Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #15
If you were on the Mass Turnpike, I-90, it was probably the same @#$% that did it to me about 3-4 years ago.

Dave W along with my DW, Susan and our poodlepups, Callie & Molly,2011 Ford F250 6.7 CCLB, 5er Hitch Option w/B&W Hitch,,Ride Rite air bags, 2014 Montana High Country 343RL (38')
IC2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2011, 04:57 PM   #16
I vote for stupid. I get the same crap if I'm in my car or MH they poke along till finally you can pass them, then the speed up for a short distance then slow down. Or they will pull out in front of you thinking I don't want to get behind that big old thing hat ends up passing them.

2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:12 PM   #17

Heartland RV Club
It's hard to talk on the phone with an air horn in your ear
Wayne and Debbie
2014 Gateway 3650BH
2008 F350 dually diesel .
Tallyrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #18
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by RVJeeper View Post
Who knows what is going through someone's mind when they act like that? I drove semi for 7 years and lost count of the kind of incidents you describe. You did exactly the right thing... pull off the road for a few minutes and let him go on and bug someone else.
This is a demonstration anger and self focus – lots of this going around. Don’t let them taunt you into rage as well. Like RV Jeeper said - - Back off and let them go on their way. It doesn’t hurt to have some self protection onboard incase they follow you to start something serious.
Tom and Amy from Northern Virginia.
2000 Allegro 454/Workhorse P32/TST/Crossfire
Life is a DIY project - enjoy it.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #19
Careful with the horn and head lights; some of these nitwits carry guns and will use them. An attorney got killed the other day in Tampa by some nitwit with a gun just because the guy didn;t slow down when he was entering the highway.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:26 PM   #20
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by okie-dokie View Post
Hi Faith, you did the right thing by pulling into a rest stop. I would not suggest using the air horn or bright lights, as that would only make matters worse. If you used the horn or lights here in southern CA, the next thing you might see is a 9mm pointed at you. Some people are miserable with themselves and take it out on others. Don't let others spoil your nice vacation, trip, etc.
I carry a .45 on me and a shotgun or AR in the back, they trump a 9mm.
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #21
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
To do anything other than what you did could just exacerbate the situation.

Wise choice.
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #22
To many losers out there ,avoid and ignore if possible. Be prepared if that doesnt work. If you play there game it might start something worse.
wylie pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:25 PM   #23
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
When we have encountered this, I slowed down 5 mph and let them drift away. As y'all said, a rest stop or lunch is a good alternative, too.
2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD, Cummins ISL 400, Allison 3000, Progressive EMS, Aventa II, Air Force One, Tire Safeguard TPMS, Blue Ox Tru Center (maybe), Lotsa LEDs
mrschwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #24
Monaco Owners Club
This individual is all three in my book, envy of the big rig, road rage, and just plain stupid. You did the right thing by removing yourselves from the equation.
Bob Retired Army Traveling alone now.
2008 Camelot 40 PDQ 4 slides ISL400 towing a 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quadcab
Western MT in summer, AZ, NV in winter
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:27 PM   #25
Winnebago Owners Club
Originally Posted by dagray View Post
You did the right thing. The best thing is to pull off somewhere and take a rest for a little while. Remember, You can not fix stupid.
Life is to short.
so true you cant fix stupid, I try to avoid it when ever possible.
IMPULSE DRIVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:05 AM   #26
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I had the same thing happen to me twice today, driving my Jeep.

Both times the idiot, in front of me, was texting (illegal in WA) and slowing down/weaving side to side. After they had dropped 10 miles below the speed limit, I went to go around them. Both times they sped up and tried to cut me off. The difference between me and you was my V-8 Jeep was faster. Of course they then proceeded to stay on my rear bumper, for a mile or so, because I had the audacity to pass them.

I don't understand people like that. They don't want to drive the speed limit and they refuse to (or try to) allow people to get around them so that THEY can do the speed limit.

I think it just boils down to 'people are whacked' (except for those with RV's )

1990 Itasca Suncruiser 32'
1996 V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
7 Pomeranians, a white Chuihuhia & a 1982 Honda Express Scooter
~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:44 AM   #27
Winnebago Owners Club
Most people, myself included, tend to unconsciously slow down when talking on a cell phone while driving. In almost every situation like you described, a cell phone is in use. I really think those things are as dangerous as intoxicated or drugged drivers. Your mind is just not on driving while talking on a cell phone.

I, too, have encountered many of these speedup to pass you and then slow down drivers. Stopping for a few minutes is the best remedy.
2011 Journey Express 34Y
2011 Chevy Silverado Texas Edition 4X4 (in Tow)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:14 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Horrible People, Thankfully a Tiny Percentage

Originally Posted by fansill View Post
Is it envy of the big rig, road rage, or just plain stupidity??? And how do you all deal with this?
Maybe it's a mixture of these factors.

I love video cams, and with most cell phones, you can hand the right-seater one and say "film him." A call to 911 is a good followup. Of course, any time someone is behaving aggressively or erractically, there is automatic suspicion of drunk/impaired driving. Plus, to a person, these bullies will turn into cowards the moment they are "outed."

The cops want our help taking these miscreants off the road. Your action today might save a life tomorrow.

RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote