Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #15
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Air horns are simple items. I had on on my 2004 Motorcycle. Small little devil with a miniature air compressor. I don't remember the decibel rating, but I can guarantee you it was loud. The entire kit was about $90.

As for entering a MH, anyone set on doing it can be inside in under 10 seconds. The dead bolts and latches are no match for a nail puler/crow bar. Pop! Your in. So rethink about how difficult or easy it is to get into a MH.

I have the dog alarm.

Happy trails.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
maybe you don't realize it but motorhomes of the same brand all take the same key for entry and basement storage.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by alv3769 View Post
maybe you don't realize it but motorhomes of the same brand all take the same key for entry and basement storage.
Not Always! On our Newmar brand there can be several different keys and deadbolts are keyed different, so use your deadbolt.
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #18

With 40,000 Americans dying from smoking and an equal number from obesity and diabetes and heart disease, and 21,000 dying in gun related murders, and 44,000 dying in auto accidents, and 3,000 dying each year in oversea military adventures, being parked in an RV at night should hardly be a worry unless you are in the path of a tornado or hurricane.

The news media, guns dealers, and those in power who want us to meekly give up the Bill of Rights protections, tell us to be fearful and afraid and buy plastic sheeting and duct tape and firearms and all too often they succeed.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
I like the airhorn.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Would dial 911 then 1911 while trying to leave the area.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #21

our invitation

this works
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	entrance2.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	31148  
Old 12-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #22

A ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
Old 12-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Inside your motorhome is probably as safe as can be, the problem to me is that trip to the rest room rather than using your self containment or walking your lap dog at 2:00 AM. Most incidents happen when we let our guards down or open the door for that stranger in distress..

Don
Old 12-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimesy
Inside your motorhome is probably as safe as can be, the problem to me is that trip to the rest room rather than using your self containment or walking your lap dog at 2:00 AM. Most incidents happen when we let our guards down or open the door for that stranger in distress..

Don
I agree with this sentiment completely. These days bad guys don't even need anything to steel - they can just drive by and leave holes everywhere for the fun of it. Sad. And those that want an encounter will go for the easy hits. Sadder still.

Keep yer wits about ya out there and be safe.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #25

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
this works
I don't see how, unless one's willing to sit, 24/7 and clutching a Big Gun, inside a rig on a storage lot.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca
I don't see how, unless one's willing to sit, 24/7 and clutching a Big Gun, inside a rig on a storage lot.
I sometimes get the feeling some people spend 2/3's of their time loading and unloading munitions and 1/3 traveling and enjoying the ride. Need to revise my theory to allow for sitting in drivers seat with sights pointed at the door.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #27

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I sometimes get the feeling some people spend 2/3's of their time loading and unloading munitions and 1/3 traveling and enjoying the ride. Need to revise my theory to allow for sitting in drivers seat with sights pointed at the door.
That's gotta be tough duty...makes one wonder why such folks would buy a "recreational vehicle" at all!

Unless of course the above-described ritual is a necessary part of the "recreation"...
Old 12-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #28

Earlier this year, while staying at a very nice campground in Grants NM, DW was out walking our girl, (10 yr old Dane) in daylight, (DW is 4'11") and a 'guy' stopped in his beater old little pickup and asked to take their picture. She politely declined and started back towards the MH,, the guy asked again ,,, but he quit and drove on when he saw me... I always keep an eye (or two) on her,, and luck has it he didn't push things as I had my double barrel derringer in my pocket (anytime I'm out of the rv) chambered with one 3" 410 and one 45 long colt round... I made a point of standing in the road of the campground, (pistol hidden in pocket) and watched him drive out the gate... He didn't belong there,, I figure,,, and who knows what he was thinking... Maybe he likes dogs,,, maybe other,,, point being keep your eyes open............

monkey is offline   Reply With Quote