Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2018, 10:47 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggcrisp View Post
The real challenge for 5 days of boondocking is water storage. The average person uses 100 gallons of water per day. Me and swmbo have adjusted to 25 gallons per day each. Although it’s probably more like 10:40. Class c motor homes usually have about 50 gallons or less of fresh water capacity. I don’t want to know how all you other people live for days on end without using much water. Having an abundance of water is exactly why I chose to live where I am.
I highly disagree on the average RVing person using 100 gal/day!! One can easily get by on 5 gal/day - including shower, drinking, cooking, dishes. You said you've cut it down to 25 gal/day/person. I cannot believe you're using that much water RVing! Maybe in a house you would go overboard but that would be hard to do in a RV. The house toilet uses much more water and you'd probably have a dishwasher, washing machine, take long showers and leaving water run, perhaps a bathtub, leave the water run when washing hands, brushing teeth, heavy duty cooking.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2018, 05:36 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ditto!

My norm is very close to 3 gallons per day. Little higher or lower depending on availability. That includes drinking water and coffee.

However; I can see how someone that does a lot of cooking (and dishes) could use a good bit more than that. I would guess the shower is the biggest consumer/waster of water so mastering the navy shower it is probably the key.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:34 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggcrisp View Post
The average person uses 100 gallons of water per day. Me and swmbo have adjusted to 25 gallons per day each. Although it’s probably more like 10:40. Class c motor homes usually have about 50 gallons or less of fresh water capacity. I don’t want to know how all you other people live for days on end without using much water. Having an abundance of water is exactly why I chose to live where I am.
I assure you personal Hygiene is not sacrificed by not using 100 GPD. Where do you get this information? Even 25 GPD is absurd. I don't keep track but I can guess that when my DW and I boondock we might use 5 gallons a day each?? But no matter what amount is used, we are clean. I've seen more people with unlimited fresh water who look and smell much worse then us when we're boondocking. People amaze me sometimes.
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:16 AM   #32

100 GPD!! 25 GPD !! My well at home wouldn’t last a day with those number and there’s 3 of us
gbstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:44 AM   #33

Rv’ers are not average people. Not at all!!!! We have a completely different water use / conservation lifestyle compared to other municipal folks.

I use about 10 gallons per day and DW uses about 40 gallons.

My point to the op was to worry less about power and more about H20.

On the subject of power, I use the generator all night if ac is desirable. Otherwise we use near zero electricity when boondocking in mild or cool temperatures. Of course we only boondock for one evening, night at a time.

Tags
generator, solar