Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-01-2014, 07:07 AM   #1
So Sad ...

Nov1 - - - My RV is winterized and the snow is falling . It's going to be a looooooong winter up here in Toronto . Well, at least I'll have lots of time to figure out where to go RVing next year.

Now where's my winter coat, snow boots, tuque & gloves???

scubastevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2014, 07:09 AM   #2
We feel the same pain , winterized , snow on the ground today , Yuck !

Patty & Glen
Bracebridge ,Ontario ,Canada,Eh
2014 ASPIRE 42 DEQ
gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:39 AM   #3
Rats, you guys have all the luck, I will need to wait another month to ski and then the snow is only on mountain tops, none on the golf course or on my fishing boat but hey, last year we had some snow one morning that lasted till about 3 in the afternoon, the neighbourhood kids loved it.
'98 Southwind 34L, too many cameras, old hat, young heart.
May the light be with you.
Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:53 AM   #4
I winterized my fiver in early OCT the 3RD to be exact, since we just got back from a trip out east after 3,500 mile in 22 days. The DW said put the unit away for the winter we will get the unit out of storage in the spring. Now we sit back and enjoy the winter and grandkids. By the way it snow yesterday Oct 31, in the Chicago land area also.

Most of the camp grounds will close for the winter in our area by Columbus Day anyway. So we usually put the unit away around the 20 of OCT; just clean it up a little earlier than normal.

Jim W.
Jim & Jill
Sold: 2010 318SAB Cougar:New: 2016 Cedar Creek 34RL. 2008 Dodge 6.7LCummins the original 6.7L engine, w/68RFE Auto
jimcumminsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 09:07 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by scubastevee View Post
Nov1 - - - My RV is winterized and the snow is falling . It's going to be a looooooong winter up here in Toronto . Well, at least I'll have lots of time to figure out where to go RVing next year.

Now where's my winter coat, snow boots, tuque & gloves???

Hello Steve in Toronto. I'm feeling for you, I grew up in Burlington but moved south in 1991, can't imagine ever moving back and having to deal with those winters. We've settled in the Houston area and sooooooo glad to not have to deal with the cold and snow.

Good luck, hope the winter isn't as long as it was last year!
Scott & Lise
2015 Dutch Star 4381 with HWH Active Air
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon "Hard Rock" or
2011 Chevy Traverse LTZ ...... both w/Blue Ox Aventa and M&G Brake
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 09:45 AM   #6
Thor Owners Club
I'm winterizing this weekend, although there is no snow in the forcast......on the wet coast its rain.....starts in November and ends in Arpil....
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 03:13 PM   #7
We set the clocks back in the motorhome, today here in Florida, does that count as "winterizing"
Don and Nancy
[2014 40QBH Phaeton, 2015 Buick Enclave, 2yr old sisters Sara n Kaycee, Havanese, Two Segways
djbmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 04:33 PM   #8
Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good-Bye snow. Hello sunshine. No more snow for us either. We will be on our lot in Florida each winter!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:50 AM   #9
We are having snow today but I have not gotten to the winterizing yet. Do have to do it soon. It would be nice to be in an area that we did not have to but then there are other issues we would have to deal with. Everyone and everyplace has their issues.

GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote