Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #1

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
SO SAD!!!!

Today was 80 degrees sunny and PERFECT. I was getting RV ready for winter drain filling, plugging, patching. She looks SO sad just sitting and waiting for another spring to come.
Conquest102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #2

Living in the Desert Southwest has its upside too, we might have horribly hot summers, but we have mostly good Spring, Fall, and Winters...camping year round. I get to pick up my new girl tomorrow...and take her out on the road the weekend of November 1, 2012 to Lake Havasu for our maiden voyage. I'm jazzed!
Oscar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
And that is why we live in the south.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #4

That's also why we take off 4-5 months in the winter. Iowa is no place to be from Dec to April!!!!
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #5

I'll be winterizing soon also but it will be shortlived. I will flush it out after Christmas to head to the Keys. I hate to think that the end of the world on 12/21 will disrupt my plans.
mcbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquest102 View Post
Today was 80 degrees sunny and PERFECT. I was getting RV ready for winter drain filling, plugging, patching. She looks SO sad just sitting and waiting for another spring to come.
I feel your pain !! 80's here today, a freeze coming this weekend. Poor thing is sitting in the garage feeling neglected, haven't even had a chance for a road trip just to check out the engine fan clutch I recently replaced. What a Chore that was !!!
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #7

KBen, Just purchased a 2002 holiday rambler Endeavor. Do you know of a forum that just has Holiday rambler owners for some Intel/Questions in the future? Respectfully, Jersey Dave
pdidonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #8

Jersey Dave 2002 holiday rambler Endeavor

Just purchased the above coach and would love to know if there is a forum for the Holiday Rambler family? Sort of new to this forum thing so if I'm repeating myself, SORRY. Respectfully Jersey Dave Retired I.A.F.F. Brother
pdidonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kben39 View Post
And that is why we live in the south.
kben, please do not tell the northern folks about our mild winters, they know about our summers....ha ha. The camp ground, Alamo RV Park, close to my home is full of northern folks (okay, I was one years ago) and must have 150 nice spaces....many are full timers. The park used to be a huge field with a tavern on it. The tavern burned down, someone bought the property and put in this nice park. The had to buy a new pick up truck the other day to haul the money to the bank....ha ha

Don't tell....
George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #10

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lewis View Post
kben, please do not tell the northern folks about our mild winters, they know about our summers....ha ha. The camp ground, Alamo RV Park, close to my home is full of northern folks (okay, I was one years ago) and must have 150 nice spaces....many are full timers. The park used to be a huge field with a tavern on it. The tavern burned down, someone bought the property and put in this nice park. The had to buy a new pick up truck the other day to haul the money to the bank....ha ha

Don't tell....
TOO LATE I'm TELLEN!!!!!!
Conquest102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdidonato View Post
KBen, Just purchased a 2002 holiday rambler Endeavor. Do you know of a forum that just has Holiday rambler owners for some Intel/Questions in the future? Respectfully, Jersey Dave
Try this Dave, Monaco Owner's Forum - iRV2 Forums and welcome to IRV2 !!
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
That's also why we take off 4-5 months in the winter. Iowa is no place to be from Dec to April!!!!
I would think Iowa is one of the perfect places to be FROM, Dec to April!!! Actual as far as you can south of there!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #13
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Winterized two weeks ago for a freeze in the mountains. De-winterizing tomorrow for Halloween weekend with my daughter. We will winterized next week. I have an airline set up for quick flushing do the lines. Splashof pink stuff in the drains, cup in the appliances and a quick drain cycle and I am done. Takes less than 15 minutes. It is hard each time to think that we have to wait for spring so we have a system to take late fall and early spring trips.

Don't give up!

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #14

What's winterizing? lol We're just starting to get going down here.
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote