have asked to talk to a manager, and then decided what to do. Businesses that turn away paying customers must be doing very well for themselves.

My son and I were shopping for a holster last weekend, the shop was very busy and a new employee told us they did not have what we were looking for. We left, and as we were pulling out of the parking lot, the store manager runs out of the store, and hollers "let me help you find what you are looking for!" He was able to order the holster, and he drove 50 miles round trip to pick it up and deliver it to us. Now that is customer service!

Bruce
Old 04-09-2015, 07:26 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would not call it snobby, just the park rules.
Evidently the park rules justify your being rude to everyone there.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:31 AM   #5
Community Administrator

I've stayed there many times and was advised of their class A rule each time I reserved.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 04-09-2015, 07:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Then we left making as much noise as we could!
Kind of reinforced what they think of "class C" people, don't you think?
Even tho they were wrong, they are entitled to have rules and guidelines
in order to protect their business.
Asking to talk to the manager makes sense. Performing research on the CG before reserving makes sense.
You have now left a bad impression of "those class C people"
Old 04-09-2015, 07:44 AM   #7

Sorry bub, the rules state that you have a Class C rig. The classes are a designation of style not price or position in the social strata.

I like the idea that people should remain dressed when out in public.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:00 AM   #8

Sounds like the kind of place people who live in places with hoa's would like. Don't have enough going on in their own lives so they need to worry about what everyone else does. Too worried about what they appear to be than being who they really are...
Old 04-09-2015, 09:40 AM   #9

Seeing guys laying out in lawn chairs in an over 55 park without shirts is a good reason for shirt policy !!!

Russell
Old 04-09-2015, 10:00 AM   #10

We have been to Port Saint Lucie and in that park for many years. We also have several friends that own their lots, haven't met any snobs really. This is a very nice place! Class A motorhome means exactly what it what it states. You will find many other resorts with the same rules about Class A only. We are in one of those now. Sounds to me you took it personal, that's not what it is about. You also state a length of 47ft, well you won't be allowed in a lot of National Parks either.
Welcome to the Forum by the way.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:02 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Seeing guys laying out in lawn chairs in an over 55 park without shirts is a good reason for shirt policy !!!

Russell
Old 04-09-2015, 10:36 AM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ultimately the person that owns the land makes the rules. We should all support that because none of us wants others to set the rules on our land do we? Liberty means the whole world is not required to do as we want them to. But it also means you don't have to do what the whole world wants you to do, unless you are on their land or they on yours.

I was sympathetic to the OP's post right up until the part where they told us about their departure. Personally I think a Super C should be considered a Class A in this case and I would have made my case to that point in hopes of reconsideration.

It would seem to me that the park owners, in making it a class a only park, were looking to cater less to campers and more to travelers/FTers. Perhaps it was based in wanting to be a premium park so they can command higher rental rates.

Finally rules exist because some jackwagon behaved badly thus the need for a rule to stop the bad behavior. If we all were perfect angels there would be no rules required. Golden Rule still applies not matter how much some folks try to destroy that thinking with anything goes screw you attitudes.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-09-2015, 10:47 AM   #13
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 04-09-2015, 10:48 AM   #14

Snobby RV park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
Ultimately the person that owns the land makes the rules. We should all support that because none of us wants others to set the rules on our land do we? Liberty means the whole world is not required to do as we want them to. But it also means you don't have to do what the whole world wants you to do, unless you are on their land or they on yours.

I was sympathetic to the OP's post right up until the part where they told us about their departure. Personally I think a Super C should be considered a Class A in this case and I would have made my case to that point in hopes of reconsideration.

It would seem to me that the park owners, in making it a class a only park, were looking to cater less to campers and more to travelers/FTers. Perhaps it was based in wanting to be a premium park so they can command higher rental rates.

Finally rules exist because some jackwagon behaved badly thus the need for a rule to stop the bad behavior. If we all were perfect angels there would be no rules required. Golden Rule still applies not matter how much some folks try to destroy that thinking with anything goes screw you attitudes.

We no longer can be perfect angels--Eve ate that apple. Remember. Ha

But OP played his hand when he left the park. He no longer deserves any sympathy

Russell
Closed Thread