Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2015, 06:50 PM   #57

Prevosts are not 50ft, they are 45ft.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2015, 06:58 PM   #58

Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
The world we live in!
Old 04-09-2015, 06:58 PM   #59

Winnebago Owners Club
there are plenty of nice places to stay in Fla

Move on, count yourself lucky
Old 04-09-2015, 07:09 PM   #60

Whatever.... I personally find RV "rules" give rv'ers a bad image in my mine... 10 years old, class A only, all just makes the RV look snobby to me...

I my mind RV should just allow people to travel and see the world... Just a tool...

Personally it makes me sad that the RV is more important than ones family... "no way I would ever let my children borrow my RV"

They are just vehicles... most worth more money than one should spend... I see way too many RVs afraid to drive on poor roads ect as it might damage the "RIG"

Personally I love my 33 year old RV... class who knows what it is (Wide body B+ or C without bunks?? I do not care)... It happily drives down dirt roads to the best West Coast Beaches, the kids soak the floor coming in from the ocean, the 120lbs dog sleeps on the bed with the 8 year old, the cat sleeps with the 11 year old, the shower stores hockey gear or surf boards depending on the season....

We walk around without shoes if we want, sand in our hair, and optional shirts... That is Freedom... sort think the locked gate is keeping me safe from the class A?
Old 04-09-2015, 07:15 PM   #61

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 336muffin View Post
Prevosts are not 50ft, they are 45ft.

Meet the Prevost H5-60

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1428628509.105957.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  23.7 KB
Old 04-09-2015, 07:18 PM   #62

Nice welcome by a quite a few members to a first time poster
I'll bet he will rush right back for more insight (read "abuse") from forum members. Yup, I guess it really is all about "class"

Cheers Rick T.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:34 PM   #63

Gulf Streamers Club
Interesting that no one seems willing to admit that there is no rational reason for the park to restrict their clientèle to Class A's. Its not as though the hook-ups won't fit a Class C or a 5ver, or the concrete pads will be too hard.

Its clear the park wants to restrict itself to new, expensive rigs with owners that have a lot of disposable income, either because they believe they'll get a higher "class" of people or because its their way of justifying overcharging for a 20x60 foot chunk of pavement.

Of course its snobbery, economic if not social. And of course the owners are perfectly entitled do whatever they wish with their property. I just find it interesting that no one is willing to admit the bias. Because they buy into the snobbery too?
Old 04-09-2015, 07:42 PM   #64

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Don't need a "rational" reason! Their property, their rules.

If people here are so worried about it then call and ask what their rational is rather than speculating about it. Probably they don't even care about what you think about it.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:42 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBadger View Post
Interesting that no one seems willing to admit that there is no rational reason for the park to restrict their clientèle to Class A's. Its not as though the hook-ups won't fit a Class C or a 5ver, or the concrete pads will be too hard.

Its clear the park wants to restrict itself to new, expensive rigs with owners that have a lot of disposable income, either because they believe they'll get a higher "class" of people or because its their way of justifying overcharging for a 20x60 foot chunk of pavement.

Of course its snobbery, economic if not social. And of course the owners are perfectly entitled do whatever they wish with their property. I just find it interesting that no one is willing to admit the bias. Because they buy into the snobbery too?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ WELL SAID

Cheers Rick T
Old 04-09-2015, 07:48 PM   #66

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Don't need a "rational" reason! Their property, their rules.

If people here are so worried about it then call and ask what their rational is rather than speculating about it. Probably they don't even care about what you think about it.
Touchy, aren't you?

Sure they are welcome to do as they please with their property, as I said. But I'm pretty sure they do it for the reason I said, too.

But people are ashamed to admit it.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:48 PM   #67

Entegra Owners Club
They own the facility. If they want say only blue RV's are allowed, that's their privilege. Get over it. It's a big world and someone else will be happy to take your money.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:27 PM   #68

Back when we had a small travel trailer we wanted to stay in a particular national park campground. We got there and the sign said "tents only". We would have fit perfectly in the spaces but golly gee....tents only? Now what is that all about?

What about 'membership' parks where they actually require you to be a member?

What about 55+ parks that exclude youngsters?

There used to be a Airstream park for that specific manufacturer - not sure if there still is.

How about the Elks parks? What? You have to be an Elk?

Parks can be for many specialized reasons. What's the big deal? Always something to gripe about.. . enjoy life.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:59 PM   #69

"Men are required to wear shirts at all times."

Swimming sucks big wearing a shirt just saying....

Starting to wonder what the A stands for in Class A?

RVs should just be a tool to enjoyment...
Old 04-10-2015, 12:00 AM   #70

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBadger View Post

Are you affiliated with any social, religious, or professional group that exists because its membership is like-minded?
Closed Thread