Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2011, 06:45 AM   #1

Solar Charger

I have a Bounder Diesel 38N (2007). It has s solar "charger" on the forward air conditioner housing. Does anyboby know which set of batteries this is supposed to charge? Does it charge when the coach is parked and the systems are turned off?
sssacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2011, 02:08 PM   #2

Triple E Owners Club
The Solar panels will charge the coach batteries. When the batteries are fully charged the Charging Unit will stop the charge.
OneRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:54 PM   #3

Those solar units do not have much of an output. They are more for battery maintenance when the RV is not in use. Any solar is better than none.
ralper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Solar panel

My bounder has the same setup. It is a 5 watt panel. I think the mount would accommodate about a 30 watt panel and so I have started to research this. 30 watt would actually be big enough to keep the batteries topped up when parked.
Peterd503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:24 PM   #5

I'm looking to replace my trickle charger...need help

I have one of these units on my Bounder, a 2000 32H. My problem is the unit is cracked and does not function. I have looked through all the literature that is in my owner information folder and cant find a part number or manufacturer. I am assuming (probably shouldn't) that most of these units are of a similar style or model but I am at a loss where I should look. My dealer has been no help. They only wish to sell me a completely new unit and the associated labor to install. I only wish to replace the panel if its possible. Would a build sheet for my unit tell me what I am looking for and if so where can I find one? A previous poster indicated that his was a 5W model. Were these the factory standard at the time?

Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated.
Rustyreel is offline   Reply With Quote